- 9+ years of experience in software development with 5+ years in Android.
- 5+ years of dedicated experience in Android Application Analysis, Design, Development, Integration, deployment and Maintenance/Support for Standalone, and Client - Server based Android Applications.
- 5 years of experience in Core Java.
- 6 Apps published in the Google Play Store.
- Experience working with the latest Android version 8.0 (Oreo), Version 7.0 (Nougat), 6.0 (Marshmallow), and 5.0 (Lollipop).
- Developed and architected multiple Android applications across different Android versions.
- Good understanding of scaling Android UI across multiple Android devices.
- Experience in Activities, Fragments, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Content Providers, Web Services, JSON, XML, ADT plug-in, SQLite database, DDMS, GPS, Location, Notifications, Alarms, and Maps.
- Experience in use of popular public APIs, such as Google, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
- Experience in implementing push notification functionality using Google Cloud Messaging (GCM).
- Working knowledge on sensors like Accelerometer, Gyroscope and Magnetometer.
- Extensively used Java Collections APIs & Multi-threading.
- Good Knowledge of Material Design including: Recycler View, Card View, Navigation Drawer, Toolbar, etc.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins.
- Manage weekly sprints as senior developer in agile environment using JIRA.
- Experience with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services.
- Good Experience with third-party libraries including Retrofit, Butter Knife, Volley, PullToRefresh, GSON, OkHttp.
- Worked with various code versioning tools including GitHub.
- Experience in implementing application using design patterns including MVC, MVP, MVVM and Singleton.
- Experience with full life cycle of Android Application Development, which includes testing on device and simulator as well, and writing JUnit test cases.
- Good work exposure in software development with responsibilities as Software developer, Project Leader, Team Leader, Team Member, and Onsite Coordinator.
- Worked at Confidential headquarters, South Korea for 1 year for the development, coordination with Indian teams for different GSM mobiles phone projects.
- Excellent Android application debugging skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, technical and communication skills.
Android framework and tools: Android SDK, Android Studio, DDMS, ADB, Junit, Logcat
Programming languages: C, C++, Java, XML
Operating Systems: Windows 7, 10, Linux, Ubuntu
Source control: Git, SourceTree, Perforce, Jenkins and Android build tools such as Gradle
Design Pattern: MVC, MVP, MVVM and Singleton
Third party Libraries: Retrofit, Butter Knife, Volley, PullToRefresh, GSON, OkHttp
Model: Agile, Waterfall.
Project Tool: JIRA, PLM ( Confidential tool for Project Management)
Development Tools: Wireshark packet analyser, Ramdumper, Lauterbach Debugging Tool - TRACE32.
Protocol Knowledge: Wi-Fi (802.11) GSM and GPRS
Confidential, New York
Application Programmer Expert
- Application development planning, that involves sprint planning and update RTC (Rational Team Concert) with user stories and Tasks.
- Application Design, that involves creation of architecture diagrams, class diagrams, context diagrams and data flow diagrams.
- Application Development, that involves writing code using data binding and MVVM design pattern and following coding standards and best coding practices.
- Development of address prediction using Google places API.
- Practice TDD (Test-driven development) with Junit using Robolectric, for high quality code with low rates of production defects.
- Solving Issues reported by quality assurance team during development
Environment: Android Studio, data binding, MVVM design pattern, Google places API, Agile methodology, TDD, Git, Atlassian SourceTree, RTC, Robolectric, Junit, API Mocker, Android Accessibility
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
Android App & Framework Engineer
- Integration of Confidential Cloud application in Confidential Android phones.
- Fix all issues related to framework raised by Quality Assurance team during application Integration.
- Coordination and co-work with Confidential to fix issues in Confidential Cloud application. responsible for the weekly meeting between Confidential, Confidential and other stack Holders to know project progress and blockers .
Environment: Android Studio, Android OS, Activities, Fragments, Memory Management, Content providers, SQLite, Core Java, Jira, Agile, Scrum, Git.
ConfidentialAndroid App & Framework Engineer
- Implementation of completely new setup wizard for Confidential Android Smartphone.
- Writing JUnit test cases to test Java Classes required for Implementation.
- Fixing issues reported by Quality Assurance Team related to US Cellular setup wizard.
- Implementation of PCO (Protocol Configuration Options) for TracFone Carrier.
- Fixing issues reported by Quality Assurance Team related to TracFone PCO Implementation.
