- Over 8 years of experience as Software Developer with 5 years extensive experience of native Android application design, development, and maintenance as Senior Android Developer.
- Worked on architecture and development of Android applications across various versions of Android from Android 1.5 to Android 6.0 with through knowledge in individual components like Activity life cycle, and patterns of design and development.
- Proficient in Object Oriented Architecture and programming, data modeling, complexity analysis and debugging.
- Hands on experience in creating custom adapters and custom UI for list views , list activities , spinners and various other Android widgets.
- Talented in creating UI’s that dynamically optimize to different screen sizes and updated data.
- Enhanced the architecture of applications that follows Google best practices of design, battery consumption, memory management, and user experience optimization.
- Proficient in common Android frameworks API’s (Location, Camera, Notification, Maps).
- Experience in Multi - media based applications to play local audio, video files and streaming media files from remote media servers.
- Experience in Cloud Interface, Bluetooth, sensors, OpenMax, REST web services and security models using C++.
- Worked on third party libraries including Google Cloud Messaging API, Google Maps, Retrofit, Dagger, Eventbus, Butterknife, Volley, Glide, and Picasso.
- Implemented RESTful data consumption using Retrofit with an OkHttp client, GSON, Jackson converters and a custom interceptor.
- Good understanding of MySQL, SQL lite and concepts in RDBMS with experience in maintaining server side software scalability, performance and reliability.
- Knowledgeable of latest analytics tools for mobile applications such as Google Analytics, Localystics, Flurry, Mixpanel, Crashlytics and New Relic.
- Utilized SourceTree, BitBucket and GitHub for version repository maintenance.
- Experience in Agile, TDD, Waterfall and Scrum software development process.
- Coordinated with project management team, delivery teams, different background professionals like graphic designers, system analysts and technical document writers.
- Able to take Initiative, work independently and also as a Team Player.
- Strong skills in time management, prioritizing the tasks and meeting the dead line.
Android Skills & Libraries: Android Studio, Android SDK, DDMS, Logcat debugging, ADB Logcat, SQLite, Android Emulator, Google APIs, Google Analytics, GSON, Google Maps Location Services, Open Sources Web APIs, Retrofit, Volley, Butter Knife, Picasso, Material Design.
Programming Languages: Java/J2EE, Python, C, C++.
Databases: SQLite, MySQL, Oracle.
Tools: & IDE s: Photo Shop, Intellij IDEA, NetBeans, Visual Studio, Eclipse.
Operating Systems: Macintosh, Windows, Linux.
Confidential, Duluth, GA
Sr. Android Developer
- Involved in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for proper analysis, development, testing, deployment and enhancement of the code.
- Developed App screens and its workflow using Activity and Fragments , which has views such as List View and Scroll View .
- Extensively utilized AsyncTask, Thread, Handler, and Services to provide smooth UI experience.
- Implemented for flow control between different activities using explicit and implicit intents .
- Enhanced the scheduler module providing the associates work schedules and notifications.
- Used Services , and Alert Notification API to implement event reminder feature into the mobile app.
- Experience working on Cloud interface, Bluetooth, sensors, and REST web services .
- Handling JSON data using efficient parsing techniques such as GSON.
- Constructing Http requests, fetching server response and parsing feeds wherever required.
- Used Git for code repository and maintaining current and historical versions of the source code.
- Integrated Google Cloud Messaging for sending notifications to registered users about new exciting offers, deals and discounts coupons.
- Used dependency injections like ButterKnife for coupling of views.
- Involved in development and enhancements of features to secure the usage based on Authorization and Authentication tokens.
- Used Retrofit to make a parent Callback Interface to automatically handle the error function, and caching to API.
- Implemented Notification Manager to display updates on the notification bar.
- Used web views, list views & populated lists to display the lists from database using simple adapters .
- Used SQLite to save user details, purchases and their payments.
- Utilized SQLite scripts for data retrieving, querying, storage and manipulation by creating statements, views, stored procedures for inserting/updating/deleting the data into the relational tables.
- Responsible for refactoring existing code and redesigning structures to improve performance of the entire app.
- Used Agile methodology to design, develop and deploy the new changes.
- Testing the deliverables and ensuring quality, owns and manages the test management automation.
- Researched technical issues and provided recommendations.
