- Around 8 years of experience as a full stack developer in software development, maintenance and support of various applications using JAVA/J2EE technologies across various verticals.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) , this includes Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Maintenance of Java UI applications for large Enterprise Customers.
- Proficient with Software development methodologies like Agile (Scrum) Methodologies and Waterfall .
- Developed web - based enterprise applications using core Java, J2EE, Servlets, JSP, JMS, JDBC, Hibernate, Web Services (SOAP and REST), MVC framework (Struts, Spring MVC, Spring Boot), SQL and Object-Oriented Programming techniques.
- Expertise with Object Oriented Design (OOD), Object Oriented Analysis (OOA), Object Oriented Modeling (OOM) based on Unified Modeling Language (UML) architecture.
- Proficient in implementation of frameworks like Struts, Spring (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Web Flow, Spring IOC, Spring AOP, Spring Security, Spring Cloud, Spring Data, Spring Batch, Spring TX).
- Experience in developing Web/Enterprise based Applications by using various IDEs like Eclipse , IntelliJ, STS (Spring Tool Suite) and Net Beans .
- Experienced in writing Lambda Expressions, Enums using Java 8.
- Designed and developed Microservices business components using Java/J2EE, Spring Boot and Implemented REST web services based on RESTful APIs and performed API functional testing in POSTMAN .
- Experience in XML related technologies like XSL, XSD, XPATH, DTD, and XML Schemas, XML Parsers like DOM & SAX.
- Good Experience in developing Web Services, Restful API using Jersey Framework, and SOAP by Spring-WS.
- Experienced in AWS Dynamo DB to capture any modification on DB.
- Developed DAOs (Data Access Object) using Hibernate as ORM to interact with DBMS - like MySQL, PostgreSQL , SQL server 2012, PL-SQL Oracle10g and NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB and Cassandra .
- Extensive experience in working with different databases such as Oracle , Mongo DB, IBM DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, PLSQL and writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Joins and Triggers for different Data Models.
- Have an experience with multi-threading using frame works like Executor and has an experience using Concurrency programming
- Maintained Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, ELB, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS Console and API Integration.
- Implemented Design and Development of Applications with elevated design patterns and J2EE design patterns (Singleton, Abstract, Factories, Prototype, Facade)
- Experienced in configuring and deploying applications on application servers such as Web logic, IBM Web Sphere, JBoss and web servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Experience in using JMS, Kafka which acts as a messaging broker for communication purpose.
- Used REST Client, SWAGGER and POSTMAN to test the rest-based services.
- Expertise in developing test cases with Mockito and Junit , determining application functionality.
- Hands on experience in building tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle .
- Extensively worked on Pivotal Tracker , Rally and JIRA tools for tracking the stories.
- Extensive experience in implementation of the version control software SVN, CVS, Git .
- Actively involved in the DevOps streamlining process through Jenkins CI and CD Release Automation.
- Experience in load testing with JMeter and worked on Sonar reports.
- Configured and created application log files using Log4J, SLF4J to trace required application messages.
Java/ J2EE: Collections, Generics, Multithreading, Serialization, Exception Handling, File I/O, JSP, Servlet, EJB-Session Beans, Entity Beans, JDBC.
Frameworks: Struts, Spring, JSF, MVC, Hibernate, jQuery, NodeJS, AngularJS, Angular 2/4, ReactJS, and Bootstrap.
Apache Tomcat, J: Boss, WebSphere, Web Logic.
WSDL, SOAP, RESTFUL, JAXWS, JAX: RS, JERSEY, Microservices
Eclipse 2.1: 3.5, Net Beans 6.x, IntelliJ, and Spring Tool Suite.
Design Skills: UML (Rational Rose, Visio), Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD), Java Enterprise Design Patterns
Database and Tools: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, MS SQL 2000/2005/7/2012 , MySQL, DB2, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux
Source Control: GIT, SVN, CVS.
Deployment and Testing: Maven, Ant, Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Jenkins, Docker
Messaging: JMS, Active MQ, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka.
Other Tools: JIRA, Rally, Log4j, SLF4J, AWS.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
Full Stack Java Developer
- Involved in Design, Development and Support phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Used AGILE methodology and participated in SCRUM meetings.
- Migrating some of the applications from Angular2 to Angular4 and componentize the code as per the Angular recommendations for better testability.
- Designed and Implemented SPA (single page application) using Angular 4 directives, expressions, routing capabilities for bookmarking, pipes and validations.
- Developed Components, Directives, and Services using Angular 4 .
- Created Type Script reusable components and services to consume REST API's using Component based architecture provided by Angular 4.
- Worked on capturing the user events and rendering the appropriate action and dynamically rendering the UI based on user actions using ReactJS in combination by connecting with redux for managing application state .
- Used RxJS library for programming and to make it easier to compose asynchronous or callback functions.
