- Over 8 years of professional IT experience with full project lifecycle development in J2EE technologies: Requirements analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment of software applications.
- Hands on experience in developing Single Page Applications (SPA) using Angular JS
- Extensively implemented various J2EE applications using MVC, Struts, Spring MVC, Spring JDBC, Spring Boot, Spring AOP, Spring IOC.
- Expertise in implementing Web Services based on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using SOAP, Restful Web Services.
- Designed and developed SOAP and Restful web services using WSDL, SOAP, JAX WS, JAX - RS, CXF, AXIS, JERSEY, REST Template and SOAP UI.
- Experience Developing, enhance and maintain a Spring Boot based microservices application
- Worked experience in Hibernate ORM tool.
- Good Knowledge of Amazon Web Service (AWS) EC2 and Continuous Integration with Jenkins.
- Handled operations and maintenance support for AWS cloud resources which includes launching, maintaining and troubleshooting EC2 instances, S3 buckets, Virtual Private Clouds (VPC), Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Experience in real-time monitoring and alerting the applications deployed in AWS using Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail and Simple Notification Service to maximize resource allocations.
- Extensively utilized containers like Docker to build a microservice based architecture using Spring Boot.
- Knowledge on NoSQL databases like Cassandra and MongoDB and Apache Spark for cluster management with Apache Kafka as messaging system.
- Involved in building and deploying Apache Ant/ Maven scripts for deployment and customizing WAR/JAR file management for web applications.
- Mastery of build technologies like Jenkins, Maven, Gradle etc., Integration and automation of source control applications like Subversion, GIT, Artifactory.
- Experience working with JIRA for bug tracking and Confluence Pages for report creation and other project management purposes.
- Log4J for extensible logging, debugging and error tracing.
- Proficient in methodologies such as AGILE, Scrum Software Development processes, Test Driven Development and conventional SDLC.
- Experienced in working with Web/Application servers like, WebSphere5.1/6.1, JBoss 4.0, and Apache Tomcat 7.x.
- Good working experience with Relational Databases like Oracle 10g/11g/12c and DB2.
- Have extensive experience in managing large teams with various skill sets.
- Strong presentation, analytical, multitasking, decision making, problem solving and excellent inter-personal skills.
- Strong communication skills (written, reading comprehension, listening, verbal, training and presentation).
J2EE Frameworks: Spring, Spring Boot, Struts, Hibernate.
Tools: / IDEs: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse3.0, Net Beans, My Eclipse, Notepad++, Eclipse IDE, Visual Studio 2010, Sublime Editor, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop
Databases: MS SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL (Mongo DB)
Web/Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic and Tomcat 5.x/6.x
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile.
Version Control: Visual Source Safe, Clear Case, Subversion, Perforce, SVN, GIT
Operating Systems: UNIX, LINUX, Windows2000/XP/2003.
Software: Oracle, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop7, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver cs4.
Other: SQL Developer, MySQL Workbench, Robomongo, Studio3T
Sr. Java Developer
Confidential, Lincoln, NE
- Work closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts and stakeholders, with respect to, but not limited to, requirements gathering, architecting, developing, and unit testing software solutions, before handing over the product to QA group.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Worked on responsive design and put forward a proposal of doing away with device-specific apps and developing a single responsive website that could be served to both desktop and mobile users.
- Involved in the development of presentation layer and GUI framework using Angular 4 and HTML.
- Used CSS pre-processors (SASS)
- Design and Coding of various JAVA, J2EE modules like Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Rest, Hibernate, JPA.
- Implemented Hibernate annotation mapping on back-end Java Beans, using Spring Hibernate DAO support API build the relationship between Database and Java Beans.
- Developed server-side application to interact with database using Spring Boot and Hibernate.
- Lead Developer in design and implementation of Authentication/Authorization servers to share identity and access tokens across micro services.
- Administer and maintain server environments in Amazon Web Services (AWS) for all deployed applications.
- Designing document schemas for NoSQL Mongo DB for real-time read/writes.
- Extensively design and develop REST-based web services needed by the consumers.
- Introduced micro services architecture for separating out independent services.
- Co-ordinate with various teams to achieve successful implementation of processes/applications.
- Work closely with the Middleware and System Administrators in providing technical expertise from the development and implementation perspectives, especially with NodeJS Web and Tomcat servers.
- Designed and implemented RESTful services using Swagger, Node JS, Express and Mongo.
- Deployed NodeJS microservices to AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Architected componentized Application Design featuring both vertical (Service Layer -> DAOs -> Domain, Batch Framework Integration and Infrastructure) and horizontal building blocks splicing within the scope of Business Logic.
- Designed and developed Gradle build scripts
- Integrate code coming from the team in the daily builds, run unit test suite, conduct code reviews.
- Responsive design concept was implemented. Therefore, all web sites developed in this project are compatible for desktop, mobile, and tablet devices
Sr. Java Developer
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Actively involved in interacting with business users to record user requirements and created the Functional Specification Documents (FRD’s) and remodeled the existing architecture.
- Designed UseCase Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Developed the custom Logging framework used to log transactions executed across the various applications using Log4j.
- Developed the custom Error Handling framework, used for handling Socket Errors using spring AOP and maintaining the transactions.
- Used Ajax scripting to make the web pages more dynamic by making asynchronous calls to the server and only reloading the selected area of web page instead of loading the entire web page.
- Leveraged the IOC concepts of Spring framework to integrate Spring based user interface with Hibernate based persistence interface.
- Developed end to end application on Spring Boot framework (RestApi Application/Spring JPA using Crud repository).
- Worked with various encryption modules which effectively handle highly secure user data.
- Developed dynamic proxies to consume the web services developed in JAX-WS standards for CRM module.
