I am an experienced, professional developer who concentrates on enterprise applications and front - end development. I believe my experience has obligated me to both become a leader and lead efforts to explore new technologies. I look forward to challenges and am not afraid to take on projects which will ultimately augment my skill level. I positively contribute to team environments with my honesty, accountability, sense of humor, diverse experience and support for teammates.
Other Languages: Python, FORTRAN, COBOL
Core Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Android
Other Operating Systems: Mac OS
Java Technologies: Java 8, Spring 5 (Boot 2, MVC, Batch, Security), JPA, Hibernate, iBatis/MyBatis, Lombok, GWT, Tomcat, WebSphere, jBoss
Web Technologies: HTML5, Bootstrap 4, CSS3, NPM
Testing Technologies: jUnit, Functional (Selenium w/ Page Object Models, Spring WebTestClient, Spring Boot)
Integration: Embedded Databases, Spring Boot, Mock SOAP), Jasmine, Mocking (EasyMock, Mockito
Core Databases: Oracle, DB2, MySQL
Software Engineering: Jenkins/CI administration, Maven, Agile, RUP, Code Reviews
Other: Wordpress, SOAP, REST, JIRA, Zephyr, Confidential, Eclipse
Confidential, Madison, WI
- I was hired to help finish a web application behind schedule. My contributions led to the application being delivered on-time. This experience led to other important assignments developing greenfield web applications for internal business functions. My primary duties have focused on developing web applications and research and development with new technologies.
- Due to my expertise in Spring, I was placed on a project to develop standards for implementing and converting applications to the framework. I conducted a training course for full-time employees. My voice on the project was strong even when my opinions challenged the status quo. I used my experiences to help guide developers during the transition. My positive attitude has been well-received.
- Recently, I have been converting our applications to Spring Boot, taking advantage of its powerful testing support and readying them for migration to AWS.
- I participated in hiring interviews for both new contractors and full-time employees.
Confidential, Madison, WI
- I served as a principal resource for interviewing candidates for contract and full-time positions.
- I was responsible for the design and management of critical financial applications. These systems were web-based, and built on Spring and Struts 2. These applications required my skills as a requirement gatherer and communicator as I acted as the liaison between IT and end-users. I introduced Spring Security to protect sensitive functionality.
- I successfully dissected and updated complex legacy code to meet federal standards.
Confidential, Middleton, WI
- My accomplishments contributed to decision of Confidential to buyout Confidential .
- As the lone developer at Confidential, I was responsible for selecting and implementing technologies for Web development.
- These technologies included Struts 2, GWT, Maven and Confidential . I gained my first experiences as a front-end developer in an Oracle-driven environment.
- I developed several front-ends to web applications which were responsible for collecting survey data and administration of the systems. Many of these applications interfaced with back-ends developed by Oracle programmers.
- The communication often involved use of RESTful web services and RPC.
- This required good team communication and coordination. I also implemented creative solutions for reporting which included the use of Confidential and JasperReports.