- Over 7+ years of IT Experience in application design, software development life cycle (SDLC), agile methodologies maintenance and enhancement of web - based applications.
- Extensive experience as designer and developer in Java & J2EE Web technologies based on Object Oriented Programming, Database Programming, Web Programming and GUI Development.
- Experienced in design and development of multi-tiered web-based applications using Java & J2EE (Core Java, JSP, Servlets, JDBC) and frameworks like Struts, Spring, JSF, MVC and Hibernate for persistence purpose.
- Expertise in Core Java concepts - Collection framework, Exception handling, IO, latest Java features, Serialization, Multi-Threading, Design Patterns, Concurrency etc.
- Good exposure to develop web applications using technologies like HTML, Java Script, CSS, AJAX, JQUERY, JSP and Taglibs for creating dynamic pages and actions.
- Good experience working on CSS Background, CSS Positioning, CSS Text, CSS Border, CSS Margin, CSS Padding, CSS Table, Pseudo Classes, Pseudo Elements and CSS Behaviors in CSS.
- Experience with Web 2.0 User Interfaces, W3C standards and specifications, and user-centered design principles.
- Experience using Python to create interactive web applications, mainly focusing at increasing performance.
- Proficient in various Agile methodologies like Test Driven Development (TDD), SCRUM, Pair Programming and Waterfall software development processes.
- Strong experience in Design, Development of several Web based applications using open source frameworks such as Struts 2.0 and Spring.
- Developed Java Beans and the JSP's using Struts, JSTL Tag libraries and Custom Tags.
- Experience in Designing end-to-end, B2B and B2C application using JEE & J2EE technologies such as Servlets, JSP, EJB, JNDI, JPA, REST, Jersey, JTA, JMS, JDBC, JAXP, JAXB.
- Experience in developing applications using Spring Framework 3.2.2, worked on different spring modules like core container module, application context module, Aspect oriented module (AOP Module), JDBC Module, ORM Module and web module.
- Good experience in development and support of Java/J2EE Web applications with emphasis on OOP-based web forms, business logic, database access components.
- Over 5 years of experience in Core Java, Multithreading and Design patterns.
- Rich experience in Presentation-tier development and support using Java scripts, JSP/Servlets for client-side validations.
- Knowledge on UNIX, Shell Scripting debugging the application and deployments.
- Hands on experience in IDE Tools: Eclipse, My Eclipse, IntelliJ, IBM RAD.
- Expertise in using ANT, Maven and Gradle for building and deploying application on the servers.
- Experience in building and deployment of EAR, WAR, JAR files on different SDLC systems in IBM WebSphere Application Server v7.
- Significant work experience in Spring Framework and middleware technologies such as EJB's, Web Services and Messaging technologies JMS and MQ like Web Sphere MQ, Active MQ.
- Hands-on experience in using various version control systems: SVN, CVS, Git and Github.
- Experienced in Software configuration management tools such as CVS, SVN, PVCS and also build script Ant.
- Experience with Web sphere MQ (Messaging Queue's), JMS (JAVA Messaging services)
- Experience in application and web servers such as Web sphere, JBoss, Apache Tomcat &UNIX.Experience with Docker Containers, leveraging Linux Containers and AMI's to create Docker Images/containers and kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Multithreading/synchronization, NoSQL Database: MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Skilled in UML use cases, class, sequence and deployment diagrams using Microsoft Visio & Rational Rose.
- Have strong experience in code debugging and bug fixing.
- Extensively used Maven and ANT as build script for application build and deployment.
- Experience in continuous build integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with unit testing using Junit and knowledge of ANT and Log4j tools.
- Very much comfortable in analysing, debugging, troubleshooting and solving problems and issues in the application.
- Communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with people at different levels including stakeholders, internal teams and senior management.
- Self-motivated, able to set priorities to achieve immediate and long-term goals.
- Experience in performing requirement analysis working with software vendors.
