- Over 9+ years of experience involving all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including planning, analysis, design, implementation, testing and maintenance of Multi - Tier distributed, secure enterprise applications using Java/J2EE technologies in domains like Health,Banking, and Insurance.
- Experience in application development using Software development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall development and TDD (Test Driven Development) environments .
- Expertise in Core Java concepts of Java/J2EE like JSP , Servlets , JSF, JSTL, EJB transaction implementation (CMP, BMP, Message-Driven Beans), JMS, Struts, Spring, Swing, Hibernate, Java Beans, JDBC, XML, Web Services, JNDI, Multi-Threading, Data Structures etc.
- Extensively worked on XML related technologies like XML, XSLT, XPATH, XSL, DTD and DOM .
- Responsible for creating a microservices system using Java 8 with Spring Boot, Netflix OSS,RESTful API and experience with Java 8 features like Stream, Lambda expressions and Filters .
- Experienced in Middleware persistence frameworks like Hibernate/JPA for mapping Java classes using Hibernate Query Language (HQL) , HSQL Named Queries , Criteria , Projections.
- Experience in database modelling, design and development of PL/SQL stored procedures , packages in relational databases like Oracle10g / 11g, SQL Server 2005/2008, IBM DB2 and MySQL .
- Strong experience with MongoDB development (reports, schema design, map reduce functions) and migrations from SQL relational databases to NoSQL databases like MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra and Couch DB.
- Experienced in implementing Service Oriented Architecture and Web Services such as SOAP using WDSL , JAX-WS and REST using Spring Boot, Apache CFX, JAX-RS and Jersey Frameworks .
- Proficient in using Amazon Web Services(EC2, VPC, RDS, ELB, Route53, Lambda, IAM, Cloud Watch, S3, Glacier, SQS, SNS).
- Experience in using Pivotal Cloud Foundry to deploy applications on Cloud .
- Sound knowledge of Hadoop ecosystems: HDFS, Big Data, RDMS, Map/Reduce, Hive, HBase, ZooKeeper, Kafka and Spark .
- Hands on experience in configuration and deployment of multi-tier applications using servers like Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, JBoss and WebLogic.
- Extensive knowledge on Spring Framework like Spring Core, Spring DAO, Spring IoC, Spring MVC, Spring ORM, Spring AOP, Spring Boot and Spring Web flow .
- Involved and developed various phases of security implementation using Spring Security system against all types of authentications like LDAP authentication , Database authentication and Pre-Authentication .
- Having knowledge on(JMS) MQ’s like Kafka, Rabbit MQ, IBM MQ and Active MQ .
- Experience in implementing Java EE design patterns such as Singleton, Factory, Session Facade, DAO, DTO, and Business Delegate in the development of Multi-Tier distributed Enterprise Applications.
- Hands on experience with version control tools like SVN , GIT and CVS .
- Experience in using Jenkins for CI/CD process and creating Docker images and containers.
- Experience in using Automation tools like Selenium , Chai and Cucumber .
- Hands on experience with build tools like ANT , Maven and logging tools like Log4j .
Java/J2EE Technologies: J2EE, Servlets, JDBC, Struts, EJB, Hibernate, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Security, SOAP, REST
Application/Web servers: IBM WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, GlassFish
Relational Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, Mongo DB, Cassandra
Cloud Environments: AWS, Netflix Eureka, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
IDE: Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA, Spring Tool Suite (STS)
Operating system: Windows 10, Linux, Unix
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, TDD (Test-Driven-Development), Scrum
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle, Log4J, Hudson, Jenkins, Alfresco, SBT
Version Control: CVS, SVN, GIT, JIRA, Subversion and Clear Case
SOAP, RESTful, JAXWS, JAX: RPC, JAX-RS, JAX-P, JAX-B, AXIS
Confidential, Plano, TX
Java Full Stack Developer
- Involved in business meetings for requirement gathering and understanding the system needs.
- Responsible for maintaining, implementing critical bug fix and supporting the application.