- To communicate in a unidirectional flow used Ngrx which is an Angular library.
- Created TypeScript reusable components and services to consume REST API's using Component based architecture provided by Angular .
- Executed various J2EE design patterns like Proxy, Facade Patterns to handle the business flow and also used Object-oriented analysis and Design ( OOAD ) technology for the application.
- Experienced In setting up of AWS RDS and Dynamo DB instances.
- Used Spring Security for implementing authentication and authorization and access control features.
- Developed Application on spring framework applications like Spring Core, Spring AOP , Spring MVC, Spring Batch, Spring Security and Spring Boot and did integration to Micro services into existing system architecture.
- Implemented Micro services , Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using spring boot with XML based Web Services (SOAP/UDDI/WSDL) using Top Down and Bottom Up approach.
- Used Spring Boot Actuator to externalize application's configuration properties for different environments.
- Implemented mapping (Object-relation) in the persistence layer using Hibernate framework with Spring functionality.
- Used RESTFUL client to interact with the services by providing the RESTFUL URL mapping.
- Developed REST services using NodeJS to serve the web application with JSON data.
- Spring annotations (Controller) mechanism to create RESTFUL applications.
- Used Spring ORM/JDBC layers for integrating Hibernate/JPA and for regular JDBC calls.
- Implemented message notification service using Java Messaging API ( JMS ).
- Used DOM Parser to parse the XML response from web services.
- Utilized Camel to integrate microservices with other microservices and Rabbit MQ as a Message Oriented Middleware for integrating applications.
- Integrating General Liability and Umbrella Liability applications through Rabbit MQ message broker using JMS .
- Worked on Creating Kafka Adaptors for decoupling the application dependency.
- Configured development environment using Web sphere application server for developer’s integration testing.
- Developed the application by using Eclipse IDE and added Drools for core development in business because of its workspace and plugins with the help of IBM WebSphere Application Server .
- Used MongoDB, Cassandra in conjunction with the AWS S3 for storing the metadata information on MongoDB collections .
- Used Jenkins and ANT Scripts for automating the process of building, deploying the system and used Gradle as automation tool for the tasks in the Windows OS.
- Used Git as source control management giving a huge speed advantage on centralized systems that must communicate with a server.
- Containerizing the integration process by GitLab CI within docker . Used Docker containers to quickly deploy Linux based applications.
- Experienced in Gitlab CI and Jenkins for CI and for End-to-End automation for all build and CD .
- Used test-driven development (TDD) for testing the services using Cucumber for acceptance testing and JUnit for unit testing.
- Developed unit and integration tests for existing microservices using JUnit .
- Involved in Unit Testing and Bug-Fixing and achieved the maximum code coverage using JUNIT test cases.
- Used Log4j to capture the log that includes runtime exception and for logging info and are helpful in debugging the issues.
- Participated in the SCRUM process, addressing technical approaches, estimations on stories and delivering release candidate quality code each iteration.
- Responsible for maintaining the code quality, coding and implementation standards by code reviews.
- Documented the flow and functionality of the code for further reference.
Environment: Java 8, AngularJS, Angular4, React JS, Redux, CSS3, HTML5, Hibernate, MongoDB, Cassandra JSP, Spring Core, Node JS, J-Query, Type Script, Servlets, Spring Security, Spring Cloud, JUnit, Cucumber, Git, Web Services, Micro services, Oracle, PL/SQL, TDD, Spring Boot, REST, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Camel, Gradle, Log4j, AWS S3, RDS, EC2, EBS, DynamoDB, Jenkins, WebSphere, JMS, Maven, Agile Scrum.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Full Stack Java Developer
- Responsible for all stages of design, development, and deployment of applications.
- Involved in analysis, specification, design, and implementation and testing phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and used agile methodology (SCRUM) for developing application.
- Worked on Thread handling to maintain continuity of execution and extensively implemented Multithreading concept to handle Transaction Management with isolation and propagation levels.
- Closely worked with Application using React JS and Node JS libraries NPM, gulp directories to generate desired view and Redux to root the URL's properly.
- Implemented the Project structure based on Spring MVC pattern using spring boot .
- Used dependency injection/Inversion of control (IOC) feature provided by spring framework for bean wiring and Hibernate Framework persistence onto oracle database.
- Used Hibernate mappings , relationships between tables and entity classes to access and update information in the database.
- Used Spring framework's JMS support for writing to JMS Queue, Hibernate Dao Support for interfacing with the database and integrated spring with JSF
- Used Spring Boot for building Micro services and developed spring-based application radically faster with very less configuration.
- Deployed Spring Boot based Micro services using Amazon EC2 container services using AWS admin console.
- Worked on MongoDB database concepts such as locking, transactions, indexes, replication, schema design, etc.
- Worked with modules like express using NodeJS for data persistence using MongoDB .
