Fast - learned, problem-solved, results-driven, articulate Software Developer who can think “out of the box” with 5+ years of programming experience in a variety of roles across a number of industries & academia. Creative & critical thinker, problem solver. Strong written and verbal communications. Seeking a challenging technical track career in a growing environment.
Fast learner, How to google & stand on the shoulders of giants, GTD, Creative
Core: AI, Cloud Computing, Big data, Mobile, Social network, Business Intelligence, Data Structure, Algorithm, Programming Paradigms, Design Pattern, Open Source, Architecture, Scalability, Computer Security, Graphic, Animation
Methodologies: DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Prototype model
Languages: JAVA, Python, C, C++, SQL, Perl, Shell, Python, Ruby, wolfram language
Tools: ADT Bundle(Android SDK+Eclipse with Android Developer Tools), SharePoint, Linux/Unix/Mac/Windows,Eclipse/MS VS(MFC, .NET), Spring/Hibernate/Junit, Maven, JSON, Git, Vim/Emacs/Notepad++, SAX, DOM, jQuery AJAXDB MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle 10g, Hadoop, MongoDB, Dynamo, Neo4J, Azure, RiakSoftware LAMP/MAMP/WAMP, Tomcat, Apache server, REST
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Software Developer/DevOps Engineer
- Responsibility: In this start-up culture team, a lot of my job is POC(proof of concept). Whenever a new problem/tool emerges, I am the 1st guy to learn it + build a MVP(Minimum viable product)+ demo it to whole team + teach all teammates + Q&A to ensure all teammates have know-how .
- AWS Server Log Pivot System by script on Jenkins
- Deployed Ansible for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- AWS Server Performance Testing
- Implementing BlazeMeter, JMeter based infrastructure including: Architecting the load testing infrastructure, hardware & software integration with BlazeMeter.
- Managed Ansible infrastructure through major version upgrades. Refactored Ansible code to leverage new features.
- DB-driven Python applications; Data transformation and validation tool development.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Testing Cookbooks with Test Kitchen and Docker containers even before uploading to chef server.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Back-end Developer/DevOps Engineer
- Gaining expertise in large scale application development, reaching towards 140 million+ users.
- Cruising towards becoming a well rounded software engineer using Agile as the forefront, from Development to Release.
- Designing, Facilitating development and implementing payment features from ground up
- Built a new CI pipeline. Testing and deployment automation with Docker, Jenkins, and Puppet
Environment: Java, Spring, Junit, PowerMockito, Jersey, GSON, SLF4J/Log4J2, GitHub, JMeter, Tomcat, SonarQube, Jenkins, Confidential internal tools.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Developed a search engine
- Auto completion, Search data statistics, trending keywords, key data logging.
Environment: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Junit, Mockito, Jersey, GSON, Hazelcast, SLF4J/Log4J2, Git, Jetty, Tomcat, MS SQL Server
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Software Developer/Mobile Full-stack Developer
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Serves up millions of impressions per day and collects a lot of data.
- Architected and developed a scalable, cost effective, and fault tolerant data ware house system on Amazon EC2 Cloud.
- Developed MapReduce/EMR jobs to analyze the data and provide heuristics and reports for improving campaign targeting and efficiency.
Environment: Hadoop, Hbase, Sqoop, Scribe, Java, Map Reduce, Amazon EC2 infrastructure, Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), MySQL, shell scripts
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Programmed C++ on MS VS to implement a series of animation motion control systems and a 3D rendering engine on OpenGL.
- Work with Chef automation to create infrastructure and deploy application code changes autonomously.
- Developed a Customer Relationships Management(CRM) System with JAVA and Oracle 10g.
- Presented a paper entitled “Cloud Computing Issues and Implementations,”
- Create Chef coding best practices for existing dev team .
- Develop Infrastructure Automation using Opscode Chef and create a deployment strategy for various locations worldwide.
- Served on Routing Team for a government-level project entitled “Next-Generation Network on Vector Address,” and supervised routing simulation on Linux/Unix/Mac/Windows. Offered 2 innovative solutions to promote robustness, space and time efficiency by 15%.
- Developed an Encrypt and Decrypt System on MS VS (MFC, .NET), which allows users to select diverse algorithms and modes to protect confidentiality and integrity of critical information.
- Programmed JAVA to build a Registration System on Linux/Unix that improved efficiency by 30%.