- Followed Agile methodologies, worked on Kanban and Scrum boards by using JIRA project management tool.
- Developing the web application using Core Java, J2EE technologies, Spring boot, Servlets, JSF.
- Worked on Coveo Search Engine, used Coveo Cloud V2 platform which is an enterprise-class native cloud SaaS
- /PaaS solution that provides a unified and secure way to search for contextually relevant content.
- Utilized Coveo JS framework to Integrate Coveo Search Interface in to the web application.
- Worked on PingSSO, Single Sign-On to integrate security for user authentication with the web application which makes users to use one set of login credentials to access multiple application within the company.
- Worked on CMS(Content Management Systems) such as Teamsite and Alfresco.
- Configured resources including JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling for Tomcat application server environment.
- Worked closely with the configuration in the Tomcat application server and Apache webserver.
- Responsible in writing Unit test cases in order to test software/application using JUNT and Mockito Framework.
- Worked on Workfront cloud-based project management solution that helps team to prioritize, route, manage and report on their work.
Environment: Java 8, Springboot, HTML, CSS, JQuery, SVN, Coveo JS Framework, Jira, Workfront, Confluence, JUnit, Mockito, Putty, WinSCP, SQL, Oracle SQL developer Tool, Maven, Jenkins, PING SSO, SAML 2.0, JSP/Servlets, JDBC, Eclipse, CMS (Content Management system) TeamSite, Alfresco, Fidler, Tomcat App server, Apache WebServer, Load balancers
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Java Full Stack Developer
- Followed Agile methodology and involved in daily SCRUM meetings, sprint planning, showcases and retrospective and used JIRA as a tracking tool for the sprints.
- Extensively made use of Java8 features like Predicates , Functional Interfaces and Lambda Expressions , Method References and Stream API for bulk data operations on Collections .
- Involved in developing UI pages using Angular 4.0 , HTML5 , CSS3 and Twitter Bootstrap .
- Developing web pages using Angular4 . 0 Framework and worked with various Angular JS directives and services and Filters to build the Applications.
- Designed and developed Microservices using synchronous protocols like HTTP , REST(JAX-RS) .
- Implemented Spring Framework including Spring Core/IOC , Spring AOP , Spring ORM and Spring Batch and implemented the authentication, authorization, and access-control features by making use of Spring Security .
- Used Spring Boot to develop and deploy both RESTful web services and MVC applications .
- Written shell scripts to copy output files to a different location from Spring Batch.
- Implemented Swagger Configuration in Java Spring Boot for auto generating swagger JSON files for REST API calls .
- Implemented exception handling in Java Spring boot for REST API , by making use of Exception Handler and Controller Advice annotations.
- Used Pivotal Cloud Foundry to deploy applications on cloud.
- Effectively developed and deployed Spring Boot applications for REST services on Pivotal Cloud Foundry and implemented platform as service technologies.
- Added security layer for web services using OAuth and Sami integration.
- Used Apache Kafka with Zoo Keeper for achieving synchronous and asynchronous messaging techniques.
- Developed the Application Module using several design patterns like Singleton , Factory , DAO , DTO , Business Delegate , Façade , prototype and Composite View .
- Implemented RESTful Web services for transmission of data in JSON format.
- Implemented solutions utilizing Advanced Big Data/ Hadoop Distribution Frameworks : MapReduce , YARN , Spark , HBase , and Hive .
- Worked with Spark , improving the performance and optimization of the existing applications in Hadoop using Spark Context, Spark-SQL, Data Frame, Pair RDD’s, Spark YARN .
- Used Hibernate , object/relational-mapping (ORM) technique for mapping data from MVC model to MySQL Relational data model with an SQL-based schema.
- Developed session , entity beans and message driven beans , mapping of Java objects to database tables using Hibernate . Extensively used Hibernate Transaction Management and Hibernate Batch Transactions .
- Created database objects like Stored Procedures, Tables, Views, Sequences, Cursors, Packages and Triggers.
