- Has around 11 years of Technical experience in the Software industry, with strong business acumen and rich technical and functional experience in AWS, DevOps, Agile, VisionPLUS, OT Exstream( Confidential ), Confidential OnDemand(ECM), Core Java, Confidential Mainframes
- Around 6 years of experience as Confidential transformation lead contributing in CI/CD methodologies, Environment, Service, Incident, Change and Release Management, build methodologies for Java, .Net, Mainframe Technologies in critical build, release and deployments
- Expertise in leveraging in Agile / DevOps principles. Providing Technical consultancy in implementing orchestration and automation of build and deployment processes using containerization and application configuration management tools Docker, Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience in Implementing Organization DevOps strategy in various environments of Linux and windows servers along with adopting cloud strategies based on Amazon Web Services
- Designed and implemented Cloud solutions with AWS Virtual private cloud (VPC), Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), S3, Auto scaling, RDS, Cloud watch and other AWS services.
- Designed entire architecture for Mongo cluster setup, sharding, replication, deployments, Backups, Moniting using Mongo Ops Manager
- Currently leading IT transformation program for Utilities Business Unit on Agile and Devops in recommending industry toolsets that will be part of the automation and orchestration solutions wrt tools, processes and people. POD cluster formations, Scrum/Kanban practices, CI/CD setups. Facilitate collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Experience in Software Configuration Management, Build, Release Management using CVS, VSS, TFS, Subversion, ClearCase, RTC, ANT, Maven, CA Harvest, JIRA, Perforce and Clear Quest on Unix, Windows environment.
- Experience on working with Docker Containers infrastructure and Continuous integration for building and deploying Docker containers by integrating with Visual Studio, TFS & Octopus Deploy
- Extensive experience in defining the branching and the merging strategies, creating baselines and releasing the code. Worked with different bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest and Bugzilla
- Experience working several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, creating Docker images, compose, Docker registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Extensive experience in working with Confidential Websphere application server, JBoss server, Apache Tomcat servers
- Deploy Ansible and Jenkins to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3
- Around 2 years of expertise in Hadoop and its components like HDFS, Map Reduce, Apache Pig, Hive, Sqoop, HBase and Oozie which involves customer statement data migration from legacy to Hadoop environment by providing quick reports/dashboards, cluster setup, reviewing specs, decision making in business solutions on Enterprise Customer Communication Management ( Confidential, ECM ) tools
- Professional in requirement gathering, decision making in project design challenges, clear cut estimations, Technical reviews, Quality improvements, Offshore deliveries, Process reviews, Team management, Offshore billing
- Good Team Player, Strong Interpersonal Communication skills combined with Self - Motivation, Initiative and Project Management Attributes.
Cloud/Container: AWS, Azure, Docker
SCM/Build Tools: RTC,GitHub,Git,Maven,MSBuild,Ant,RDZ,RAD,Eclipse,VisualStudio,VSTS,BuildForge
Artefactory/CI/CD: Jenkins,TFS,Bamboo,SonarQube,Nexus,Endevor,Changeman,Octopus DeployjFrog,VSTS,VS Appcenter
Config Management: Puppet, Ansible,Chef
Collaboration Tools: JIRA, Confluence,SmartBear,Sharepoint,Microsoft Teams
Operating Systems: Windows 9X/2000/XP/NT, UNIX, LINUX,Ubuntu,Z/OS,Server 2012/2016
Methodology: SDLC,Agile Scrum, Kanban
Coding Languages: Core JAVA, Cobol, JCL, CICS, AFP, Ezytreive,REXX
Scripting Languages: Bash shell, Batch, PowerShell, Python
Big Data Systems: Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, PIG, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie, Hbase,Zookeeper
Database/Package: VisionPLUS,SQL,DB2,VSAM,MongoDB, Mongo Ops Manager
Middleware Suites: Confidential Websphere Application Server,Weblogic,JBOSS,Apache Tomcat
Confidential, New York City
Senior DevOps Specialist/Engineer
- Provide solutions to complex projects/programs that require multiple areas of expertise.
- Take Part in deploying applications in various environments based on release schedules.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team by providing technical input and direction.
- Implement Confidential processes within organization and help to adopt these processes and methodologies
- Install and support DevOps tools to improve the processes of coding, testing, build, deploy and release activities
- Educate and guide team with agile practices like Scrum and Kanban
- Research and implement necessary tools required to adopt these processes and streamline the entire CI/CD flow of web and SQL areas followed by others
- Implement the source control system, branch management, and release deployment mechanisms applying to Development through Production environments with traceability of all releases.
- Overseeing the build-out of environments and deployment scripts and processes.
- Lead deployment planning meetings and work with project teams to identify and mitigate risks.
- Environment Automation and implementation of toolset necessary for CI/CD
- Involved in Change and Release Management apart from the regular daily project management and release delivery.
- Performance Analysis and recommendations- ensuring services running within SLA and provide needed scalability.
- Hosting functional demonstrations of application/functionality to various teams
- Responsible for code testing and deployment using CI and CD technologies from a configuration, sustainment and improvement perspective.
- Perform load and performance testing utilizing Microsoft MTM and TFS.
- Implement and deploy applications and services in Microsoft Azure as PaaS and SaaS.
- Automate application deployment and integration using scripts (PowerShell, Python).
- Perform Application troubleshooting and bug fixes using Application Insights and Dev Partner Studio.
