- I have over 9 years of professional software development experience in Java with agile scrum and waterfall methodologies.
- I have developed RESTful web services and SOAP based web services.
- I have developed web - based applications using Spring, EJB, JSF and JSP.
- My development experience includes interfacing with TIBCO EMS, ActiveMQ, Oracle, etc. in Java.
- I have great ability and eagerness to learn new technologies quickly and independently.
- I have delivered working in pair, independently and remotely.
- I have effectively lead offshore development team and reviewed their code.
Database Systems: Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL.
Frameworks: Mule, MyBatis, Spring, Spring Batch, Spring Boot, JSF, JMS, ActiveMQ, TIBCO EMS, Java RCP, ICEfaces, RichFaces, Hibernate, YUI, Mockito
IDE: Anypoint Studio, IntelliJ Idea, Eclipse, NetBeans, Visual Studio.
Libraries: Apache POI, OpenCV, Ganymed SSH, GStreamer, JMonkeyEngine.
Servers:: Weblogic, Mule ESB, Websphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Glassfish, Apache, IIS 7, SharePoint, Jenkins.
Software: Rally, FishEye, Crucible, JIRA, Confluence, Putty, Joomla CMS, Remedy.
Source Control Tools: Git, Subversion, TortoiseSVN, MKS Integrity, Perforce
Confidential, Plano, TX
Senior Software Engineer
- MuleSoft Certified Developer - MCD - Integration and API Associate.
- Developed RESTful services using Mule ESB.
- Worked on Mule Services to implement new changes, defects and code efficiency.
- Developed first set of MUnit tests for Mule services for the team to follow.
- Deployed Mule services to Mule ESB to various environments via MMC.
- Acted as an onshore lead person to coordinate defects and change requests.
- Wrote first set of JUnits utilizing JMockit and WireMock for a legacy application for the team to follow.
- Acted as a release lead and coordinated release tasks with RM team and other developers.
- Setup dashboard and alerts for various applications in Splunk.
- Provided knowledge transfer to other developers on JUnits.
- Performed code reviews for peers
Environment: Agile, Java, Spring, Mule Services, JUnit, JMockit, WireMock, MUnit, Oracle, Splunk, Anypoint Studio, Eclipse, SQL, PL/SQL, Hibernate, Git, Subversion, Perforce, Weblogic, Jenkins, Maven, Jira, Rally, SonarQube, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed restful web services utilizing Spring, Apache CXF and JAXB.
- Developed Spring batch application to load CSV file into the database.
- Developed a JMS client to send messages to ActiveMQ and TIBCO EMS destinations.
- Implemented new features and enhancements utilizing Java/JSP/Spring/JS.
- Followed agile methodology and industry best practices such as TDD and Pair programming.
- Developed PL/SQL forward and rollback scripts for data conversion.
- Responsible for deploying and promoting new release builds to various environments.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings and provided feedback in sprint retrospectives.
- Participated in poker planning sessions for user story estimations.
- Created user stories in Rally/JIRA and performed code review for peers in Crucible.
- Implemented new use cases in JSF referencing legacy Cobol application and accommodating current business requirements in a scrum based agile environment.
- Constructed JUnit tests to verify design specifications and to assure maximum code coverage.
- Performed technical and functional code reviews for peers.
- Created XSD requests as per legacy and implement the SOAP based web services.
- Designed and created dynamic reports with Eclipse BIRT reporting platform.
- Fixed framework, UI and backend defects making sure related defects are fixed together.
- Trained offshore team onsite in India for fixing defects in modernized J2EE system
- Assisted in resolving defects and perform code reviews for the team.
- Created weekly reports for defects and reported it to the management.
- Researched on new innovative ideas/proposal and if plausible, developed applications for R&D department.
- Developed an RCP application showing real-time speedometer, temperature gauge and attitude indicator of a Rover using SWT toolkit with double buffering.
- Developed a Java application to view live high resolution video from the Rover.
- Successfully embedded 3D JMonkeyEngine inside an Eclipse RCP application.
- Developed an application for visualizing the data collected by the Crime Scene Modeler Rover in Google Earth in near real-time by generating the KML from files database.
- Created a library for generating KML files for Google Earth.
- Created 3D models in Google SketchUp for representing various types of data collected by the rover. Eg. High Resolution images, Infrared Images, Radiation Data, Chemical Data, GPS Data.
- Tweaked Google Earth via KML to make 3D models clickable and display a balloon.
- Developed an application which generates Anaglyph and 3D video from stereo images using OpenCV library.
Environment: Java RCP, SWT, C++, MKS Integrity, JMonkeyEngine, OpenCV, KML, XML, Google Earth, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Linux.
- Worked with operational groups to understand and document tool requirements.
- Worked with technology and operations subject matter experts to understand network capabilities and business processes that will be required to deliver expected tools.
- Created WBS for managing projects efficiently and to set out deadlines for the various phases of the project.
- Established and developed tool architecture to enable rapid tool development that can be modified and re-used to meet evolving needs.
- Developed well structured, optimized and modular code in Java using NetBeans to meet operational requirements and standards.
- Developed a tool in Java which validates a device by performing over 125 checks by matching information in the configuration of the device with the information in inventory, resulted in a huge benefit of over $350k/year to the company.
- Invoked commands on devices (routers) via Telnet and SSH in Java to validate various required functionality like Multicasting, Performance Management, etc. Generated output summary and wrote it to the Ticket Server using SOAP protocol.
- Converted a script written in PERL into Java in order to accommodate new requirements, to improve efficiency and to increase flexibility of the script.
- Assisted new interns by sharing my experience and by making them re-use my existing code snippets in order to cut development time.
- Performed UAT with users and Operation Readiness Tests after deploying the tool.
- Created documentations and user guides for the developed tools.
- Initiated an effort to create team website with a forum for various process, tools and FAQ's for newly hired employees using Joomla CMS.
- Developed a front-end in ICEfaces which displays on-demand dynamic content in a tree view from MySQL.
Environment: Java, JSF, ICEFaces, JSP, Hibernate, MySQL, MS SQL, GlassFish, SharePoint, Apache POI, Perl, Telnet, SSH, JIRA, Remedy, Joomla, Subverzsion, Netbeans.