Continue to develop and grow my technical skills, knowledge, and expertise as part of a collaborative technical services team.
TECHNOLOGIES, API’s AND FRAMEWORKS:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and 2005
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 11.5 - 12.5
- Schema design
- Transaction managed stored procedures
- Query tuning, plan analysis and index utilization and optimization
- Core Java Tools & API’s
- Java API for RESTful Web Services (JAX-RS)
- Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB)
- Java API for XML Processing (JAXP)
- Java Servlet
- Java Message Service (JMS)
- Spring Framework iBatis
- JBoss Messaging
- Web Development
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Apache Wicket
- Development Process & Tools
- Bug\Issue\Project Tracking & Documentation
- Development Tools
- Netbeans \ IntelliJ IDEA \ Eclipse
- Source Control
- Subversion & CVS
- Continues Integration
- TCP/IP Suite
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
- Short Message Peer to Peer (SMPP) (sms)
- Selenium (browser-based regression automation with java junit)
- XSL Transformations (XSLT)
- XML Path Language (XPath)
- UML Class Diagram Modeling
- Bash shell
SKILLS AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
ConfidentialSenior Software Engineer
- 75% of my work tasks are as lead software engineer, working with a team, focused on the customer’s feature requests (1-4 week features) and defects. We work within a two-week sprint cycle, supported by daily scrums.
- JMS (Java Message Service)
- REST JSON\XML HTTP API's
- MySQL and SQL Server
- Some web systems written in Durandal JS and Bootstrap
- 25% of work tasks are as the project manager
- Involves keeping the dev and QA teams on schedule, project planning and coordinating with the PMs in Orlando and managing backlog priority and development sprint deliverables.
Senior Software Engineer
- Learning Apache Cassandra and Hadoop
- Working in a collaborative, team oriented, agile environment with a group of senior engineers, developing a 'big data' processing application from a mobile data pipeline, utilizing Apache Cassandra and Hadoop.
- Using MySQL and PostgreSQL as a data store for location based relational data and geospatial mapping of locational data.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed and developed REST APIs for transacting with the Disney email suppression system. This project replaced an old FTP\PGP based system with REST API’s fronted with OAuth. Project involved migrating Disney segments and their 3rd party email vendors from the old system and onboarding on to the API based system.
- Designed and developed monitoring and email notification system, leveraging MongoDB as the document store with a web based front-end for configuring the system using pure HTML\CSS\JQuery\ KnockoutJS and Restful API's into the back-end doc store using Apache CXF\JAX-RS and Jackson for JSON processing.
- Developed half day, Interactive, hands on, teaching seminar on 'Introduction to MongoDB Development'
- Installing, configuring and running MongoDB
- Administrative activities
- Interacting with your database using the shell
- Interacting with your database using Morphia
- Assigned by manager to Disney’s ‘Buddy’ program as an intern mentor.
- Mentored intern in designing and developing an integrated web application support platform from the ground up.
- Held sprint planning meetings and daily scrum sessions during each two week sprint cycle
- Mentored intern on following development practices:
- Maven project implementation, techniques and plug-in usage
- Standard DAO implementation patterns using Generics, Interfaces and IOC injection with Spring Framework
- Designed and developed Apache Wicket based web application leveraging componentized DAO layer
- Embedded into other Disney development teams scrum sessions and monthly release cycles in designing and developing product bugs, enhancements and architectural performance improvements
Senior Software Engineer
- Lead Engineer on high performance messaging system used as the sms messaging platform for Disney products
- ESPN SMS sporting alert product
- Worked with ESPN’s development and project management teams as the lead engineer for monthly bug and enhancement releases
- Developed solutions for bugs, new features and guided architectural direction of platform. Projects included:
- Support for multiple languages within sms alerts
- Scaled messaging system from 100 ms to 900 ms out to aggregator
- Expanded messaging systems support for SMPP protocol for additional features such as return responses, premium (billable) sms and sms aggregator specific extensions
- Responsible for setup of development and QA messaging environments
- Code reviewed other developers java middleware code, web page changes and stored procedures
- Coordinated monthly releases with ESPN development and project management teams
- Acted as lead engineer in monthly meetings with 3rd party SMS aggregator
- Lead software engineer for Disney and ESPN MVNO products
- Setup messaging system and environments for sms features within the MVNO product offering
- Worked with 3rd party vendors in nationwide testing sessions, coordinated and oversaw handset testing for product launch
Java Middleware Developer
- Connector between legacy and new enterprise systems allowing transactional interoperability
- Facilitate third party order transactions
- The core of the XML messaging frameworks was a large and complex W3C XML schema that defined all business transactions such as creating, modifying and retrieving customer data; creating, authorizing and modifying analog photo orders.
- Legacy systems and third party vendors sent HTTP xml based real-time request messages that performed the following tasks:
- Validated XML schema request message
- Interacted with the JAXB objects to extract XML data
- Executed and processed the XML request message for photo order
- Project roles and responsibilities
- Software Developer for transactional messaging framework / Build Manager / Deployment Lead
- Linux deployment environment for QA and production environments
- Lead developer on several medium to large projects addressing the needs of the 50 plus brokerage users including broker-dealer, customer care, marketing, and operations
- Designed and developed several advanced stored procedures and table schema designs
- Worked closely with the DBA in index identification and utilization for performance
- Participated as a developer and lead developer on the following Projects:
- Developed file processing and reporting modules for market orders and 3rd party reporting files.
- Relational data conversion from relational data to XML to HTML report generation
- Maintained and added new FTP and PGP encryption modules
- Redesigned brokerage applications library structure into a more understandable, extensible and object-oriented structure
- Designed and developed new 401K functionality in support of new website features.
- Designed and developed an end-to-end Funds disbursement system allowing for the processing, reconciling, and printing of checks and ACH requests
- Designed and developed new Educational Savings Account (ESA) modules.
- Trained other developers on programming techniques and standards.
- Worked with team of developers on the maintenance and development of new product features
- Developed an application wide dynamic search/sort tool that improved customer interaction with the application
- Lead developer on migration of SmartQuote from PowerBuilder version 5.x to 7.x.
- Developed and presented an executive/technical presentation on the cost benefit of choosing an Application Server (Sybase EAServer) as the new product path for developing a web based SmartQuote system.
Computer Programmer, Consultant
- Worked as part of a product team in developing transactional-based applications both on and offsite using PowerBuilder.
- Computer Programmer, Product Development
- Designed/Developed product solutions for bugs, customer enhancement requests and general product maintenance of product line of developer tools in PowerBuilder: PowerLock, PowerObjects and PowerClass
- Integrated and supported new graphical controls into security administration tool
- Product Support Technician
- Logged, reported and documented customer issues and concerns.