- Experienced and competent Android developer with over Seven years of experience in software and mobile development with versatile improvements included in broad range of industries like News media, Retail, Banking, Automobile and Insurance.
- Well conversant with full mobile and Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) with a good grip on Activity life cycle. Also, proficient in, the version control systems including Git, SVN and CVS.
- Expert in the interaction between various devices and different versions of Android. Known for writing efficient, maintainable and reusable code that preserves privacy and security.
- Sound knowledge in Android SDK, Web Services, JSON, Eclipse IDE, SQLite database, Activities, Services, Broadcast Receivers, UI Designing, and able to design the applications from the requirement.
- Worked on all phases of SDLC methodologies in Agile and Waterfall model and Known for writing efficient, maintainable and reusable code that preserves privacy and security.
- Android experience and expertise up to Nougat (Android 7.0) features including permissions in Mapping, Navigation Drawer, Runtime permissions, Translucent Toolbar and Material Design and actively working on Oreo features and enhancements after closely following Google I/O.
- Extensively worked on memory leaks, push notifications, content providers, multiple screen support, data offline usage, accounts and sync on Android
- Experience in Design Patterns like “MVC/ MVP/MVVM Architectures”.
- Good Experience in integrating third - party libraries like Dagger, Retrofit, Picasso, GSON, and ButterKnife into the Gradle and using them for improving performance of the application.
- Experience with Android storage mechanisms like SQLite database, Internal Storage and Shared preferences for storing the application data.
- Used Fire base to reduce sign in friction with quick and secure Authentication.
- Good approach for performance problems and checking frame rate for analyzing the rendering of the screen in milliseconds.
- Proficient in Design Patterns like GOF Design patterns (Creational, Structural and behavioral) and J2EE design patterns like, Singleton, Front Controller, Business Delegate, Service Locator, DAO, VO etc.
- Expertise in implementing MVC frameworks using Spring, Struts .
- Experience creating Use Case Model, Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, sequence diagrams using Microsoft Visio tool.
- Portrayed Leadership by Planning and Organizing several team meetings and fun activities for the team.
Client: Server, MVC, J2EE, Struts, Spring, Hibernate.
Database: SQLite, MySQL, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft Access
Application Servers: IBM Websphere, Tomcat,WebLogic, Andriod SDK
Tools: JDK, Android Studio, JUnit, ANT, Log4j, ANT, Maven, Eclipse 3.5/3.6.1/4.2/4.5.1 , Android Studio, NetBeans, WebSphere, Tomcat, Apache IDE/HTML Editors.
Platforms: Microsoft Windows 9X/XP, Windows, UNIX, LINUX, Android 2.2 to Android, Microsoft Windows, Linux, Unix, iOSLibraries Retrofit, ButterKnife, Dagger2, GSON, Espresso, Picasso, Glide, Mockito, Proguard, EventBus, Wireshark.
Version Control: Git, BitBucket, SVN, CVS, Jira
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Senior Android Developer
- Conceptualize, develop, and test native Android applications, including UI, core functionality, and third-party libraries.
- Contributed to the full mobile application development lifecycle from planning, requirement gathering, development, testing and launching on Google play store for beta testing.
- Integrated Google play services and Google Maps API .
- Designed and developed UI screens for the complete application using .java and .xml effectively to create a new page for loan application for an existing customer with various input fields and buttons on Android Studio.
- Implemented Location Listener to show exact location on Google Maps.
- Integrated client-side application with server API via asynchronous tasks.
- Participated in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for proper analysis, development, testing, deployment and enhancement of the code.
- Implemented the Test-Driven Development Approach to ensure the Application is works well, with every change or improvement that was made.
- Involved in working with Location Manager and Restful Web service with JSON.
- Designed GUI and implemented features like sending Emails, SMS, etc., using Content providers.
- Debugged the issues using android tools like Monkeyrunner, Traceview and view hierarchy from DDMS for optimization purposes.
- Feedback & Project status discussion with Testing Manager, Project Manager, Product Owner.
- Conduct weekly status meeting to track the project progress, issues and roadblocks with Technical Lead, Testing Lead and Project Manager.
- Discussing retrospective with Enterprise Architects, Project Manager, Testing Manager post-production
- Involved in various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle of the Mobile Application.
- Used numerous Layouts and User Interfaces Components such as the Alert Bar, Navigation Bar, Progress Bar, Toggle Button, View Group and View Pagers to help transition through the application.
- Intent flags are used to Controll the flow of activities within the Back Stack.
- Worked with a JIRA tool for issue tracking, bug tracking and project management.
- Resolved complex design problems through implementing UX design principles.
- Improved the performance of code using Butter Knife Library and optimized the code.