- Published JAX-WS based web services where in all the requests will be routed to this Single Point service and based on the request they are forwarded to the corresponding legacy operations.
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Developed API for using AWS Lambda to manage the servers and run the code in AWS.
- Created RESTful Web Service based on Jersey Restful API, provide data accessibility.
- Used Apache Kafka cluster as messaging system between the Microservices.
- Used Git as version control tool to maintain and update source code to develop server.
- Responsible for building/deploying consistently repeatable build/deployments to company non-production environments using JENKINS & BUILD Pipelines.
- Used spring sleuth for distributed tracing in the microservices based environment and Splunk for log management.
- Participated in Code migration and resolving code conflicts in various versions.
- Developed PL/SQL stored procedures and functions for enforcing database constraints.
- Coordinated with Developers and QA Testing Team regarding testing issues like setting up builds, issuing tickets, setting up Testing and Development Environment.
- Used Ant Scripts and Maven in building the application and auto deploying it to the environment.
- Involved in exporting and importing integrations and jar files from development, staging and production environments.
- Resolved the production tickets issued and deployed patches to the test environment.
Environment: Java 1.7, Hibernate 3.0, Spring, Jersey, JEE, EJB, JAX-WS, XML, XSD, SOAP, WSDL, SOAPUI, LOG4j, Junit, Mock objects, JMS, Eclipse, Edit Plus, XMLSPY, Fiddler, DB Visualizer, WebLogic, AWS Lambda, S3, Elastic Beanstalk.
Sr. Java Developer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Involved in Design, Development and Support phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Followed Agile Scrum process to streamline development process with iterative and incremental development.
- Managed and mentored a group of application developers, assigned responsibilities, discuss technology options and solutions, participated in functional and technical design meetings, managed project schedules, and module targets.
- Produced detailed design documents with design alternatives, pros and cons for each approach and reasons for the recommended approach
- Designed class diagrams, Object diagrams, sequence diagrams, component diagrams and generating code from them using Enterprise Architect tool.
- Developed application based on Spring web MVC framework by implementing features like IOC (Inversion of control) and DI (Dependency Injection) and configuring application context using spring bean factory.
- Used Hibernate with Spring - writing annotations to map relationships and create model classes.
- Developed the application using Spring MVC Framework by implementing controller and backend service classes.
- Used Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) in Spring framework for transaction management and developing advices for various cross cutting concerns such as logging, security and indexing.
- Involved in using Spring Data JPA (Java Persistence API) framework and JPA Specification criteria builder to work with dynamic queries in java.
- Used Spring Security to work on Logout functionality and application Error handling.
- Developed the components using the spring frameworks Spring MVC, Spring DAO, Spring AOP
- Responsible for developing the sequential and conditional batch jobs using the Spring batch framework.
- Implemented J2EE design patterns - MVC, Facade, Data Transfer Object(DTO) and Data access object (DAO) in the project extensively which facilitates clean distribution of roles and responsibilities across various layers of processing.
- Designed and Implemented different batch jobs with sequential and parallel execution mechanisms using Customized Spring Batch Framework
- Responsible for creating the screens with table-less designs meeting W3C standards.
Environment: Spring Tool Suite, IntelliJ IDEA, Spring Data JPA, Spring Batch, Hibernate, Git, GitHub Enterprise, Source Tree, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Java 1.7, 1.8, JEE, EJB, JAX-WS, XML, XSD, SOAP, REST, JSON, Postman, Swagger, Oracle DB, SQL Developer, Control-M, JBoss Application Server 5.0.1, JBoss Seam Framework 2.2.2
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Working as a UI Developer for the single page application (SPA) developed using Angular JS framework targeting all modern web browsers.
- Creating HTML Markups using responsive web design approach with HTML5, CSS3, JQuery and Ajax.
- Developed REST architecture-based web services to facilitate communication between client and server.
- Worked with SQL Server 2008 and created databases, tables, views queries, sub queries, stored procedures and triggers on the database tables.
- Created Angular controllers, services and used Angular filters for filter functionality in search box and integrator functionalities.
- Developed custom directives to be reused across different modules in the application.
- CSS Media queries are used to develop single responsive application with good user experience in all platforms like desktop, tablets and mobile phones.
- Experience in all phases of SDLC like Requirement Analysis, Implementation and Maintenance and extensive experience with Agile.
- Used Java Beans, Servlets, Action classes, Action Forms as Model, JSP, Struts tag libraries, Custom Tags, JSTL, Tiles as view & Action Servlet as a Controller and jQuery.
- Implemented Design Patterns- Business Delegate, Session Façade, DAO, Value Object, Proxy, Service Locater
- Created several custom tags for JSP for maximum re-usability of user interface components.
- Participated in several design sessions to create common development strategies (e.g. Error handling, exceptions, performance improvement practices, session management etc.)
- Designed and developed several Servlets, JSPs and JAVA classes for presentation layer.
- Successfully integrating front end code with server side.
- Good experience on version control systems CVS, SVN.
- Analyzing cross browser, device specific issues and providing solutions within the timelines.
- Ensured all the deliverables within the timelines with accuracy.
Jr. UI Developer
- Gathered the business requirements to capture the user needs. Created Estimate Plan, LLD and HLD.
- Worked with a team of front end developers to build UI design concepts and prototypes.
- Designed front-end applications, user interactive web pages in a professional manner with using web technologies like HTML, XHTML and CSS. Redesigned and implemented complete website to meet web and industry standards.
- Developed CSS page layouts, styles and table less coding for efficient design.
- Heavily interacted with the end users and stake holders for design validation.
- Evaluated, analyzed, and tested web interface to understand and enhance the overall usability of the designs.
- Tested Web Services using SOAPUI tool as a part of unit-testing.
- Designed object interaction layer for the server-side components using Rational Rose.