- 8 years of versatile experience in analysis design development and implementation of software applications and in developing n - tier architecture-based solutions with distributed components and internet/intranet applications.
- Extensively worked on core java concepts like Multi-Threading, Inheritance, Abstraction, Encapsulation, Polymorphism, Exception handling and Collections Framework.
- Expertise in Financial, Banking, Insurance (Voluntary Benefits) and Energy and Utilities Business domains.
- Excellent Expertise in all phases of Software Life Cycle for Developing, maintaining and supporting the Java, J2EE applications.
- Experience working in both Product-oriented and Service-oriented environments and can adapt well to either.
- Experience in developing delivering Customer and Client facing web applications on priority basis.
- Experienced in developing UML diagrams like use cases, class diagrams and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose and MS Visio tool.
- Experienced in various frameworks like Spring, Struts, Hibernate and JSF.
- Expertise in Spring framework, including Spring IoC/core, Spring DAO support, Spring ORM, Spring AOP, Spring Security, Spring MVC, Spring Cache, and Spring Integration.
- Experience in Message driven programming using JMS and MQ Series.
- Knowledge on JMS and APACHE CAMEL for implementing communication between components in application.
- Implemented MVC design pattern in J2EE Applications using Servlets, Java Beans, JDBC Data Access Objects (DAO) and JSP.
- Excellent understanding & hands experience on Hibernate, Hibernate Query Language (HQL), Transactions and Exceptions.
- Experience using Apache ActiveMQ, Apache CXF as messaging platform.
- Experience in SOAP Web services using Apache CXF, JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, JSON Webservices.
- Expert level skills in Java JSP Tag Libraries, Servlets, JDBC, JNDI, RMI and XML.
- Used Node.js, Angular JS, Bootstrap in creating web applications in a fast-paced environment.
- Worked with Web Services using SOAP (WSDL), tested using SOAP UI tool and REST (WADL) services uses Apache CXF framework to communicate between the systems.
- Strong experience in using Design patterns such as Business Delegate, Data Transfer Object, DAO, Session Façade, Factory Methods, Service Locator and MVC.
- Experience on architectures like Model-View-Controller(MVC), Service-Oriented-Architecture (SOA).
- Experience hosting and consuming Web Services using SOAP and RESTful(Jersey).
- Experience with NoSQL Redis database.
- Experienced in Web/Application servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Glassfish and Apache Tomcat.
- Experience in Test driven development using Junit, mocking frameworks such as Easy Mock and Jmock.
- Hands on experience with version controllers like CVS (Concurrent Version Systems), SVN (Apache Subversion), CLEARCASE and GIT.
- Experience in working with Relational Database (RDBMS) concepts like database designing, Normalization, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers.
- Proficient in Test Driven Development (TDD) using Java JUnit API.
- Experience and Strong knowledge in SQL and PL/SQL in major database systems (Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server).
- Good Knowledge of using IDE Tools like Eclipse, NetBeans, JBuilder, Rational Application Developer(RAD) for Java/J2EE application development.
- Used Apache Log4J for logging purposes.
- Build and deploy the EAR to Glassfish Application Server using ANT.
- Performed automation engineer tasks and implemented the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) for AWS EC2 hosts.
- Design, build and manage the ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) cluster for centralized logging and search functionalities for the Application.
- Setting up continuous integration using Maven and Jenkins.
- Experienced in implementing SOLID principles in N-tier Architecture.
- Closely worked with Release Management Team in doing builds and deploying code into various environments like DEV/QA/SIT/UAT/Prod.
Programming Languages: JDK 1.2,1.3,1.4,1.5,1.6,1.7,1.8 C, C++.
Server Scripting: JSP1.2,2.1, Node Js
Platforms: Windows (7, Vista, XP, 2000, 98, NT), Red Hat Linux
Version Control: Rational Clearcase, Tortoise SVN, CVS, GIT
Databases: SQL Server 2005, 2008, Oracle 9i,10g,11g, MySQL 4.1, 5.0, NoSQL
Database Tools: Toad for SQL Server, Toad for Oracle, Toad for MySQL, and SQL Developer.
ORM Frameworks: Hibernate 3.0.