- Employed the Push Notifications by integrating Google Cloud Messaging API to alert users of changes or issues to be reviewed.
- Worked on debugging the application using Logcat, DDMS.
- Used Source Tree for version control, committing the changes in code.
- Used Async adapters to load changed data from server and to send modified data to server from app.
- Re-structured list views to use ViewHolder pattern with lazy loading for improved usability and lower memory footprint.
Environment: : Java, Android SDK, Android Studio, SQLite, Retrofit, Picasso, GSON, GIT, XML, Jira, Agile, RESTful web services, Source Tree.
Confidential, Tysons Corner, VA
Android Application Developer
- Designed, Developed & Prototyped Android native customer applications for Mobile phones and tablets for internal and external use.
- Participated in full app life-cycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test, release and maintenance and update to app store.
- Worked with product teams on new product ideas, designs, prototypes and estimates
- Worked in an Agile software development based environment.
- Extensively used custom ListViews to view information on every screen, and to keep uniformity of the application.
- Implemented ViewFlow for providing navigation between different screens and collaborated with web services team and also implemented Notification Manager to display updates on the notification bar.
- Implemented Fragments using FragmentManager class.
- Extensively used gallery function in modules (such as news, sports, life, money, and travel) for users to view daily pictures with descriptive articles. Different feed is used for the pictures to fetch the data and populate the gallery with corresponding content.
- Identifying a Best practices approach to the continuous improvement of products, processes, and tools.
- Developed and maintained documentation for all features in development Required Skills.
- Worked with JSON and used external libraries like GSON parsers, for data parsing.
- Tested the application on different android target devices
- Used Android JUnit extension to prepare test cases.
- Used AsyncTask for multithreading, to run background tasks.
- Worked on linear, frame and relative layouts. Worked on toast, Dialog notifications
- Followed Agile and Scrum methodologies in the project implementation
- Co-ordinated with offshore and onshore team to understand the business requirement.
Environment: Java, Android SDK, Android Studio, ADT Bundle, JSON, REST API, Gradle, JIRA, RxJava, SQLite, TDD, Services, XML
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, deploying and supporting the highly scalable, multi-user e-commerce Web application for dealers.
- Configured Business Layer with the EJB and Spring framework for servicing client requests and DAO layer for providing security based on the user roles
- Involved in data gathering during the business analysis and planning phase of the project.
- Extensively used Spring MVC framework to develop the web layer for the application. Configured Dispatcher Servlet in web.xml.
- Implemented Controller (abstract) and mapped it to a URL in servlet.xml file. Implemented JSP corresponding to the controller where data was propagated into it from the model and view object from the controller.
- Developed interfaces and bean implementations for the same for propagating data on the JSPs.
- Wrote Spring configuration files for the beans defined and properties to be injected into them using spring's Dependency Injection.
- Used Spring's AOP to implement logging and getting data source objects as the advice that was woven in the bean classes.
- Developed some external plug-in for internet based application, using tools like Eclipse and Jenkins.
- Created SOAP compliant Web Services using Axis and consumed NPI Verification web service.
- Developed a SAX parser to parse the .xml file to extract the user data to be stored in the database.
- Working knowledge of developing web services using SOAP, WSDL.
- Worked on Asynchronous messaging system using by implementing JMS through Point-Point and Publish-Subscribe MQ-Series architecture.
- Used JUnit for testing the application and Neo Load Test for Performance Testing.
- Wrote separate dedicated classes to implement logging functionality and to get data sources objects. Log4j was used to implement logging.
- Extensively worked on testing the Web Application using Quality Centre to meet the pre-defined QA standards of the organization.
- Worked on Queue configuration and management using WebSphere MQ.
- Used JMS for sending XML messages to queues.
- Deployed the application on WebSphere Server.
- Created Java based applications, including XML Web services and Web applications.
- Implemented the user interface using java script, JSP, AJAX, HTML and CSS.
- Managed the struts-config.xml file for all action mappings.
- Used J2EE technologies like MVC, business delegate and DAO.
- Assisted in the development of Action Classes and Action Forms.
- Interacted with internal users and clients to learn and document requirements that are then used to produce business requirements documents.
- Created user-friendly web pages to maintain a database for products.
- Designed SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) and used at deploying different applications.
- Maintain the documentation, processes, guidelines and procedures of the project
- Writing technical requirements from a critical phase.
- Implemented GPS tracking system for the registered users
- Designed use cases using Rational Rose for GPS Tracker application.
- Interact with designers to understand software limitations
- Actively involved in tuning SQL queries.
- Customized interfacing with other applications both in front-end and back-end application development .
- Active participation in daily stand up meet with in the team.
- Tested the application and developed test cases using JUnit.
- Code Review and Troubleshooting.