- Experience in developing Android applications with Fragments, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Content Providers, Loaders, RESTful Web Services, and Notifications.
- Have thorough understanding of Mobile development design patterns (MVC/MVP/MMVM).
- Hands on experience with SQLite, Google Maps, Social Media integration (Facebook/Twitter).
- Experience in building cross platform compatible applications with JQuery Mobile for Android and iOS using Phone Gap.
- Experienced with common Android Framework API’s (Location, Camera, Notifications, Animations, Map, Data Storage, Multimedia and Connectivity) and 3rd party libraries like Butter Knife , Dagger , RX - Java and RX-Android .
- Hands on experience with Android Unit testing and tools like JU nit and Mockito .
- Hands on experience on the validation of various features like Telephony, Messaging, Multimedia, Connectivity, Performance and Power consumption.
- Experienced with Android debugging tools such as Debugger (DDMS), Device Manager (AVD) and Logcat.
- Experience in using bug tracking tools like Mantis, Jira, and Bugzilla.
- Experienced in Agile and Waterfall development environment.
- Have knowledge on Google Glass, Android Watch and iOS App development using XCode (Swift).
Mobile Technologies: Android, iOS, Phone Gap, jQuery Mobile
Programming Language: Core Java
Operating System: Linux (Ubuntu), Mac OS X, Windows (XP, Vista, 7)
Databases: SQLite, MySQL
IDE: Eclipse, Android Studio, XCode
Build tool: Apache Ant, Make
Bug tracking tools: Mantis, Jira, Bugzilla
Flashing/Debugging tools: QXDM, QPST, ADB, DDMS, Logcat
Version Control System: SVN, Git
Configuration/Testing tools: Jenkins, JUnit
Senior Android Developer
- Involving in entire software development process for Android applications development.
- Gathering client requirements and involved in design and developing application UI.
- Design screens using MVP/MV VM pattern and implemented the requirements of GCM Push Notification, Geo location to nearby merchants, Rate Me feature, Fingerprint feature on Marshmallow API 23(Android 6.0).
- Working on Linear layouts, Relative layouts, Frame layouts, Recycle view adaptors and Fragments
- Using Butter Knife library to binding the field and method for Android views .
- Implementing My Cards using a Scroll view with custom Views and when the user clicks in one of the Cards, a detail view is presented using the Navigation Controller.
- Using Animations on the cards when user flip to view the card details.
- Using Gson library to convert Java Objects to JSON and vice-versa .
- Working on Recycler view to displaying merchant list in List View and Integrated Google Maps V2 to display the merchant locations with markers in Map View.
- Working on adding permission to contacts, storage and other features on Marshmallow API 23 (Android 6.0).
- Using RX-Java and RX-Android to accomplish background service tasks and Restful interactions.
- Creating functionality for storing payment details and billing preferences which will useful for user in future use.
- Integrating the QR Code scanning library in to the application for the scanning and as well reader API to reading payment card data.
- Implementing overriding the talk back with content description for ADA (Americans with Disability Act).
- Validating Unit Test cases using JUnit .
- Involving in developer testing by porting the app on multiple devices with various screen resolutions.
- Working with Instruments tools extensively at the end of development cycle to minimize memory leaks, optimize performance and assure overall application stability.
- Working on bug fixing, troubleshooting the production issues and tracking using JIRA & Splunk .
- Using Android Studio for development, debugging and deployment of the applications.
- Using Git for version control of the source code/modules.
- Following Agile and Scrum methodologies in the project implementation.
- Involving in code reviews and meetings during the change request.
- Documenting Release notes and release app to QA team for validation.
Environment: Android 6.0, Android 5.1, Android Studio 1.5, XML, Java, Google-Map, GCM, Subversion, JUnit, Gson, Butter Knife, RX-Java, Git, JIRA and Jenkins.
Senior Mobile Developer
- Gathered client requirements and involved in design and developing hybrid application UI.
- Worked on Detail level UI design documents for android and work on building the required product suites.
- Designed the User Interface with Tabs for multiple views, custom list views and expandable list views.
- Developed the UI using jQuery, jQuery mobile, HTML5, and CSS3.
- Created handset specific UI targeting screens sizes like small, normal, large & extra-large Developed iOS and Android mobile app using Phone Gap framework.
- Used Location APIs for Search.
- Integrated REST web services, JSON in the app.
- Implemented favorite’s options to save the refined search data.
- Worked on local data storage using SQLite.
- Used SVN for version control of the source code/modules.
- Worked on bug fixing and troubleshooting the production issues and tracking using Mantis tool.
- Performed Unit and integration testing.
- Involved in developer testing by porting the app on multiple devices with various screen resolutions.
- Documented app feature upgrades for use in promotional material.
- Created Release notes and Change requests for UAT and production deployments.
- Worked on deploying the application in development, QA and testing environments.
- Wrote technical specifications and maintained all reports pertaining to application development process.
Environment: Phone Gap (Cordova), HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, JSON, iOS, Backbone, Android KitKat, Eclipse, Mantis, SVN, Android SDK.
Senior Mobile Developer
- Worked on the technical documentation for various modules like navigation to Google map, Search, Settings and Gallery in the application.
- Constructed Activities and Fragments.
- Utilized a Navigation Drawer to easily switch between application activities and fragments.
- Participated in developing the UI of the app using Google Map APIs.
- Integrated with Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Social Media for posting the details.
- Designed custom animations for transitions between application activities.
- Integrating REST web services, JSON in the app.
- Designed SQLite database schema for implementing persistent data storage.
- Worked on Eclipse for app development, debugging and testing.
- Supported multiple screen resolutions to provide proper resizing across multiple devices.
- Involved in unit testing for multiple devices with various screen sizes.
- Worked on implementing multi-language support.
- Worked on deploying the application in development and QA environments.
- Followed agile methodology to implement the project.
- Tracked issues reports with the Bugzilla open source platform.
- Worked on debugging the application using Log cat and DDMS.
- Utilized Git version control tool as source control management system.
- Prepared technical specifications and maintained all reports pertaining to application development process
Environment: Android KitKat (4.4), Eclipse, Android Animations, SQLite, Fragments, Activities, Intents, JSON, Bugzilla, Linux, Git.
- Requirements gathering and designing App architecture and documentation.
- Involved in development of backend of the app which used PHP & Mysql database.
- Designed screens using MVC pattern for the application with Eclipse IDE.
- Designed the application from scratch.
- Involved in troubleshooting application related issues by analyzing log files created in Linux/Unix environment.
- Implemented Activities.
- Developed different features for the application.
- Worked on linear, frame and relative layouts.
- Implemented Notification Manager to display updates on the notification bar.
- Implementing Broadcast Receivers for Android.
- Optimized the database for performance.
- Lead the backend & mobile app development team.
- Solved any issues with discussions and keeping regular track of timeline.
- Utilized the SOAP API web services (XML) to push data to the backend server for reporting and analysis in SugarCRM.
- Fixed the crashes/bugs reported by QA.
Environment: Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, Mysql, HTML, CSS, PHP, SugarCRM, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.