Senior Software Engineer
- Engineering lead experience, good communication skills, great personality.
- Extensive Java/C#/C++/C programming experience.
- Extensive embedded software development experience.
- SNMP, TCP/UDP/IP programming, scalable transactional server, web service and SQL development experience.
Design Methodology: Object Oriented Design Patterns.
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, Linux, Real Time Operating Systems.
GUI APIs: Eclipse, SWT, MS Visual Studio.
- Leading a small team on development of software product for dynamic Ad insertion and a web based tool that allows user to configure and monitor the splicing servers in the network.
- Utilized C# WCF and Entity Framework for splicing and web tool development.
Team Lead/Senior Software Engineer
- Leading a development team (across 3 countries) on Confidential firmware integration and customization for a South America cable company.
- Responsibilities include managing a development team that located in different offshore locations; writing technical specs and design documents; implementing customer required features; working with the project manager to make sure customer’s requirements are fulfilled and delivered on time; working with UI ( Confidential ) developers and three different hardware vendors to solve the integration issues; working with on - site team to ensure each new version is field tested and deployed successfully. In addition of the management work, 60% of time doing hands on development.
- Designed and implemented a highly secured remote access mechanism that allows millions of user to access their Confidential via Web UI or Mobil devices. Designed the communication protocols and implemented the transaction server in core Java.
- Designed and implemented Switched Digital Video system that allows the cable operator to offer more services than what the bandwidth is allowed. Designed the architecture of the middleware to integrate with the UI and the the transaction server using TCP/IP in Java.
- Designed and implemented multiple test suite tools to allow QA to run end to end test for Remote Access and Customer Measurements using Java/SWT.
- Worked on the integration and customization of an Confidential platform for a north America Telco company. Responsibilities included working with hardware vendor to integrate the drivers with Confidential ’s middleware, integrating the middleware with the operator’s head end servers and the UI, coordinated with the QA team for testing and delivery.
- Designed and implemented an EAS solution for the customer.
Tech Lead/Senior Software Engineer
- As a key member of the team, participated in the design and implementation of the first Confidential platform for Confidential Inc. using Java/J2EE.
- Duties included collecting and documenting customer UI requirements. Designing and implementing the Electronic Program Guide ( Confidential ), Customer Account Management and set-top/head end communication protocols.
- As a tech lead, designed and managed the implementation of GIS Address Sync system for Adelphia (Cable). This system included a batch service, a web service and a billing server access service. It was implemented using JSP/Java.
- Participated in design and implementation of a customer service application for WildBlue Communications. It is a J2EE based application utilizes WebLogic app server and Sun Portal server. Duties included creating web user interfaces (using JSP/JSTL) and Java servelets to handle user requests. Also converted the servlets to portlets to build the portal server.
- Designed and implemented a C#, ASP.NET based transaction server that connects a third part web application to the billing system. The application offers a web service to handle the third party requests and an access service to communicate with the billing system via both API and screen and scripting.
Senior Software Consultant
- Participated in designing and implementation of the framework for Supply Chain Service Components using Java EJB technology. The framework included mid-tier service and APIs for third parties to access billing, scheduling and many other supporting systems via XML requests. Duties included creating a web interface for a third party to post their requests, built EJBs to communicate with Confidential via Confidential API, etc.
- Participated in design and implementation of the Web based Direct Sale Management System. Duties included building a mid-tier server (using core Java) that connects to multiple third party services such as Code One, Vertex, and Paymentech; Built a web user interface with Cold Fusion; Created a set of custom tags that communicate with the mid-tier server. Designed and implemented a mechanism for Web clients to access legacy billing system ( Confidential ) via screen scripting.
- Designed and implemented a Web based application that allows users (Cable Operators) to authorize/de-authorize subscribers via web UI. The system communicates with the customer database and the authorization system to provide a real time operation solution. Cold Fusion and Java were used for the implementation.
- Participated in design and implementation of a transaction server that bridges the business system and the billing system. The system utilized a three-tier architecture with multiple communication protocols using C++ on Unix and Windows NT.