- Developed RESTful web services using JAX-RS and Jersey as the implementation for fetching the data from Oracle Database.
- Secured REST API's by implementing OAuth 2.0 token-based authentication/authorization scheme using Spring security.
- Configured the xml files for Spring Security injection to ensure the back-end security by discriminating the role of users as well as access authority for the URIs and Server-side assets.
- Installed and configured Jboss Application servers.
- Used REST Client and POSTMAN to test the rest-based services.
- Used GitHub for code repository and version control.
- Used JIRA issue tracker to file the bugs.
- Built Maven scripts for automated deployment and for the build operation of the entire application.
- Designed and coded application components utilizing a test-driven development approach (TDD).
- Performed Unit Testing using JUnit, Mockito frameworks for all the migrated modules to ensure complete code coverage.
- Implemented SLF4J framework for logging info and are helpful in debugging the issues.
- Created AWS EC2 instances and installed required configurations and applications on it and created S3 buckets for storing object level data into it.
- Used AWS SDK for connection to Amazon S3 buckets as it is used as the object storage service to store and retrieve the media files related to the application and Amazon Cloud Watch is used to monitor the application and to store the logging information.
Senior Java Developer
- Responsible for all stages of design, development, and deployment of applications.
- Analyzed and reviewed client requirements and design.
- Followed agile methodology for development process.
- Developed presentation layer using HTML5 , and CSS3, Ajax .
- Used jQuery core library functions for the logical implementation part at client side for all the applications.
- Built responsive site using Bootstrap that fits devices of different visual sizes.
- Developed the application using Struts Framework that uses Model View Controller (MVC) architecture with JSP as the view.
- Extensively used Spring IOC for Dependency Injection and worked on Custom MVC Frameworks loosely based on Struts .
- Used RESTful Web services for transferring data between applications.
- Configured spring with ORM framework Hibernate for handling DAO classes and to bind objects to the relational model.
- Adopted J2EE design patterns like Singleton, Service Locator and Business Facade.
- Developed POJO classes and used annotations to map with database tables.
- Used Struts Framework in the application, which is based on MVC design pattern. Developed Action classes and Form beans and configured the struts-config.xml.
- Used the Struts Validator Framework to validate the form data.
- Developed dynamic responsive Web Application by integrating Angular JS with Bootstrap which is further integrated with Web Services .
- Worked with Apache Tomcat Web Server.
- Wrote SQL queries of differing complexities for the application. Designed and developed database objects like Tables, Views, Stored procedures, User Functions using PL/SQL, SQL Developer.
- Used SVN version control to track and maintain different versions of the application.
- Wrote test cases which adhere to a Test Driven Development ( TDD ) pattern.
- Used JUnit , a test framework which uses annotations to identify methods that specify a test.
- Used Log 4J to log messages depending on the messages type and level.
- Built the application using Maven and deployed using WebSphere Application server.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Struts, J-query, HTML, CSS, Ajax, Java script, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Tomcat, Oracle, Pl/SQL, JDBC, Apache, REST, Eclipse, WebSphere, Junit, Agile Scrum, JSP, JSTL, Maven, SOA, Log4j, SVN .
- Involved in SDLC - Requirements gathering, Conceptual Design, Analysis, Detail Design, Development, System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Used Agile approach for the Software Development
- Developed user interface with Servlets and JSP .
- Involved in implementing the DAO pattern for database connectivity and used the JDBC API extensively.
- Used Bootstrap to create desktop and mobile responsive websites.
- Responsible for creating Servlets, which route submittals to appropriate Enterprise Java Bean (EJB) components and render retrieved information.
- Implemented Use Case Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams during the design phase using Rational Rose .
- Deployed and tested the prototype on Apache Tomcat and contributed to deployment and maintenance on Apache Tomcat Server.
- Used JDBC to interact with Oracle database .
- Written complex SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Used XML, WSDL, UDDI, SOAP, SAX parser and Web Services for communicating data between different applications.
- Used ANT scripts to build the application and deployed on WebSphere Application Server.
- Followed TDD Test Driven Development and developed test cases by using JUnit for unit testing for each module developed.
Jr. Java Developer
- Responsible for design and development of Web Application using Struts Framework
- Wrote server-side programs by using Servlets and JSP .
- Utilized Servlets to handle various requests from the client browser and send responses.
- Implemented front-end controller for controller mapping based on annotations.
- Developed the entire application using singleton and prototype scope.
- Used MySQL as the backend database and integrated with Hibernate to retrieve Data Access Objects.
- Configured mapping.xml and hibernate configurations to connect to the required database
- Created and implemented simple SQL queries, PL/SQL stored procedures and triggers.
- Used Apache Tomcat Server to run the application on the server.
- Created test plans and JUnit test cases and test suite for all the methods in the Session beans.
- Used CVS as the version control system.
- Documented the user manual for future reference.