- About 10+ years of experience in Design, Development, Integration, Testing and Support of web - based applications using Java / J2EE technologies.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) includes User Interaction, Development, Implementation, Integration, Deployments, Production support and Enhancements of Web Applications.
- Exposure to Finance and Retail domains.
- Good expertise in implementation of various design patterns such as MVC, Front Controller, Singleton, DAO, Business Delegate and Session Façade.
- Expertise in implementing applications using Struts, Struts Validations, Taglibs, Spring and Hibernate frameworks.
- Expertise in deploying and administering Web Server like Apache Tomcat and Application servers like IBM WebSphere , JBoss and GlassFish .
- Extensively worked with various IDE tools like NetBeans , Eclipse and RAD.
- Expertise in implementing SOAP and REST web services.
- Expertise in writing T-SQL script using joins, creation of Tables, Triggers, Views, Functions and Store Procedure in MS SQL, Oracle, DB2 and MySql.
- Responsible for setting up Master slave Replication in M S SQL.
- Experience d in Design and Development of reports using Jasper Reports, SSIS and SSRS.
- Experience in creating various Dimensional and Fact tables and creating jobs to push data into those tables respectively.
- Experience in Unit tests using JUnit framework by following Test Driven Development (TDD) methodology.
- Experience in version control management tools like VSS, Bitbucket and log4J for logging.
- Experience in working with operating systems like Windows and Linux.
- Ability to deliver quality work under pressure and attitude to meet client deadlines.
- Proactive in problem understanding, Analysis and define methodical approach to solution.
J2EE Technologies: JSP, Servlets, EJB, JDBC, JNDI, RMI, JMS, WebServices(SOAP and REST), LDAP
J2EE Frameworks: Struts, Spring and Hibernate
Languages: Java, SQL
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/7, UNIX/LINUX
Web/Application Servers: IBM WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBoss and GlassFish
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Tools and IDEs: Eclipse, NetBeans, MyEclipse, vi, EditPlus, TextPad, WSAD, RAD
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MySQL, SQL Server and DB2.
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML,CSS, Java Script, AJAX, Angular JS
Object-Oriented Technologies: OOAD, UML
Log/Test: Apache Log4j, JUnit
Version Control: CVS, SVN, BitBucket
Other Tools: Toad, JIRA, Jenkins
Senior Java Developer
Confidential - Spring, Texas
- Actively participated in the complete software development life cycle starting from design phase to implementation phase.
- Worked with the Business Analyst to gather requirements from the client and transform them into technical aspects.
- Designed the application to use Spring MVC Framework in the presentation layer.
- Developed custom tags in addition to using JSTL and Spring form tags.
- Extensively used JQuery Datatable, Validator, Tabs plugins in the pages and improved the performance of the application.
- Unit tested every piece of functionality developed using JUnit and JMockit.
- Involved in developing code for obtaining bean references in Spring framework using Dependency Injection (DI) or Inversion of Control (IOC).
- Extensively used Dependency Injection, AOP, Spring JDBC modules of Spring Framework in the application.
- Produced REST Web Services and API using Spring MVC, Annotations, JSON, Jackson library.
- Consumed REST API on UI/Front End using JQuery, AJAX, JSON, Java Script.
- Developed data access layer in java involving complex SQL and stored procedures.
- Created star scheme centralized database to push the data from different source.
- Used Maven to build, package, install the application.
- Used Log4J extensively for logging purposes into the application.
- Involved in agile activities, attending scrum meetings, documenting the functional specifications.
- Providing instant solutions for business queries for enhancements.
- 24 X 7 On-call support after the application is released to production.
- Involved in fine tuning of sql queries using Microsoft tune advisor.
- Hands on experience dealing with production fixes that involves debugging them by looking at the production application and server logs, fixing, creating defect scenarios in test tiers and testing and releasing it to production.
- Used JIRA for defect management.
Senior Java Developer
- Involved in Requirements gathering & analysis.
- Involved in Design, Development, Testing and Integration of the application.
- Designing JSP using Java Beans.
- Used HTML, Java script and AJAX for implementing dynamic media play outs.
- Implementing business logic and data base connectivity.
- Implemented Struts (Action and Controller classes) for dispatching request to appropriate class.
- Used simple Struts Validation for validation of user input as per the business logic and initial data loading.
- Co-ordinate Application testing with the help of testing team.
- Writing database queries and Involved in the JDBC queries as part of implementation
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities and take on projects with limited specifications.
- Maintained a separate DAO layer for CRUD operations.
Environment: Java,J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Struts frame work, Hibernate, Java Script, CSS, AJAX, JDBC, JNDI, Oracle 10g, Java beans,XML, Struts Validation framework, Windows/UNIX, SVN, Edit Plus, Web Logic application server, Jenkins, Toad for SQL.
Senior Java Developer
- Used Jakarta Struts Framework, based on the Model View Controller 2 architecture, for rapid application development and ease of maintenance.
- Implemented several design patterns such as Business Delegate, MVC, Singleton and Factory to resolve the most common design issues.
- Implemented jQuery Data tables to carry out complex functionality while submitting the action.
- Implemented Internationalization to change the language of the screen according to respective region.
- Wrote complex SQL query and developed functions and stored procedure.
- Developed backend sql jobs to send email using Microsoft SQL server 2008.
- Used Eclipse for writing JSPs, Struts, and other java code snippets.
- Developed Report functionalities in excel using Jakarta Poi.
- Deployed the application using Apache Tomcat web server.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Struts, Apache Tomcat, Hibernate, Servlet, JDBC,XML, MS Sql, HTML, Eclipse, JUnit, Ms-Excel.
- Developed the project using Struts MVC architecture.
- Developed Controller Servlet, Action and ActionFrom objects for process of interacting with MySQL database using Struts.
- Wrote stored procedures and functions, created tables using MySql.
- Developed Data Access Layer to interact with backend by implementing Hibernate Framework.
- Integrated various modules and deployed them in Apache Tomcat Server.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Struts, Servlets, JDBC, Junit, HTML, Java Script, MySql, Apache Tomcat, Eclipse, Visual Source Safe, Linux, Agile, Hibernate.
- Involved in Requirement gathering, Analysis, Coding and Support.
- Developed Payment Entry, Debtor and Report Modules using Struts MVC architecture.
- Designed and developed various reports using T-SQL and SQL Server BI Development Studio.
- Involved in bug fixing and System level testing of Payment and Debtor Module.
- Environment setup (FE & BE) of AISYS system at Singapore branch office.
- Provided support to AISYS system for Singapore and Philippines branch offices.
- Gathered, Customized, Developed and Implemented AISYS Change requests for Singapore and Philippines branches.
- Gathered, Customized, Developed and Implemented Change requests using coding standards.
- Extensively worked on creating tables, functions and stored procedures.
- Experience in T-SQL query tuning using database tuning advisory tool provided by SQL Server management Studio.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst and Users on daily basis.
Environment: Struts 1.2, Hibernate, Ajax, jQuery, MSSQL -2008, Tomcat 7, MSBI, NetBeans, Jenkins, Ms Office.
- Responsible for design and development of reports using Jasper Reports.
- Implemented validation framework for creation of validation.xml and used validation-rules.xml
- Used Eclipse as IDE tool to develop the application.
- Developed web application using Struts Framework.
- Involved in preparing documentation and manual.
- Worked on bug fixing and enhancements on change request.