- Preparing PostgreSQL queries for reporting and analysing production data for various applications.
- Created Docker images and ran the Docker containers in various environments.
- Having good implementation experience with installation and configuration of Kubernetes, clustering them and managed local deployments in Kubernetes.
- Using Kubernetes, controlled and automated application deployments and updates and orchestrated deployment.
- Developed Maven scripts and developed builds using Maven and continuous integration servers like Jenkins .
- Used Log4j for logging errors and GIT for version control.
- Deployed the application on JBOSS application server.
- Developed unit and integration tests for existing microservices using JUnit , Mockito environments for development and QA teams.
- Fixed defects identified during QA, UAT and Production.
Environment: Java 8, J2EE, Spring Boot, AJAX, jQuery, Angular4, Microservices,Pivotal Cloud Foundry, JBOSS,jBPM, Netflix Eureka, Hibernate, Spring Batch, OAuth, Swagger, RESTful web services, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle 11g, Docker, Maven, Jenkins, Kafka, Shell Scripts, Git, GitHub, JUnit, Mockito,Log4j.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Sr. Java/ J2EE Developer
- Involved in requirement analysis, design, development, testing of application using Agile methodology.
- Used AWS (Amazon Web Services) as a cloud platform to deploy the application.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2 , auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Used AmazonIAM to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users. Also managed roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM.
- Experience in Integration of Amazon Web Services , AWS with other applications infrastructure.
- Utilized S3 buckets and Glacier for file storage and backup on AWS cloud.
- Developed various helper classes necessary using Multi-Threading .
- Utilized Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and assign public DNS names to ElasticLoad Balancers .
- Developed API for using AWSLambda to manage the servers and run the code in the AWS.
- Developed Single Page Application (SPA) using AngularJS Framework and injected generic services using Angular2 .
- Used NodeJS (Express) to create API which can provide or consume JSON.
- Integrated the IOC container of Spring Framework to handle the creation of beans, dependency injection and transaction management.
- Used HibernateORM to integrate with business application with Oracle Database where Hibernate template is used to implement business logic. Created anXML configuration file for Hibernate Database connectivity .
- Used Spark Streaming APIs to perform transformations and actions on the fly for building common learner data model which gets the data from Kafka in near real time and persist it to Cassandra.
- Experience with querying on data present in Cassandra cluster using CQL ( CassandraQueryLanguage ).
- Consumed Web Services by implementing Spring's REST support is to make the development of RESTful Webservices .
- Created MULEESB artefact and configured the MULE config files and deployed .
- Created shellscripts to deploy resource bundles on different environments.
- Worked with Git Version control system to track various aspects of the project.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artefacts on the source code.
- Used Log4j logging framework to write Log messages with various levels for logging across the application.
- Utilized variable software (GMC/QuadientPrintNetT/Inspire) to build and generate internal and client proofs.
- Execute finished output and supporting documentation for banking requirements
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins .
- Developed test cases using JUnit and JMock for unit testing as well as integration testing as part of Test Driven Development(TDD).
- Interacted with Business Analysts to come up with better implementation designs for the application. Provided production support for the application.
- Involved in testing, debugging, bugs fixing and documentation of the system.
Confidential, Minnetonka, MN
- Worked on Agile methodology including team-based design and code reviews.
- Actively involved in Requirement Analysis, designing, development and testing of the entire application.
- Worked on the Common UI layout for defining the Header, Footer and Menu using JSFFacelets .
- Implemented navigation using SpringMVC controllers, configured controllers using Spring MVC annotations and configuration files.
- Implemented spring framework BeanFactory & ApplicationContext for bean initialization and configurations.
- SpringAOP is used for logging, auditing, and security and transaction management to distinguish business logic from the crosscutting concerns.
- Implemented the back-end functionality of the modules using Singleton and SessionFacade design patterns.
- Configured Hibernate configuration files to persist the data to the Oracle 10g Database .
- Configured Hibernate objects as Spring Beans in Spring Configuration File.
