- 8 years of extensive experience in the IT industry in DevOps, JBoss, WebLogic, and Tomcat Administration, Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Maintenance on WebLogic Servers.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration, Deployment and Troubleshooting of JBoss 4.x/5.x/6.0/7.x, BEA WebLogic Server 8.1/9.x/10.x/11g/12c and Tomcat 5.x/6.x/7.
- Automated and manually building artifacts and JVM deployments using Jenkins 1.596.2 on JDK 1.7.
- Deployed Clustered Environments on (Single and Multi Box) using different application server for vertical and horizontal clustering.
- Performed software installations, upgrades/patches, troubleshooting, and maintenance on UNIX servers.
- Automated execution of cucumber test scripts and html generation.
- Experience in Administering Apache 2.x, iplanet 6.x, Sun ONE 6.1/7.0.
- Experience with Bea WebLogic Portal server administration, configuration and deployment.
- Extensively worked on Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Hudson, Bamboo and Sonatype Nexus.
- Highly skilled at supporting web and application servers (Apache, Nginx, NodeJS, JBoss,Tomcat)and Hands - on experience with installing and managing MySQL and Amazon web servers.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Experience in writing basic modules for Puppet and good understanding analyzing manifests.
- Strong experience Redhat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) images.
- Performed J2EE application deployment and administration including JAR, WAR, and EAR files.
- Experience in Implementation and administration of AquaLogicServiceBus (ALSB) on UNIX based platform.
- Worked on IBM Informix for database management
- Experience with and RemedyForce for mangement and processing data.
- Deploying J2EE Application archives (JAR, WAR, EAR and RAR) and Web-Based/E-Commerce on Web Logic Application Server and JBOSS 4.x/5/6.x/7.x.
- Configured and administered JDBC connection pools.
- Varied experience in Clustering (both horizontal and vertical), Workload management, creation and maintenance of Domains, Nodes and Managed Servers instances in a BEA Weblogic environment.
- Installed and configured sunONE and Apache Web Servers in various environments.
- Deployed applications on multiple Weblogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, High Availability and Fail over functionality.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Knowledge of Designing Chef automation solutions for middleware servers
- Hand full of Experience in Jenkins NANT, TFS, PowerShell, VMware
- Experienced in applying patches and plug-ins for Weblogic Application Server.
- Extensive experience in finding the Memory Leaks and adjusting the JVM Heap Sizes, using the Optimize IT and JProbe.
- Working knowledge of JBOSS 4.x/5 and exposure to distributed queuing architectures.
- Extensive experience in configuring and managing secured environments using SSL and digital certificates.
- Working knowledge of IBM MQ Series, Siteminder.
- Good working experience in server side java programming using J2EE technologies - Servlets, Applets, JSP 1.x, JDBC, RMI, JNDI, EJB.
- Good working knowledge on Oracle Enterprise Linux OS environments.
- Experience in ticketing tools like HP PPMC and Production monitoring tools like HP M360, Oracle EM and http analyzer tools.
- Good understanding of load balancing using F5, Site minder and DNS.
DevOps: SCM, Git,GRUNT,SonalQube, Bitbucket, Maven, Chef, Puppet,SaltStack, Hudson, Jenkins, Docker, Agile, jira,nagios
Operating Systems: Solaris, Red Hat LINUX, HP-UX, IBM-AIX, Windows 98/2000/NT/XP
Programming Languages: C, C++, JAVA/J2EE, Visual Basic, SQL, PL-SQL
Application Server: BEA WebLogic 6.1 (sp3, sp6), 7 (sp4 - sp6), 8.1 (sp3 - sp6), 9.2MP2 & 10.0/10.3, Apache Tomcat 6.x, JBOSS 4.x/5/6.x/7.x.
Web Server: Apache 2.x, Sun ONE 6.x, IBM-HTTP Server, AWS.
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, RMI, JMS, JTA, JNDI, JMX, EJB, Applets and swing components, AWT.