J2EE MVC Frameworks: Struts 1.2 and Spring 2.x/3.x, Spring Boot
IDEs: Eclipse, JDeveloper.
Web Service Specifications: JAX-WS, JAX-RS(Restful)
Web/ Application servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Glassfish and Apache Tomcat
Design Patterns: Session Façade, Business Delegate, Front Controller, Service Locator, Singleton, Observer, DTO, DAO, MVC, Iterator, Factory, Abstract Factory
UML Tools: MS Visio, Rational Enterprise
HTML Editors: MS Frontpage 2003, Adobe Dreamweaver MX CS4
Build Tools: MAVEN and ANT.
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Test Driven
Loggers: Log4J, SLF4J
Full stack Developer
Confidential, Philadelphia - PA
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Involved in Design, Development and Support phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Used AGILE methodology and participated in SCRUM meetings.
- AWS EC2 instances were configured in developing and QA environments with NodeJS.
- Designed interactive web pages with front-end screens using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Developed Hibernate mapping files using different mapping strategies such as table per class hierarchy and also used Hibernate Persistence Strategy to interact with database.
- Enhanced user experience by designing new web features using MVC Framework like Express JS and Node JS.
- Worked on the modernization of a legacy and outsourced UI technologies used were Angular JS 2, CSS, Node JS, Express JS and AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Used AJAX and JSON to make asynchronous calls to the project server to fetch data on the fly.
- Developed a tool to retrieve and send data to third party service provider this feature was implemented using REST.
- Used Bootstrap and AngularJS, React.js and Node.js in effective web design.
- Created Buckets in AWS and stored files. Enabled Versioning and security for files stored
- Used RESTFUL client to interact with the services by providing the RESTFUL URL mapping
- Built MAVEN scripts for automated deployment and for the build operation of the entire application.
- Deployed the application in WebSphere Application Server 6.0.1 and Configured JMS in the WebSphere application server to send messages on the queue.
- Spring Controllers were used with Angular JS to route the control to desired Java services.
- Implemented scripting with Ajax and XML to dynamically refresh the page contents.
- Developed Controller for request, response paradigm by Spring Controllers using Spring-MVC. Used JSON as response type in REST services.
- Developed core Java programs for all business rules and workflows using spring framework.
- Designed and developed Restful service interface using Spring MVC to the underlying customer event API. Involved in building Restful Web services using JAX-RSAPI.
- Worked on Cloud implementation by installing, building and deploying applications using Cloud Foundry and using AWS.
- Created custom Plugins, templates, and functions for Angular JS application.
- Implemented Hibernate for data persistence and management.
- Analyzed and fixed issues related to REST Web services and Application responses.
- Used Maven as the build tool and Tortoise SVN as the Source version controller.
- Used Subversion (SVN) as the configuration management tool to manage the code repository.
- Performed unit testing using JUnit.
- Followed Agile Scrum methodology and used TDD for writing test cases.
- Involved in developing stored procedures and Triggers on Oracle11g
- Used NPM to manager server-side packages.
Sr. Java Developer
Confidential, Minneapolis - MN
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the application like Requirement gathering, Design, Analysis and Code development.
- Generated Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Developed the applications using Java, J2EE, Struts, JDBC
- Deployed Spring Boot based micro service Docker Container using Amazon EC2 Container Services using AWS Admin Console.
- Worked on various use cases in development using Struts and testing the functionalities.
- Involved in preparing the High Level and Detail level design of the system using J2EE.
- Created struts form beans, action classes, JSPs following Struts framework standards.
- Implemented the database connectivity using JDBC with Oracle 9i database as backend.
- Involved in the development of model, library, struts and form classes (MVC).
- Used display tag libraries for decoration and used display table for reports and grid designs.
- Used PL/SQL stored procedures for applications that needed to execute as part of a scheduling mechanisms.
- Designed and developed Application based on Struts Framework using MVC design pattern.
- Developed Struts Action classes using Struts controller component.
- Developed SOAP based XML web services.
- Used SAX XML API to parse the XML and populate the values for a bean.
- Used Jasper to generate rich content reports.
- Developed XML applications using XSLT transformations.
- Created XML document using STAX XML API to pass the XML structure to Web Services.
- Apache Ant was used for the entire build process.
