A java software engineer with extensive experience building web applications with Oracle databases.
Development IDEs: Eclipse, Android Studio
Operating Systems: Unix/Linux, Windows, Mac
- Designed a digital rights management (DRM) service and client software for Leapfrogs new Epic android tablet.
- This software allowed the company to keep track of its app licensing thru its own systems separate from Google Store.
- Maintained and enhanced java backend business system for Confidential . The system was developed with Apache Spring modules and deployed to Tomcat servers.
- Maintained and enhanced support apps used to do data entry and reporting. These apps were build using Spring MVC, JSP and Wicket frameworks.
- Implemented a “just in time” aggregation of play data. When parents log into Confidential ’s parent website they can view their children’s playing achievements. The data viewed is created at that moment from primary sources to save storage space.
- Maintained and added to the backend Oracle database new tables, procedures and triggers as needed for new features and bug fixes.
- Designed a registration system for Assays performed by the scientists. Allowed for data aggregation for experiments made under similar conditions.
- Maintained a Biological DataWareHouse as needed, implementing a number of enhancements. The work consisted mainly of parsing data from the source databases into the warehouse. Using Oracle stored procedures written in PL/SQL to transform the data.
- Designed an Assay data loader system that allowed scientists to enter data for new assays. These would then be automatically entered into a data warehouse thru a chronjob thru PL/SQL stored procedure.
Java Middle Tier Developer
- Built Middle Tier Restful web services in Java using Spring, Apache CXF, Tomcat. This project allowed users to view pairs of similar chemical structures side by side and compare their results from different experiments.
Confidential, Richmond, CA
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Built several client Server applications using Powerbuilder and using Oracle as the backend
- Built several utilities in C++ supporting the bioinformatics effort, including an indexing program that allowed users to quickly retrieve data for a particular gene from a flat file repository.
- Wrote a web application using IBMs Websphere server. This j2ee application was used to keep track of the quantity of radioactive materials on - site.