Environment: Android SDK, Android Framework APIs, Android NDK DDMS, JNI, SQLite, Eclipse.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Knowledge and exposure to full Software Development Life Cycle including Design, Data modeling, Software Implementation, and Documentation.
- Developed the User Interface layers and the web modules for the activities including Home Screen, Sign In, Profile, Settings, and Questions.
- A key resource for layout and UI work utilizing XML, drawable, adaptor views, activities, fragments, custom views and Linear, Relative and Table Layout.
- Creating Intents (explicit, implicit), Multi-threading and implemented Date picker, Time picker and surface view.
- Involved in Development, Integration and Testing of application modules.
- Utilized web-services ( HTTP based, XML, SOAP, JSON or other services), in order to tie our applications to critical server-side APIs.
- Implemented the payment gateway operation in the application for leads exchange and purchase transaction using Spring-Java Plug-in.
- Use Git repository for version control and Agile Development process.
- Implemented log-in authentication in oauth2 using Spring Security integration.
- Refactors the code base to optimize start-up time and memory usage.
- Implemented back-end integration to MySQL database server using Spring JPA plugin.
- Used MySQL to save user details, their plans and their calendars for event schedule
- Involved in peer to peer code reviews and cross checked whether coding standards are being followed.
- Performed Espresso tests that runs optimally fast by helping us to leave our waits, syncs, sleeps, and polls behind while it manipulates and asserts on the application UI.
- Performed Unit testing on the various modules/functions to ensure that the output is as expected.
- Provided expertise on mobile current standards and cutting-edge technologies and frameworks by working closely with Research team.
Environment: Android SDK, Java, Spring, Hibernate, Singleton, MVC, MySQL, Apache Tomcat, JSON, Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, Jenkins, Scrum/Agile, Core Graphics, Animation, Swipe Gestures, Eclipse.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Designed and developed Car Rental application for Android mobile devices with extensive user interface development.
- Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and edit boxes.
- Developed very interactive user interface using widgets like menus, Dialogs, boxes, buttons, lists, views and fragments .
- Used REST based web services and JSON parsers for secured website data exchange.
- Utilized web-services ( HTTP based, XML, SOAP, JSON or other services), in order to tie our applications to critical server-side APIs .
- Collaborated with web services team to implement the backend support.
- Implemented finding local Avis locations by using Google Maps API .
- Involved in Developing the Trips Module for users by using multiple Activities, Services, and Content Providers.
- Created a module based on an Event-driven library (Event Bus) to communicate multiple components in the app efficiently.
- Worked in an Agile/SCRUM environment to design and deploy new changes for the application.
- Tested the application on a variety of Android target devices and debugged the issues that were found.
- Used a Jenkins instance for continuous integration to ensure quality methods.
- Integrated push notifications using Google Cloud messaging.
- Utilized SQLite database to store user's preferences and previous car rental history.
Environment: Android SDK, JSON, GCM, Google Maps API, Restful API, SQLite .
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Mobile Application Developer
- Worked in different phases of development cycle. Expanding the existing design, development of new features, testing and deployment.
- Implemented DOM API, Dojo and Ajax to create a dynamic and interactive experience.
- Implemented HTTP client to consume RESTful web services for implementing an Android service to synchronize the latest shipments and announcements.
- Integrated the Google Map using Google location based API.
- Writing application logic and business logic for the application.
- Implemented SQLite databases to monitor shipments and details of users of requested shipments and stored in tables for easily updating and analyzing the information about shipments.
- Used Git for code management.
- Implemented SQLite databases and shared preferences for data management.
- Responsible for validating and fixing bugs.
Environment: Android SDK, Java, Eclipse and ADT Plug-in, JSON, SQLite.
- Involved in designing the application. Prepared UML Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams, and Activity Diagrams to in corporate in the technical design document.
- Writing PL/SQL Queries to get schedule of policy payment and defaults.
- Used Java script and jQuery to handle client-side validations.
- Writing JUnit Test cases for Unit testing in Pension Manager Module.
- Developed the application using industry standard design patterns like, Service Locator, Singleton, Business Delegate, MVC , and Factory Pattern for re-usability.
- JDBC-ODBC bridge driver was used to connect to the database.
- Implemented Web services components SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI to interact with external systems.
- Used Hibernate, a technique of mapping data representation from business logic to database with SQL based schema.
- Secured the REST services using Spring Security and OAUTH framework and created documented REST services using Swagger .