Environment: Android Studio, Eclipse, Activities, Fragments, Core Java, Junit, DDMS, Android Debug Bridge, logcat, Dump state logs.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Senior Android Developer
- Implemented an MVP architecture-based design for Field Locate android application.
- Implemented flexible application layout using fragments.
- Used AsyncTasks hosted in Fragments to handle network call and device rotation.
- Used SQLite database to generate local caching of price book for faster access.
- Wrote code to interact with the RESTful service server.
- Implemented Java POJO classes.
- Created many rich and highly responsive UI components using CSS3, HTML5.
- Responsible for making the application compatible with the latest Android Version 5.0 (Lollipop), Android Version 6.0 (Marshmallow), Android Version 7.0 (Nougat).
- Used adb, logcat, DDMS for Debugging.
- Used Location and Google Maps API.
- Configured a Service to create notifications to remind the user that he is clocked in.
- Implemented push notifications in application.
- Implemented location-based tracking of technician using Android Location API and Maps.
- Refactored Application by using Retrofit Network library.
- Written JUNIT test cases.
- Debugged code to fix defects in the application.
- Used JIRA to manage issues for a better control.
- Prepared root cause analysis report for defects fixed.
- Responsible for updated application submission on Google Play store.
- Involved in application design from scratch.
- Code implementation to implement designed features.
- Testing after implementation.
- Fixing all issues found after testing.
- Release final application to Google play store after fixing all issues.
Environment: Android Studio, Eclipse, Content providers, SQLite, Core Java, Collection framework, Android OS.
- Worked in different phases of the project cycle like design, development and testing.
- Developed the activities and UI layers.
- Used Android SDK and Eclipse IDE for development.
- Developed the app to adapt to different orientations and various resolutions based on the device.
- Integrated the app with cloud-based storage networks, and used Restful web requests to access data from them.
- Test and error logging on different versions and devices of Android.
- Fixed issues found by Quality Assurance team.
- Performed manual testing for the application functionality and written JUNIT test cases.
- Used adb logcat, DDMS for Debugging.
- Architecture the application and workflow using MVC design pattern.
- Actively interacted with Design Teams (UX Teams) on the UI changes in the application.
- Effectively use cloud-based solutions (GCM) for dynamically managing configurations, Event triggers, and Push notifications.
- Used web view to show html pages.
- Used Volley Network library for communication with backend server.
- Used PullToRefresh library to refresh list with updated data on pull.
- Use of multi-threading techniques to load data from server and display them on the UI
- Worked on all phases of Software development life cycle.
- Designed and developed all Activities and Fragments.
- Designed UI components using CSS and HTML.
- Used 2D graphics and animation.
- Integrated JUnit to complete all test cases.
- Tested the application on multiple Android devices and fixed issues found.
- Participated in SCRUM meetings to review project progress.
Environment: Activities, Fragments, CSS, HTML, Software development life cycle, 2D graphics, animation, Junit, Jira, Agile, Scrum.
- Customization of mobile user interface according to customer specification.
- Android OS version upgrade.
- Wi-Fi bring up in android phones after version upgrade.
- Development and bug fixing from UI (User Interface) to middleware.
- Co-work with Wi-Fi driver engineer to fix issues.
- Responsible for Integration of Wi-Fi driver, and resolving all issues reported on UI and middleware.
- Implementation of test mode.
- Implementing the AT Command interface for hardware test. It includes commands for test firmware download, Continuous Rx, Tx, Access SSID etc.
- Debugging and resolving issues in the AT command interface and normal Wi-Fi functionality. Issues are related to out of memory, High sleep current consumption, Firmware download fail etc.
- Set GPIO configuration for BT chip according to the hardware schematic.
- Co-work with third party driver vendors to bring-up BT chip.
- Fixing issues in basic functionality and other issue reported by QA.
- New feature implementation.
- Test case development related to Bluetooth.
- Registered 2 applications on Confidential apps store.
- Added an entire new menu related to Muslim holidays in Islamic calendar application.
- Porting of MEA specific features.
- Fixing bugs reported in each binary release.
- Creation of menu tree.
- Preparation of release notes and binary release.
- Responsible to handle a team of eight engineers.
- Responsible to attend daily status meeting with higher management, and to provide daily project status.
Environment: Core Java, Multithreaded Programming, collection framework, Object Oriented Programming concepts, Android Framework, C, C++, Wlan (802.11) protocol, Bluetooth protocol stack, source code customization.