- Senior software development engineer, data architect, data engineer, solution and cloud architect with over 18 years of experience that includes developing data intense applications as well as building and leading technical teams to successfully deliver challenging data intense software development and migration projects.
- Skilled at all aspects of data engineering, software design and development supported by a demonstrated expertise in application delivery planning, design and development.
- Ability to effectively solve complicated technology problems and rapidly learn required technologies.
- Strong understanding of IT’s role in achieving overall client business goals and a track record successfully gaining and fostering the confidence of clients.
- Provides high quality training and coaching in relational databases, data engineering, cloud technologies, cloud security, software architecture and agile methodology.
- Always excited about learning new technologies and solving challenging technical problems.
- Data Engineering Data Warehouses Data Lakes Data Pipelines Serverless Data Processing
- Data Architecture Distributed Data Processing Data Quality Data Security Cloud Data
- Solution Architecture Enterprise Architecture Cloud Architecture Serverless Architecture
- Data Architecture & Modeling Database Administration & Performance Optimization
- Logical and Physical Database Design Database High Availability and DR Microservices
- Data Integration ETL SQL Database Development Python and SQL Application Development
- Reporting and Analytics Real - time Analytics Data Visualization Enterprise Integration
- Big Data Hadoop Spark Basic Data Science and Machine Learning with Python and R
Hardware: AWS Cloud, Server Hardware, Oracle Exadata Appliance, Network Hardware
Software: Hadoop, Hive, Presto, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Exadata, AWS (S3, IAM, Glue, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, EC2, Step Functions, DynamoDB, Athena, API Gateway, CloudFormation, CloudWatch), Pig, Spark, Cassandra, Microsoft SQL Server, Solr, Elasticsearch, Redis, Airflow, Control-M, ERWIN, Kafka, Kibana, Tableau, Pentaho, Talend, OS Windows, OS Solaris, OS Linux (Ubuntu, SLES, Oracle, RHEL, Confidential Linux), Mac OS X
Languages: SQL, Python, Bash, Java, R, PowerShell, Scala
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Senior Database Consultant \ Senior Data Architect
- Design and implement data management layer (SQL, Python) and application architecture for customer workloads and internal AWS applications
- Design and build Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, Operational Data Stores, Document stores using Hadoop (AWS EMR), Hive, Presto, AWS S3
- Analyze data sources and build datasets to efficiently solve customer problems
- Design data schemas and API (Python, Node.js, SQL, PL\SQL) to manage large-scale datasets
- Design and build data integration solutions (AWS Lambda, Python, SQL, Presto, Hadoop)
- Build reliable and performant data pipelines (AWS Lambda, AWS Step Functions, Python, SQL, Spark, Airflow, AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Database Migration Service)
- Define scalable data management infrastructure in form of CloudFormation templates (YAML)
- Experiment with data management technologies and build prototypes to assess solution qualities
- Collect and generalize data management and migration patterns
- Provide data engineering training and hands-on labs for customers and AWS employees
Confidential, Cary, NC
Lead Data Architect / Lead Solution Architect
- Perform a varied technical lead role on a major program to develop a software platform utilizing advanced enterprise services and hardware for Confidential trade and settlement processing across all regions.
- Provide technical leadership for all projects within the program including analyzing customer and stakeholder requirements, identifying complexity of changes, reviewing design proposals, and developing and applying architecture principles, policies and processes.
- Streamline and automate development lifecycle processes.
- Play leading role in a team of 8 developers and QA specialists and provide major contributions to planning, design and development activities for all team projects including creating and reviewing component design and developing code.
- Assist in recruitment and build and train a high performance technical team.
- Improved capacity and performance through the planning and successful migration of a vendor application for a large platform component from Oracle 10g with COBOL to Oracle Exadata with Java hosted on enterprise cloud service despite component complexity and a lack of documentation.
- Designed and developed an extremely customizable database engine for the bank-wide standardization of financial reporting. Ensured the rapid processing of enormous amounts of data while avoiding complicating the platform architecture.
- Increased platform capacity, reduced data delivery delays and decreased processing time from hours to minutes by optimizing the performance of long running reports and ETL processes on Oracle and Oracle Exadata.
Lead Database Developer / Senior Solution Architect / Senior Data Architect
- Provided key contributions to numerous major programs and designed applications for the bank’s Sales & Research, Listed Derivatives, and Risk functions.
- Utilized deep technical expertise across all areas of design and prototyping of database components, data modeling, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL development, query performance tuning, and database performance optimization.
- Collaborated effectively with numerous technical teams across multiple regions on highly challenging projects that included a risk analysis and trading system for Confidential and Loan products, a transaction repository and vesting system for Confidential products, and a market risk models Informer.
- Developed a sales performance analysis application for the Sales & Research department that gathered data from hundreds of sources and provided complex and efficient reporting while implementing comprehensive rules.
- Re-engineered a legacy platform for the Listed Derivatives department through implementation of an efficient cloud based and high performance application that processed 60 million transactions per day.
- Designed and implemented high performance and high scalability database components and API for an application for the Risk department that worked seamlessly with a multithreaded Java application without causing performance logjams.
Lead Database Developer / Senior Data Architect
- Directed a high performance team of lead developers and designers and managed all solution architecture initiatives.
- Performed data modeling, component prototyping and requirements negotiation.
- Oversaw solution component design reviews, solution and data quality control, and technical risk management.
- Planned external system integrations as well as technical research.
- Utilized Oracle Exadata X2-2 to develop a distributed information system that processed up to 2000 business transactions per second and performed as a core element of a complex STP system for post-trade processing of listed derivatives for in-house and vendor trading platforms.
Lead Database Developer / Senior Data Architect
- Supervised the database development team across all phases of program delivery.
- Oversaw data flow management and performed data modeling, requirement analysis, database server components design and Oracle SQL and PL/SQL development.
- Key activities included: database performance tuning, database problem resolution, storage performance/capacity/failover planning, database deployment management, development risks management and resource planning.
- Led all database development team activities on implementation of a central repository for listed derivative and OTC derivative transactions which included a matching engine, integrated business monitoring and exception management.
Senior Database Developer / Data Architect
- Designed and developed a trade transaction warehouse with data transformation as well as complex matching and rule-based logic to provide revenue calculation and analysis for sales personnel performance management, sales research and client relationship management. Activities included application L3 support and maintenance, database performance tuning, code refactoring and component re-engineering.
- Designed and implemented components processing trade transaction information from hundreds of source systems using complex ETL processing and extensible matching and rule engines.
- Designed and implemented data warehouse with several terabytes of standardized data available for high-performance multi-dimensional analysis.