Web Technologies: JDK 1.6, HTML, XML, DHTML, MSXML, ASPX.
Scripting Languages: WLST, UNIX Shell Scripting (Bourne, Korn, C and Bash), Perl Scripting
Monitoring Tools: Wily Introscope, JMeter, Mercury Load Runner, Grinder, Samurai, AppDynamics, Splunk, Zabbix.
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, 11g, MS SQL Server 7.x/2000, Sybase, Pointbase, My SQL, MS Access and DB2.
Networking & Protocols: TCP/IP, Telnet, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP.
Confidential, EL Sugendo, CA
Sr. Middleware/Dev Ops Engineer
- Installed and configured WebLogic Application server 11x/12c using graphic and silent mode and configured Weblogic domain
- Configured Node Manager for running managed servers
- Worked with the management team on Puppet
- Installed and configured Apache HTTP Server 2.0, Tomcat 6.0, IIS 6 and Sun One Web Servers in various environments.
- Installed and configured plug-ins for Apache HTTP server and Sun One Web server to proxy the request for WebLogic server.
- Experience in analyzing the proxy server log in comparison with WebLogic logs to narrow down the malformed request.
- Performed migration and upgraded WebLogic server 9.x to WebLogic 10.x/11x and to the recent version12c.
- Updated JDK’s and installed service packs and patches for WebLogic Server.
- Using applications Hadoop, IBM Informix, IBM WebSphere, RemedyForce, Integration Bus and other middleware technologies
- Used Chef and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool.
- Worked on Oracle Fusion 11g architecture making most of the investment in applications.
- Also installed, configured and administered JBOSS 6.0 server in various environments.
- Used Devops, Ansible Puppet and Gerrit
- Used centralized configuration for multiple servers in JBOSS domain mode.
- Using Python Scripting in DevOps users to model and manage the entire application from load balancers to database.
- Experience in Batch-Scripting for automating and reducing the time taken for everyday tasks.
- Deployed web and enterprise applications on JBoss application server.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins and DevOps based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used NagiOS to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems in various components including applications, services, servers and network protocols.
- Deployed various J2EE and enterprise applications (WAR, JAR, RAR, EAR) on managed servers and cluster environment, maintained Load Balancing, High Availability and Failover.
- Created bash and ksh scripts to monitor domains, recycle clusters, monitor disk space, number of Apache connections, and ran them as cronjobs for timely running programs.
- Configured JNDI as repository for EJB Home stubs, JDBCdata source, JMS connection factories, queues and topics.
- Configured and administered JDBC Connection pools/multi pools/ data sources on WebLogic server.
- Also responsible for installing and configuring third party software necessary to test products such as Apache Server.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo & Jira.
- Automated the Build Process using Jenkins.
- Installing of HTTP plugins for Apache, iPlanet and Microsoft IIS.
- Used ANT, Puppet/ Chef Scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy.
- Involved in monitoring error logs, troubleshooting and fixing the problems.
- Handled Memory issues, such as application leak, WebLogic leak and sun java bug by tuning and profiling memory with third party tools.
- Implemented security by configuring Secured Socket Layer (SSL) for client authentication and data encryption
- Configured LDAP server using Sun One Directory server for user authentication
- Configure Siteminder with Web servers.
- Configure F5load balancer with Web servers. Used F5 to capacity, performance and reliability of the applications
- Used OIM for access management, directory services, decision making and strengthening security
- Develop and run UNIX shell scripts and implemented auto deployment process.
- Solved server hang issues such as Deadlock, Application and Database level lock by taking thread dump and analyzed to get the root cause of the hang
- Set up Wily for monitoring, notification, root cause analysis and data reporting
- Performance monitoring and JVM Heap size and EJB monitoring using Wily Introscope and Load testing using Mercury Load Runner and Jmeter with Thread and Heap analysis Using Samuraithread dump
- Used Subversion (SVN) to maintain present and historical source code versions and documentation.