- Involved in development of POJO classes and writing Hibernate Query Language(HQL) queries.
- Asynchronous messaging is done using JMS and created Queue for point to point messaging.
- Developed REST web services using Spring MVC to extract client related data from database and used SOAP UI for testing these RESTFUL API web services.
- Implemented Service Oriented Architecture(SOA) by developing and consuming RESTful web services based on JAX-RS and Jersey.
- Designed and implemented Java Classes to use JAXP parser to create Java objects to be able to modify the data received in the response.
- Implemented Core Java Concepts such as Multi-Threading , Exception Handling and Collections when needed.
- Handled Multi-Threading part in the back-end component, one thread will be running for each other.
- Worked with DB2 and wrote SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, triggers, views and integrated SQL Queries into DAO.
- Deployed the application on Tomcat Application Server.
- Used Log4j logging mechanism for logging.
- Used SVN for versioning and concurrent access to the project files.
- Resolving spring framework artefacts and code build & deployment with Maven .
- Used JIRA for defect and issue tracking.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration/continuous deployment.
- Automated regression test cases using Selenium .
- Coordinated with testing team for timely release of product.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Involved in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - design, coding, testing, and documentation using Rational Unified Process (RUP) for analysis and design of application.
- Developed CSS sheets for developing user aesthetic UI components.
- Developed Web applications in MVC architecture using Spring framework.
- Implemented logging in the application using Spring Framework AOP module to know the application status. Used Spring DAO module for performing CRUD operations on database.
- Spring IoC design pattern to provide relation between application components. Separated application configuration and dependency specification from actual application code.
- Developed SOAP Web service modules based on SOA architecture to consume services.
- Called external applications using Web Services for delivering notifications.
- Used JAXB parser for parsing the valid XML files as defined by the XSD.
- Used JMS API to access the queues, read and write the messages for processing.
- Worked on JUnit for creating test cases for all the Business Rules and the application code.
- Experienced with setting up the basic project setup from scratch using Spring- Hibernate based design.
- Worked on JPA as persistence layer, involving EJB 3.1 annotations to synchronize with database through XML.
- Deployed the application in JBoss Application Server.
- Used ANT scripts to fetch, build, and deploy application to development environment.
- Used CVS as version control.
- Interacted with application testers to review system defects and provided comprehensive fixes.
- Participated in all phases of the project like design, development, testing, enhancements and production support.
- Used Rational Rose for the Use Case Diagrams, Object Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams to represent the detailed design phase.
- Implemented MVC architecture and developed form classes, action classes for the entire application using Strutsframework .
- Implemented Singleton , ServiceLocator design patterns in MVC framework and developed command, delegate, model action script classes to interact with the backend.
- Involved in writing the exception and validation classes using Struts validation rules.
- Developed Enterprise Java Beanslike Entity Beans, Session Beans (both Stateless and State Full Session beans) .
- Designed and developed reusable Java utility classes for the business logic functionality using services like JDBC and JNDI.
- Deployed the application on WebLogic application server.
- Monitored the error logs using Log4j and fixing the problems.
- Designed database Tables, View, Index's and create triggers for optimized data access.
- Written JUnit test cases for unit testing of the application.
- Written Ant scripts for building application artifacts.
- Involved in Unit integration, bug fixing, acceptance testing with test cases, Code reviews.
- Provided troubleshooting and error handling support in multiple projects.
- Involved in requirement analysis, design and development of the application.
- Created the design using class diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Implemented MVC architecture using JSP , Servlets and EJB .
- Extensively used XML documents with XSLT and CSS to translate the content into HTML to present to GUI.
- Developed EJB middleware components to implement business objects and business logic of the system.
- Used JDBC to establish connectivity to the database for performing the database operations.
- Created and modified Stored Procedures, complex SQL Commands for the application using PL/SQL.
- Deployed the application on WebSphere application server.
- Involved in enhancements of the system and worked on fixing bugs and supporting the entire system.