- More than 14 years’ experience in the multi - platform systems integration
- 13 years of developing enterprise application utilizing Java and J2EE technologies
- Extensive experience in analysis, object modeling with UML, designing and developing systems and integration architecture using J2EE technologies
- Hands-on experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of business principles and terminology and strong customer communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of integration architecture, solutions, practices and approaches
Sr. Software Engineer
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Designed and implemented components (Java/J2EE, XML/JSON/SOAP, RESTful API, Web Services, JPA, JavaSctipt/TypeScript/ES5/ES6/RxJS, HTML5/CSS, Responsive Web Design).
- Prepared and executed unit tests (JUnit, Mockito). Interacted with project stakeholders on different levels. Reported projects’ statuses, resolved issues.
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Implements responsive design template to get a new interface in Bootstrap, HTML.
- Created AngularJS controllers and reusable components.
- Implemented RESTful Web services to retrieve data from client side and made REST API calls from Angular JS and parsed the data to client and handled the security and Authorization using Spring Security and OAuth2authentication protocol respectively.
- Worked with team to design and develop Micro Services for the account details, quote details, Active subscription, closed subscription and payment details using SpringBoot and Spring Cloud.
- Used Netflix Eureka server for registering Micro Services.
- Involved in developing business rules using JBoss Drools.
- To send messages to queues, used Spring JMS module and MDBs for listeners.
- Used Active MQ during development phase.
- Implemented Ehcache as a second level cache in Hibernate.
- Used data transfer object as a JSON object between client and RESTful webservices.
- Coordinated with development, build deployment and testing teams.
- Wrote unit testing of various components layer with JUnit framework.
- Implemented Omniture tracking.
- Involved in writing selenium test cases.
- Used Jprobe and HTTP Watch for performance testing.
- Used SOAP UI for testing webservices and RESTful webservices.
- Coordinated with the QA team during design phase and testing phase.
- Resolved bugs/defects in application by coordinating with team members of the project to assure a positive outcome.
- Deployed and managed winback and six months promo plan project in to Amazon EC2.
- Created and used Amazon MQ to send customer data for further processing.
- Used Amazon S3 to store customer information's in pdf file format.
- Used Amazon RDS to store, retrieve, update and delete winback and six month project related data in Oracle database.
Senior Software Engineer
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Built a metadata system using Java and Spring with an AngularJS frontend that augments out-of-the-box Hadoop. This helped with the adoption of Hadoop by allowing regulatory and business rules to be applied to HDFS data access. The service was exposed using a RESTful API.
- Redesigned the UI to use AngularJS and to be configurable via a properties file and the database. This eliminated ~75% of redundant UI code and enabled future changes to be done in significantly less time.
- Designed and implemented a system to track changes to HDFS metadata. This versioning system allows other teams to query and approve/deny changes to metadata using a RESTful API.
- Taught clean coding and Test Driven Development principles to the team’s offshore developers. This improved the quality of the team’s code base, reducing the effort needed for future development.
- Built a Java Swing application that standardizes poorly formatted Banking customer addresses using the output of Pitney Bowes’ Verimove software and Bank mainframe daily reports. This enabled the company to keep its US Postal Service bulk discount (worth ~$150k per year) which gets canceled if address quality drops below a certain threshold.
- Worked with HR to develop and deploy a more rigorous Job Fit interview format to screen college hires. This has raised the bar for entry into the Software Engineering position and helped strengthen the technical talent pool
- Prepared Software requirements specification from the business requirements.
- Prepared UML Activity, class and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose to fulfill technical requirements.
- Developed an EJB based solution with MDB and SLSB using a façade pattern.
- Implemented security with J2EE role based authorization and integrating with enterprise LDAP security.
- Configured fully Container managed transactions integrating numerous database operations along with remote EJB calls to be made part of transactions.
- Implemented a thorough Exception handling to go hand in hand with container managed transactions.
- Integrated with Geneva based Enhanced Care API (ECA) remote EJBs for Customer and Account maintenance.
- Configured WSAD 5.1.1 for a seamless j2ee security for making the development life cycle faster and efficient.
- Developed PL/SQL stored procedures for implementing fast retrieval from the multi million rows database tables.
- Used Ant for automatic builds and java doc generations.
- Mentored team members on project development using the IBM WSAD IDE.
Environment: J2EE 1.3, JDK1.4.2, EJB2.0, JDBC 2.0, JNDI, IBM WAS5.1, WSAD 5.1.1ORACLE 22.214.171.124, TOAD, MKS source integrity, MSVISIO, Rational Rose, UML, ANT, JUnitLog4J, XSD, XML, JMS, IBM MQ, IBM AIX, Apache Tomcat