- Used Build Forge and Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Used HP OpenView for managing applications, network conditions and status across the platform
- Involved in a team to design a strategy and well organized planning in data center migration using TDS
Environment: Oracle WebLogic 8.x/9.x/10.x/11g/12c, JDK 1.3/1.4/1.5, JRockit 8.1, Apache 2.x, Tomcat 6.0/6.1, Sun One/ iPlanet, IIS 6, AWS, DevOps, Solaris 8,9, Red Hat LINUX, Windows 2003, F5 Load balancer, Siteminder, Nagios, JMX, Oracle 8i/9i, JDBC, LDAP, subversion, EJB, JSP, Servlets, XML,MS Office, OpenSSL, Secure SSH.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Provided monitoring, configuration, testing, maintenance and production support of various applications and servers.
- As JBoss Administrator, perform, monitor and manage upgrades, deployments and other changes to the servers and applications.
- Configured the HC Scripts, Monitored and Provided 24/7 support for 25+ servers during the SOCHI Olympics 2014.
- Participated in Migration undergoing from JBoss 4 to Weblogic or JBoss 4 to JBoss 6 and its respective POC.
- Troubleshooting and fixing defects found during Application upgrades and Server Migration. Troubleshoot issues with JBoss related servers and applications as part of infrastructure team.
- Used Hudson/Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments DevOps.
- Installed and configured JBoss 6.2 in local machine during JBoss 4.3 to JBoss 6.2 application server migration.
- Involved in various critical outages and team meetings to solve various issues and discuss future plans and steps.
- Worked with team members to create ISR/ASR/RFC requests to schedule production application deployment and maintenance activities.
- Installed, Configured and utilized AppDynamics (Tremendous Performance Management Tool) and Splunk in the whole JBoss Environment. Troubleshooted issues occurring during installation.
- Created and Analyzed Performance Test Reports using Test Scripts.
- Build proper SOP/Checklist Documents for number of important Processes (Installation/Decommission/Migration/Report Generation and more).
- Managed daily JBoss Outage Tracker.
- Developed build scripts using ANT and MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of JBoss 5.0/5.1/5.5 & JBoss 6.2 versions on Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) environment.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Tomcat 6.0 and Apache 2.0/2.2 and 2.3 versions on Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) environment.
- Understanding the requirements, building functional reports and documents, planning and estimating tasks and implementation of the same.
- Coordination and implementation of production releases.
- Liaison to Infra teams like OS, Network, Build, Server Ops, VM Ware, Onsite/Offshore support teams etc. for incident resolutions.
- Managing several Projects, Events and Incidents simultaneously.
- Apache web plugin configuration management.
- Monitor Control M and Cron jobs and coordinate with Production control teams to resolve the alerts.
- Followed Quick escalation procedure per application as mentioned in the Runbooks and SOP.
- Configured Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) for data encryption, client authentication on Apache Servers.
- Performed Performance tuning of JVM heap size, GC, Java stack trace analysis.
- Leaded the team of 8 and Provided 24/7 on call support in both testing and production environments.
Environment: J2EE, LDAP, JDBC, JMS, JNDI, Apache, Oracle 10g/11g, Weblogic Server 8.1, JBoss 4.x/5.1, SSO (Siteminder 6.x), PHP 5, Tomcat, Windows 9(x), 2k/2003/XP, Solaris and Linux.
Confidential, Brookefield, WI
Sr. Weblogic Administrator/Middleware Administrator
- Installed, configured and maintained various middleware J2EE engines, Weblogic 11g on Solaris 10, Linux servers and test external and internal web hosting environments.
- Installed, configured and maintained Oracle Weblogic suite 11g as part of Oracle fusion technologies.
- Used Korn Shell. Scripting was used to monitor the system environment.
- Involved in various Weblogic upgrades and migrations, Weblogic 8.1x to 10.x within the enterprise.