- Used Rational Clear Case for version control and JUnit for unit testing.
- Designed and developed web interfaces and business logic using Spring, JSP, Servlets, JavaBeans, Spring JDBC, Java Script, HTML, and XML Technologies
- Configured WebSphere Application server and deployed the web components.
- Provided troubleshooting and error handling support in multiple projects.
Sr. Java Developer
Confidential, San Antonio - TX
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Worked on complete life cycle, Design, development and testing using OOA and OOD.
- Used JSP, HTML, and CSS for content layout and presentation.
- Used jQuery for UI and AJAX for reports display
- Created the web application using MVC pattern to manage runtime content, in the form of POIs.
- Used Web Services to extract customer related product data from machines and servers using WSDL, XML, SOAP using Service Oriented Architecture.
- Worked on the design and development of application in Hibernate framework
- Implemented the functionality of fetching of data from different sources and persisted the data through Hibernate, to separate DAO layer from Database layer and using core java classes.
- Worked on Multi-threading and thread pool design pattern.
- Worked on regenerated code, through Hibernate, and created services for existing modules and tested them through JUnit.
- Implemented business logic using Session Beans, Servlets and PL/SQL stored procedures
- Designed developed and maintained the data layer using Hibernate and performed configuration of Struts, Application Framework.
- Participate in technology/tools evaluation and software technical proof of concepts.
- Used JUnit for Unit testing the application.
- Performed production support of the application in production.
- Developed and maintained ANT Scripts.
- Deployed the application on WebLogic and JBoss application servers.
- Managed daily production issues.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implemented the extraction of data to JSP’s and Java Servlets from Oracle utilizing JDBC.
- Used MyEclipse-Blue8.6/IBM RAD for developing J2EE components and code management.
- Extensively used Struts for writing Business Functionality. Involved in resolving the production issues.
- Designed a Customized Status Reporting Tool, based on the specific requirements using J2EE/Struts and WebSphere Application Server with DB2 as Database.
- Implemented various struts plugins like struts-tiles, struts-JSON for UI layer.
- Used Struts framework to implement the MVC architecture for most applications. Developed codes for Action Servlet, Request Processor and Action classes by extending Struts package.
- Involved in Writing Action classes, Action Forms and Action Mapping in Struts Config xml.
- Maven to compile and generate EAR, WAR, and JAR files, Maven is used for Project Management, Bamboo for continuous integration.
- Used jQuery (Core, Selectors, Attributes, Traversing, Manipulation, CSS, Events, Effects, Ajax, Utilities, Internals) and Prototype for front-end validation.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion functions for the project like merging, creating branches and tags using Tortoise SVN/ Visual SVN.
- Design and Implemented asynchronous process using JMS and MQ. Using internal JMS framework to control MQ retry process and MQ failover.
- Designed & developed the new functionality. Written unit Test cases for Junit testing.
- Designed Java components and a Restful web service design using Spring MVC framework.
- Developed end-to-end composite RESTFUL Web Services by using SOA with CXF framework to use with different clients including Web & Mobile.
Environment: Java, JDK 1.5,1.6, Servlets, Hibernate 3.2, JPA 2.0, Spring 2.5, JSF beans, JSF, jQuery, Ajax, Oracle 10g, Eclipse 3.4, Apache Ant, Web Services, Apache Axis 2.0, IBM WebSphere 6.1.
Jr. Java Developer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Involved in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for documentation, designing, development and user acceptance of the system.
- Understanding the various functional requirements for a module and client discussions.
- Documenting the requirements and check pointing the document with clients periodically.
- Team member of Finalization design strategies for various functional requirements.
- Solved defects in the Java J2EE application running on a JBOSS J2EEweb server.
- Re - factored Java code, solved numerous defects, and developed the Government contract feature.
- Developed features and solved defects in the C-language CGI application running on an Apache web server and in the C++ host server.
- Active Participation in coding in Java and reviews.
- Identifying and resolving implementation level dependencies on and by other modules.
- Involved in code reviews and debugging.
- Involved in rewriting the SQL queries to improve the performance.
- Wrote SQL queries and PL/SQL Stored Procedures in Oracle.
- Interfaced with the client team and development team during acceptance testing and dry runs on the production systems.