- Perform senior-level Server Engineering tasks.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of IIS7,8,10, configuring, securing and load balancing Web Farms, implement BI and Reporting solutions on premises and in the Cloud, SQL architecture, design and security
- High Availability designed using Elastic load balancer for Web servers with Scale in and Scale out automatically also Isolated environment by having security groups and NACL across subnets for EC2 instances
- Configured, monitor and automate Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Creating S3 buckets and maintained and utilized the policy management of S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS
- Migrated existing infrastructures over three AWS accounts into VPCs managed by Cloud formation
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins.
- Designed and developed internal product workspace automation for new joiners in one of the applications of front end using Puppet(Windows agents), Maven, RTC, Web Application Server, Apache Tomcat
- Explored and implemented POC on TFS,Octopus Deploy,Docker integration for .Net projects
- Solution proposal was done using Git, Jenkins, Ansible for continuous deployment of application projects.
- Providing suggestion to Onboard new applications into Git and Jenkins, integrations
- Worked closely with Product Management, Development, Business, and Testing Teams to ensure testing is comprehensive. Expertise in implementation of Automation Tests.
- Make sure teams have the understanding of Agile and DevOps tools and practices, mindset.
- Develop POD(Project Organization Design) setup and guide teams to align accordingly
- Successfully completed Inter-company AGILE PROFICIENT certification assessment.
- Ensure team collaboration is in place using confluence, bug tracking and agile project tracking using JIRA
- Actively worked closely with various engineering teams on software projects and in creating and improving engineering processes, infrastructures, and strategies.
- Having good exposure to incident management, change management, release management and problem management for application outsourcing projects
- Proven mentor and trainer, skilled at communicating with all organizational levels and cross-functional teams to develop a shared vision and foster a culture of excellence
- Create, maintain, and document tools and automation for handling system state and operations across a complex global infrastructure
- Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing network infrastructure, systems and software throughout the enterprise
- Explore, Learn and conduct sessions on concepts awareness and trainings on tools
- On boarded new applications into Git and Jenkins, web hooks setup
- Helping Support and Develop teams on agile Scrum and Kanban processes and help them in setting up boards in JIRA and integrating with Confluence
- Collaboratively working with product vendors for enterprise versions and conduct trainings to the team accordingly
- DevOps SPOC for Tooling implementations tracking
- Experience implementing the orchestration and automation of build and deployment processes, continuous integration and application configuration management
- Communicate and interact effectively across technical and operations disciplines
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins.
Senior Software Engineer
- Helped in global bank streamline business processes by developing, installing and configuring Hadoop ecosystem components that moved data from individual servers to HDFS
- Lead technical authority for the design and development of Big Data solutions, taking advantage of technologies, architectures and methods to organize and interrogate huge volumes of unstructured data.
- Involved in projects estimations, resource allocations, Functional & Technical reviews offshore deliveries, strategy development and project planning.
- Analyzing the requirement to setup a cluster, writing business logics to store data using keys & e Apache PIG scripts to process the HDFS data
- Able to assess business rules, collaborate with stakeholders and perform source-to-target data mapping & system design.
- Created Hive queries that helped market analysts spot emerging trends by comparing fresh data with reference tables and historical metrics
- Provided design recommendations and thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders that improved review processes and resolved technical problems.
- Provided quick resolutions in data migration from OnDemand to Hadoop using Sqoop & Connect Direct Tools.
- Good understanding knowledge on Kafka & Storm.
Senior Software Engineer
- Impact Analysis ( Confidential ): Compared the code between 8.0 version and present 8.7 version and listed out the functionalities and categorized by disposition as below and prepared the GAP Documents by functionality wise.
- Create larger font documents for customers with a vision disability to comply with the terms of a settlement with the New York Attorney General's office related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Did excellent work in other Non-release stuffs like ‘Monthly Logic’ and CIS (Checks in Statements) Mailings’ in Dialogue Manager.
- Designing the Functional Specification: Prepared the Functional documents as BR (Business Requirement) wise for all the Fixes and functionalities by providing the Current Process, Solution summery and Design approach.
- Designing Technical Specifications: Prepared the Technical Specification documents for all the functionalities mentioned under BR’s in Functional specification documents by component wise for all the components which are fall under a specific functionality.
- Retrofitting, Coding: For the existing functionalities retrofitted the code and coded new online screens, Maps, transactions and batch programs for new functionalities. And prepared the conversion programs for converting the files after adding the new fields.
- Ensured complete competency in all phases of the projects comprising of Coding, Testing (Unit, System, Integrated, and Regression) in test environments and make sure the code moved to production without any errors.
- Appreciated by project manager for developing a new code in printing language called as AFP, for printing on both sides of the paper which leads to Monetary benefits for the organization by reducing 50% of paper cost.
- Review, analyze, and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop testing strategies for improving or leveraging these systems
- Involved in version upgrades and properly coordinated critical issues with respective vendors for Exstream and on Demand
- Handling production support which includes monitoring online, production batch runs, problem determination, problem resolution and tracking.
- Running test batches and documentation of processes like Root Cause Analysis.
- Coding and application of bug fixes relevant to production/UAT issues raised by client.
- Fix application and documentation of processes ranging from source code management to Root Cause Analysis documents for job failures and disruption of service.
- Setting up region for testing UAT’s and Region refresh
- To ensure that the system is up and running throughout (24 Hours x 7 Days).
- Solving different kind of production as well as functional issues for GECF-Japan.
- Production batch tuning: - Key role in the steps taken towards the improvement of the production batch run, thus ensuring that business SLAs are intact even after the account volume increased.
- Appreciated by Project manager for his commitment and the dedication towards the batch support & running disaster recovery batch.
- Appreciated by the client for reducing the time run of the production batch by batch tuning.