- Set up Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) communication between web servers Apache Tomcat and WebLogic Application Server.
- Administered Apache Tomcat 5.5 and WebLogic server involving 20+ Java Applications
- Worked closely to configure the Big IP F5 Load Balancer
- Worked closely with multiple support teams such as the QA testing team for performance/ load/ stress testing of applications and monitoring/tuning the application parameters and acted as a single point of contact with third party vendors for errors and bug fixes within the product.
- Automated the Deployment process of various WAR, JAR, and EAR applications in clustered environment using ANT scripts.
- Used WLST to get run-time parameters. Generated and analyzed Heap dump and Thread dump. Monitored WebLogic performance using Wiley Interscope.
- Troubleshoot production environment problems and participate in the team’s 24/7 on call support rotation. Expert in solving environment problems which includes Network issues, Database issues, application code, etc.
- Monitoring of WebLogic resources (WAR, EAR, JMS, JDBC) using tools such as wily introscope and JProbe.
- Good experience with Change Control processes to make updates in prod/DR environments.
- TOAD was used for viewing the Oracle Dictionary, tables, indexes and stored procedures.
- Installed BEA patches using SmartUpdate tool, and troubleshooting application and post-installation issues.
- Installed and Configured apache, iPlanet and IIS Plug-ins for WebLogic.
- Design, Configuration and Testing of IBM MQ 6.0 Series as a foreign JMS with WebLogic Server.
- Dealt with troubleshooting of issues like Out of Memory (OOM), High CPU Utilization and Server Hang.
Environment: Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, Windows 2003, Solaris 10, Apache 2.x, JDK 1.4/1.6, IIS 6.0, TOAD, J2EE, LDAP, JDBC, JMS, XML, iPlanet 7, SiteMinder 6.0, OpenSSL, Eclipse, Wily introscope, JProbe and CVS
Confidential, Dallas, TX
WebLogic/System Administrator & Production Support Engineer
- Installed, configured and administered Oracle/BEA WebLogic Server 8.1/10.0/10.3 in various environments like Development, QA, and Production on Solaris, Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Installed and Configured JBoss Application Server 4.3 GA on Red Hat Linux 5.5.
- Installing Apache Http Server, configuring apache plug in for Weblogic and hosting application using virtual host features in apache.
- Responsible for creating Weblogic domains in Development, QA, Production from scratch.
- Performed process automation via scripting (Perl, shell scripts)
- Involved in migrating the setup from WebLogic 8.x/9.x/10.x.
- Deployed different types of applications like WAR, JAR and EAR files in Weblogic 8.x/10.x and JBoss 4.3.
- Configured Node manager to administer the Managed servers.
- Setting up the cluster environment for WebLogic Server integrated with multiple workflows.
- Configured and administered JDBC Connection Pools/Multi Pools/Data Sources on WebLogic Server 8.x/10.x.
- Created and Configured WebLogic JMS Servers, JMS Modules and Bridge to provide interoperability between WebLogic JMS and IBM MQ Series.
- Configured and administered Weblogic server with Oracle10g/Oracle RAC database.
- Developed Startup, Shutdown and Bounce scripts using WLST.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts that automate the WebLogic Administration (recycling the application server, deploying customer applications, logs rotation, monitor applications state, etc.)
- Developed scripts to monitor JVM Heap Size, JMS Messages in the Destination queues in the production environment.
- Dealt with troubleshooting issues like Server hang, Application Deadlock, Out of Memory Issue, High memory usage and High CPU.
- Provided support for production environments in activities such as load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Configured and managed secured environments using SSL and Digital certificates.
- Installed and Configured Ldap Server and integrated with Weblogic Application Server.
- Worked on Configuring channel secure CA/Netegrity Siteminder with webservers and Weblogic Applications.
- Upgraded all Production and Non Production systems to WebLogic 10.3.3(11g) from WebLogic 8.1 SP2 successfully and installed DST patches.