- Eager to learn new technologies and can easily adapt to new technologies and tools.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Involved in the complete SDLC (software development life cycle) of the application from requirement analysis to testing. Coordinate these efforts with Functional Architects.
- Developed the application using Agile/Scrum methodology, we have scrum meeting once in every two weeks where we would demo all the user stories and setup daily meetings for status updates.
- Developed the presentation and controller logic for the screens related to my user stories using JSPs, HTML, bean and form tag libraries.
- Used Spring MVC with Hibernate framework to build the application on server side.
- Used Multi-threading to overcome the errors in the process of transactions, to handle all the threads by the main thread process.
- Developed application service components and configured beans using Spring IOC.
- Developed the Payroll Reports backend pointing to Reporting database instead of main database to reduce the Database load.
- Expertise in working with server-side technologies including databases, Restful API and MVC design patterns.
- Worked on setting the SQL timeouts for the applications for a specific value and • Used JIRA tool for Issue/bug tracking, monitoring of work assignment in the system.
- Used Docker containers to quickly deploy the payroll based applications and create images and move to the Artifactory.
- Managing the artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus Repository.
- Designed and developed RESTful Services to retrieving configuration JSON documents related to customer.
- Implemented the application using Spring IOC, Spring MVC Framework, Spring Batch, Spring Cloud and Spring Boot and handled the security using Spring Security.
- Involved in writing Unit Test Cases and having good knowledge in JUnit and Mockito.
- Designed the unit test cases, supported design documents and knowledge articles and used SOAPUI and Postman as API testing tool.
- Moved the entire application to upgrade using JDK8 and Tomcat9 and upgrading the libraries. Test the whole application using the manual test cases and moved it to the production.
- Integrated GITHUB into JENKINS to automate the code check-out process using Active MQ as a JMS client to exchange messages with web services.
- Provided application support during regression testing for bug fixes and designed Junit and Mockito test for performance testing, used log4j for loggers and Splunk for monitoring and alerting.
- Involved in the creation of exhaustive JUnit Unit Test Cases for each java class that is being developed for this application using a mocking framework Mockito using Test Driven Development technique.
- Have been a part of peer code reviews among team members and participated in code analysis in order to refine the work involved to achieve the better performance.
- Participated in various combined team demos to showcase our team work.
- Implemented AppDynamics to setup the Business Transactions, Health Rules and monitor the alerts of the application.
- Mainly involved in 24x7 support, Maintenance and enhancement of application.
Java/ J2EE Developer
Confidential, New York, NY
- Followed Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Developed various screens that checks summons using Spring framework and Tiles.
- Used Struts2 framework and J2EE components to develop Action classes, frontend validations, complex reports and database interaction.
- Used EXTJs in AJAX driven websites using proxy to get the data from backend.
- Involved in developing the Angular JS MVC framework for the Single Page Application development.
- Used React JS in development of the web application to bind the data/model that is being retrieved from a database through services provided in a controller to the view using scope.
- Defined new validations through Angular JS 2.0 for the form field validation implemented through HTML5.
- Used Backbone.js to develop the front-end of the application.
- Build REST web service by building Node.js Server in the back-end to handle requests sent from the front-end jQuery Ajax calls.
- Used Tiles Framework for Presentation layer and Validation Framework for validations.
- Developed the application using Struts Framework, developed action classes, form beans and Struts-Tiles.
- Designed and coded application components in an agile environment utilizing a test-driven development (TDD) approach.
- Developed the User Interface Screens for presentation using Ajax, JSF, JSP and HTML.
- Wrote various Struts Framework Action classes for interfacing with the business logic, form beans for presenting the data to JSPs.
- Used Spring web MVC to implement MVC architecture.
- Implemented Spring Security for authentication and authorization.
- Developed end to end application on spring boot framework (Rest Api Application/Spring JPA using Crud repository)
- Implemented the persistence layer using Hibernate and configured Hibernate with Spring to interact with the Database from the DAO.
- Developed Hibernate mapping files using different mapping strategies such as table per class hierarchy.
