- Around 7 years of IT professional experience in Object - Oriented Analysis and Design, Development, Testing and Maintenance of Standalone, Web and Enterprise applications using Java/J2EE and web technologies.
- Experienced with various Software Development Methodologies like SDLC, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, UML, Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in development and deployment of web components that include Servlets, JSP and business layer components that include Web Services, JDBC, JNDI, JMS, Serialization, Collections API, Multithreading,data structures, JVM semantics, Garbage Collection/performance tuning.
- Excellent Java development skills using Core Java, OOP’s,Concurrency, Algorithms, Design Patterns, Servlets, JSP, Tag Libraries, Java Script, jQuery, HTML, XML, JDBC, Hibernate ORM, Struts, Spring framework.
- Experience in developing web applications with various open source frameworks: Spring Framework, Spring (MVC), Spring (IOC, AOP), Struts Framework, Struts Validation and Tiles Frameworks.
- Well versed with Hibernate, Hibernate Annotations and Configuration
- Experience in implementing Service Oriented Architecture by publishing and consuming Web Services using SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, and RESTFUL.
- Expertise in using and configuring various web and application servers like IBM Web Sphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic,JBoss Application Server, Glassfish.
- Understanding in designing, reviewing, implementing and optimizing data transformation processes in the Hadoop ecosystem.Cleanse data from vast range of sources from applications, databases to files and Web services.
- Proficiency in programming with various Integrated Development Environments (Java IDE's) like Eclipse, NetBeans, OEPE, RAD, MyEclipse.
- Experience with configuring and customizing logs using Log4j and Spring AOP.
- Experience in building and deploying applications using Maven, Jenkins, Ant, and designing test cases for unit testing applications using JUnit.
- Strong knowledge of Datacenter networking concepts (TCP/IP, routing, switching, VLANs, GRE, OpenVswitch, BGP)
- Good knowledge of Configuration Management tools like SVN, CVS, and GIT for version control.
- Extensive database skills and expertise with SQL, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors.
- Understanding of IText Library.
- Experience in Functional, Unit, Regression and Integration testing.
- Worked on deploying WAR file on various environments remotely
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, outstanding problem solving and decision making skills.
- Having good understanding of Change Management Process.
Languages: JAVA, C, C++, SQL and PL/SQL
J2EE Technologies: JSP, Servlets, JDBC, JNDI, Java Beans, JMS, Web Services, SOAP, Restful
Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, Struts Framework, Web Services, AXIS, Jersey, Log4j, Maven, Junit
Web/Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server
Software Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall, TDD
Version Control Tools: CVS, Subversion (SVN), GIT
IDEs/tools: Eclipse, OEPE, RAD, Spring Source, Jenkin, Toad, SOAP UI, RALLY, JIRA, Quality, Center,Tortoise SVN, Firebug, FirePath
Database: Oracle, My SQL
Operating System: MAC, UNIX, LINUX, DOS, Windows
Confidential, Concord, CAJava Developer
- Involved in the complete project life cycle including design, development, implementation, verification and validation.
- Engaged in analyzing requirements, identifying various individual logical components, expressing the system design through UML diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Engaged in the development of the entire spectrum of business components, including the web interface, J2EE based middleware and authentication systems.
- Followed Agile methodology, interacted with the client, provide/take feedback on the features, suggest/ implement optimal solutions and tailored application to customer needs.
- Developed in a Unix environment and used tools like PUTTY, FTP/SFTP.
- Developed reusable and interoperable Web service modules based on SOA architecture using RESTFUL Web Services.
- Reporting applications connecting to the existing Cigna mainframe using COBOL, JCLs, DB2, CICS ISPF/TSO, ChangeMan, DB2 Store Procedures, File-AID, and Xpeditor
- Developed the service layer, a layer that acts a bridge between the presentation layer and data access layer, with Spring MVC framework
- Used Hibernate ORM framework as persistence engine, configured O/R mapping and wrote hibernate queries.
- Developed unit testing frame work using JUnit test cases for continuous integration testing and used JTest Tool for performance testing
- Involved in designing front-end screens using Java script, JSP, AngularJS, AJAX, and HTML5.
- Developed and deployed applications with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Toolkit
- Creation of supporting documentation using templates to document code, installation plans, test plans and cases.
- Involved in providing maintenance and support for the application.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Used Spring for the web application development along with DI and AOP for processing business logic.
- Integrated Hibernate 4 with spring framework and configure XML files for mapping between Java classes and database.
- Consumed RESTful web services using jQuery/AJAX to fetch the server data and used JSON parsing to render the data in UI
- Extensively use HQL query language to interact with database to fetch data and push to front end.
- Developed RESTful Web services for exposing the service methods to different modules of the application and to other components
- Experience in Mockito Testing framework.
- Designed and developed back-end functions with Java Design Patterns such as Chain of Responsibility, Singleton, Proxy, Adapter and Façade including Algorithm implementations/Data Structures.
- Created core business logic in Core Java using Collection API and also used Java Mail API and Log4J
- Handled message requests using JMS for handling insurance application module.
- Developed Test Cases and performed Unit testing using JUnit.
- Used SVN for version control for implementing the application and configured dependencies using Maven3.
Environment: Java, Spring, Hibernate3.0, Web Services, SOAP, RESTFUL, Web Sphere, Eclipse, Oracle, PL/SQL, CSS, XML, XSLT, Windows
Java Developer with UNIX scripting
- Involved in the analysis, design, and development and testing phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Developed Informix databases, UNIX scripts, and other programs to support the system.
- Used Microsoft VISIO for developing Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Class Diagrams in the design phase.
- Developed Custom Tags to simplify the JSP code. Designed UI screens using JSP and HTML.
- Implemented EJB QL as well as WEBLOGIC QL for very complex queries / joins.
- Designed, developed and deployed the EJB's (Session, Entity and Message Driven Beans in the Middleware) into the WebLogic.
- Developed Struts Framework in the application, which is based on the MVC design pattern.
- Implemented Hibernate in data access layer to access and update information in the database.
- Actively involved in designing and implementing Factory method, Singleton, MVC and Data Access Object design patterns.
- Web services used for sending and getting data from different applications using SOAP messages. Then used DOM XML parser for data retrieval.
- Used JUnit framework for unit testing of application and ANT to build and deploy the application on Web Logic Server.
- Documenting and understanding the business requirements and use cases for the application.
- Involved in team discussions in laying out the architecture and designing of the prototype. Involved in UML design using MS Visio.
- Used MVC Architecture (Struts) with J2EE standards.
- Design and development of Action & Form objects as part of Struts frame work.
- Implemented the persistence of data using hibernate. The object data model and the corresponding XML implementation were designed and implemented.
- Involved in the Development and Deployment of Stateless Session beans.
- Generated deployment descriptors for EJBs using XML.
- Involved in resolving the Design issues and other project related problems
- Involved in writing test cases for testing functional specification and for unit testing