- Developed Crontab scripts for timely running jobs and provide server status.
- Configured BIG IP F5 Load balancer to provide high scalability, availability and reliability.
- Administrative documentation for Installation/Configuration Procedures for future use.
- Log files analysis such as WebLogic server logs, node manager logs, Plug-in logs, thread dumps, verbosegc logs for troubleshooting and Problem determination to resolve issues.
- Maintained documentation of systems configuration, procedures and practices.
- Using Remedy as the trouble ticket and change management tool.
- Worked on coordinating teamwork with the offshore application teams and Operation teams.
- Worked as a Level2/Leve3 Escalation point for any issues regarding with Weblogic for a Very High Visibility Project.
- Co-ordinate with Oracle Support team to solve the issues on time.
- Provided 24/7 on call Production Support.
Environment: Solaris9/10,RHEL4.6/5.2,Windows Server 2003/2008, WebLogic Server 7.x/8.1 SP2/SP6/10.0.0, MP1/11g,Apache 2.0/2.2,Bluestreak,JBoss4.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x, iPlanet/SunOne 4.x/6.x, IIS, JDK 1.4/1.5/1.6, JSP, Servlet, EJB, LDAP, JDBC, JMS, IBM MQ Series, HP Site Scope, BMC Remedy, Ant 1.5.1, SQL, XML, BIG IP F5 Load Balancer, Luna, Oracle coherence.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Installed and configured WebLogic Server 8.1 on Sun Solaris.
- Deployed WARS and EARS using WebLogic Admin Console as well as running scripts.
- Focal point for project design and architecture for WebLogic Application server layout, which includes Internet and Intranet Web Sites.
- Configured Node Manager to start and stop servers from admin console.
- Configured JDBC connection pools and data sources for the applications.
- Configured JMS Connection factories and Queues for messaging applications.
- Involved in monitoring and tuning performance metrics like JVM, execute threads, JDBC connections.
- Developed BEA WebLogic Application Server regular administration tasks scripts.
- Actively involved in monitoring server performance, network traffic to reduce performance bottleneck by enhanced performance ensuring upstream queuing.
- Configured the Web Server interfaces, session management, virtual hosts and transports for BEA WebLogic Application Servers.
- Create the Data Source, Connection Pool and test the Connection to connecting the DB or Not.
- Creating the User, Groups and Provide the Global Roles for that Groups or Users.
- Create the Connection Pool and Data Source for Connecting the Oracle DataBase.
- Involved in bridge calls for troubleshooting.
- Provided 24x7 on call production support.
- Created scripts to deploy applications from command line and automate log archiving.
Environment: BEA WebLogic Server 8.1 SP4, Apache HTTP Server, Solaris, Windows 2000/NT, Oracle 9.x, SQL Server 2000.
Application Development/Support Engineer
- Requirements analysis, design and development.
- Worked on preparing the detailed design document.
- Developed the User Interface using Java Server Pages (JSP), Servlets and Front Controller.
- Database design and connectivity done by using JDBC Bridge
- Wrote SQL Queries and PL/SQL procedures for the application.
- Used Eclipse for the development purpose.
- Building and Deployment of WAR, JAR files on test, stage and production servers.
- Involved in tracking and resolving Production issues.
- Configured and maintained WebLogic server with JDBC Connection Pool, JMS, JNDI, SNMP and J2EE Services.
- Installed and configured Apache Tomcat and Sun ONE (iPlanet) Web Server.
- Troubleshooting, Load balancing, Testing and Code Profiling to measure the performance of the various applications deployed in WebLogic Server.
- Developed many shell scripts to automate the maintenance process of the WebLogic and recover the backed up WebLogic configuration.
Environment: Java 1.4, WebLogic Server 8.1, Apache Tomcat, Sun One, J2EE, Web Services, LDAP, XML, Windows, SQL Server.