- Used Hibernate, Object Relational-Mapping (ORM) solution, technique of mapping data representation from MVC model to Oracle Relational Data Model with a SQL-based Schema.
- Designed and developed the web application using Spring security, Spring-ORM module to integrate with Hibernate and Spring JMS module to produce and consume messages.
- Experience in configuring and administering MQ-Series and experience in developing messaging systems using JMS.
- Developed HQLs and Named Queries and wrote Data Access Object (DAO) to handle HQL queries.
- Used Web Services - WSDL and SOAP for client side for exchange rate calculation.
- Implemented Spring Transactions along with Spring ORM for database transactions.
- Performed database operations and queries using Oracle 11g.
- Extensively used TOAD for database handling and validating.
- Extensively worked with Oracle database, created and worked with various database objects like Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views, Materialized Views, dblinks, external tables, Materialized Views etc..
- Web Services testing using SOAP UI tool and Simulator as a part of unit testing.
- Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining Apache and MYSQL on AWS Cloud Servers.
- Wrote services to store and retrieve user data from the MongoDB for the application on devices.
- Experience in designing and working with robust SharePoint applications.
- Used Maven for application build and war file generation.
- Automated build scripts using Maven for Java and J2EE Applications,
- Creating environment for user-acceptance testing and facilitating Integration and User Acceptance Testing with JUNIT.
- Developed and tested the applications on JBoss Application Server.
- Code Reviews, customization and maintenance of code across applications.
- Responsible for release of code into production and its integration with other Applications.
- Identifying and developing test cases and test scripts to perform load tests for Performance and regression testing.
Java/ J2EE Developer
Confidential, North Brook, IL
- Involved in the design, feature estimations and software Requirements Specifications.
- Developed class diagrams, use case diagrams and sequence diagrams using UML/STAR UML.
- Developed web interface for user's modules using JSP, HTML, XML, CSS, Java script, AJAX.
- Extensively worked on CORE JAVA (Collections of Generics and Templates, Interfaces for passing data from GUI Layer to Business Layer)
- Application was designed and developed in Struts framework with Struts Tiles which is based on MVC pattern.
- Implementation of Spring Restful web services which produces JSON.
- Developed Rest API using Spring 4.0, modified the same to spring boot as per the Company standards.
- Good experience in developing EXTJs applications with extensive server calls using AJAX.
- Extensively worked on ES6 new features such as Arrow functions, Classes, Iterators and Generators.
- Developed application Specific thread safe XML APIs XML Document Builder and parser utils, validators using java DOM Parser which is used among the components.
- Developed business logic and entity beans to manage the transactions with the database to deliver the content to presentation layer and also to store the data into the data layer.
- Implemented DAO (Data Access Object) design pattern to access data from Oracle.
- Development process the SCRUM, Iterative Agile methodologies for web application.
- Involved in consuming, producing SOAP based web services using JAX-WS.
- Developed using J2EE design patterns like Command Pattern, Session Façade, Business Delegate, Service Locator, Data Access Object and value object patterns.
- Implemented Spring MVC, IOC & AOP. Consumed Web Services for loan application processing by implementing Spring's REST support is to make the development of RESTful Web services.
- Mapped the objects with the database using Hibernate Query Language (HQL) as the persistence Frame work.
- Worked on Jenkins pipeline to create nightly build pipeline to run automated regression and smoke tests at specified interval of time.
- Deployed web and enterprise applications on Jboss application server in a channel secure environment.
- Developed stored procedures using PL/SQL.
- Built database Model, Views and API's using Python for interactive web-based solutions.
- Developed the automatic build scripts using ANT for the application to deploy and test.
- Used log4j for debugging the application.
- Involved configuration of data source and deployment of application in development, Test and Production.
- Deriving Test Scenarios, Documenting Test Cases and Collecting Test Data for Functional Testing.
- CVS for version Controlling.
- Involved in configuration setting for Development, Test and Production Environment.
- Used J-Unit test cases to test the application and performed random checks to analysis the portability, reliability, and flexibility of the project.
- Mainly involved in 24x7 support, Maintenance and enhancement of application.
Confidential, Framingham, MA
- Involved in the development using JAVA/J2EE Technologies, Web services, Hibernate Framework.
- Developed the application using Spring Framework which is based on the MVC Design pattern.
- Design and development of objects using Object Oriented Design in java.
- Developed action and form classes based on Struts framework to handle the pages.
- Developed UI Using JSP, HTML, XHTML, XSLT, JQuery, AngularJS and Java script to simplify the complexities of the application.
- Utilizing React JS to develop customer service application to facilitate real time data and report transfer application.
- Given major contribution in client-side coding using Angular.js framework and specific framework
- Extensively used CSS and Bootstrap for styling the HTML Elements.
- Extensively used Hibernate Query Language (HQL) and Criteria based queries to work with Oracle databases.
- Created Security certificates and established secured connections between Application servers and Web Servers.
- Used Spring Boot for developing MVC application.
- Backend scripting/parsing using Perl and Python.
- Configured springapp-servlet.xml, web.xml Spring specific deployment descriptor.
- Deployed and tested on OC4J and Web Sphere application server.
- Configured database with hibernate.cfg.xml & database mapping with hbm.xml
- Involved in trouble shooting and customer support.
- Developed the Spring AOP Programming to configure logging for the application.
- Worked on REST Framework to create web services.
- Developing the SPRING REST based web services which support functionality requirements.
- Implemented web security based on roles.
- Implemented Maven to manage project dependencies and build management.
- Developed a continuous deployment pipeline using Jenkins and shell scripts
- Designed Database schema and created complex SQL queries, Procedure for creating, reading, updating and deleting data in Oracle 11g.
- Used Subversion for software version control.
- Created test plans and Junit test cases and test suite for testing the application
- Worked in agile environment with active Scrum participation.
- Developed the application using MVC-1 Architecture using JSP 1.7, Servlet2.5 and EJB2.0.
- Involved in multi-tiered J2EE design utilizing Spring Inversion of Control (IOC) architecture and Hibernate.
- Generated Hibernate XML files for the configured beans. The business logic was written in EJB DAO classes and the service layer classes were configured in Spring-service.xml.
- Implemented transaction management for ORM project using Spring Transaction Management API.
- Implemented logging using log4j and Spring AOP.
- Implemented various cross-project functionalities using Spring AOP.
- Participated in client requirement gathering in SCRUM environment.
- Developed Class diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using UML 1.1.
- Preparation of the Low-Level Design document which include program specification and unit test plan.
- Extensively used of core Java Collections, Generics, Exception Handling, and Design Patterns for functionality, such as portfolio summary and user information.
- Developed HTML 2.0 and JSP 1.7 pages for user interaction and data presentation.
- Defined the presentation semantics of the document written in a markup language using CSS 2.
- Used the data binding, workbench and update manager of the Eclipse RCP 3.x.
- Developed JSPs 1.7 to implement the business logic and used Java Beans 2.0 to retrieve the data.
- Coded Enterprise Java Beans 2.0, which implemented business rules and business logic.
- Developed the Java 1.3 classes and JavaBeans 2.0.
- Created tables in the Oracle database 7.
- Wrote conversion scripts using SQL stored procedures, functions and packages to migrate data from SQL server database to Oracle database.
- Deployed the application (EAR) on Weblogic Application Server v8 using Eclipse 3.1 as IDE.
- Performed Unit Testing and Integration Testing of the application using JUnit 3.7.
- Used CVS 1.10 for source code version control.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Supported Maintenances and bug fixes.
- Followed the Agile and Scrum development methodologies.
- Integrated the Java code (API) in JSP Pages.
- Used jQuery core library functions for the logical implementation part at client side for all the application.
- Debug the application using Firebug to traverse the documents and manipulated the Nodes using DOM and DOM Functions using Firefox and IE Developer Tool bar for IE.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries, Stored Procedures.