- 8 years of IT experience in various applications design, development, implementation and maintenance of Web based n - tier architecture systems using Java/J2EE for enterprise applications.
- Involved in all the phases of SDLC including Analysis, Design, Programming, Building, Testing, Debugging and Maintenance.
- Good working knowledge of Extreme Programming using Agile, Waterfall methodology with iterative and incremental software development.
- Extensive experience in various Java/J2EE technologies including Core Java, J2EE, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Struts, spring and Hibernate.
- Extensive Experience working with spring, Struts, JSF and O/R mapping Hibernate frameworks.
- Advance knowledge of NoSQL, SQL Queries using Hibernate framework with Spring ORM in interaction with the Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Experienced in using Spring Framework (Spring Core, Spring Model View Control, Spring IOC, Spring ORM, Spring Web flow, Spring Data Access Object)
- Excellent knowledge of design patterns (Model View Controller, Singleton, Factory pattern, Session Façade and Data Access Object (DAO)
- Experience in creating a Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) request and making a WSDL call.
- Experience with implementing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using SOAP and REST Web Services.
- Experience in working with RESTFULL Web Services.
- Strong Java GUI/SWING development experience for Creating User Interface.
- Proficiency in developing Web applications using Servlets, JSP, JDBC, EJB2.0/3.0, web services using JAX-WS2.0 and JAX-RS APIS.
- Hands-on experience with industry-standard IDEs like Eclipse, WSAD, RAD, NetBeans, TOAD.
- Hands-on experience in developing SQL queries and implementing them in various Relational Databases like SQL Server 2008, MySQL and Oracle 10g/11i.
- Experience in creating Use-Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams in UML and Rational Rose.
- Experience in writing SQL queries and PL/SQL Programming (Stored Procedures, Cursors and Triggers)
- Experience in using JSON, XML and XSL for implementing Web Services.
- Experience in JUnit to develop unit testing and debugging of application.
- Experienced in deploying applications on Apache Tomcat, JBoss 4.x, WebSphere and WebLogic.
- Experience in using IDE's like Eclipse and NetBeans, integration with Maven
- Strong experience with Version Control like GitHub, SVN and CVS
- Proficient in Object Oriented Programming, software configuration and maintenance.
- Have solid testing experience in unit testing, integration testing and automation testing.
- Capable of quick learning and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team with good communication and inter personnel skills.
- QA experience in all phases of life cycle, including requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management, and reporting.
- Excellent Technical, Communication and Interpersonal Skills with strong Customer Orientation and Client Interfacing Skills.
Languages: Java, J2EE, C, C++
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, EJB, JMS, JNDI, Web Services, JDBC, SOAPORM technology Hibernate
App/Web servers: Apache Tomcat 5.x, IBM WebSphere 7.x, OC4J
Frameworks: Jakarta Struts, spring, IBM JADE, Log4J, SLF4J
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, My SQL and IBM DB2
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux
Web Services: SOAP, REST, WADL, XML, JSON
Source Control Tools: WinCVS, Serena Dimension, SVN
Testing Tools: HP Load Runner, SOAP UI
Other Tools: FileZilla, BugZilla, Putty, Rapid SQL, IBM DB2 client, CISM, JIRA, SQL Developer
IDEs: IBM WSAD 7.5, Eclipse, JDeveloper, IntelliJ, Borland Together Architect
Methodology: Waterfall, Agile methodology
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
Sr. Java Developer
- Involved in Full Life Cycle of Software Development from Analysis through Design, Development, Integration and testing phases.
- System built using Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture. Implemented the application using the concrete principles laid down by several design patterns such as Session Façade, Business Delegate, Bean Factory, Singleton, and Observer.
- Added features to the Spring Security Module.
- Developed Web services to allow communication between applications through REST over HTTP using Metro.
- Designed and implemented application using JSP, Spring MVC, JNDI, Spring IOC.
- Implemented transaction management using Spring AOP.
- Used Spring Aspects for implementing functionalities like logging functionality.
- Configured JPA to use Hibernate as ORM tool.
- Used jQuery to simplify the client-side scripting of HTML and used DOJO widgets package for handling browser incompatibilities and IO package for AJAX support.
- Configured Maven dependencies for application building processes
- Used AngularJS directives to extend HTML to create the foundation for rich and complex web application.
- Worked on retail and merchandising website to update the goods and services.
- Used Web services - REST for getting credit card information from third party.
- The Restful web services have been used to retrieve and update the data using Ajax.
- Used UNIX commands and shell scripting.
- Used Maven to build application and deploy on the server
- Used AGILE methodology and actively participated in Scrum meetings to produce quality deliverables within time.
- Created object modeling using UML2. Created Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Activity Diagrams to describe the relationship that exists among system's object in accordance with the business requirements.
- Implemented different types of spring controllers as per application requirements.
- Implemented Spring Validators, persistence layer, and service layer components using Spring/Hibernate API and Spring/Hibernate annotations. Extensively used Hibernate QL.
- Extensively used Spring IOC, configured Application Context files and performed database object mapping using Hibernate annotations.
- Designed RESTful web services with JSON representation for handling AJAX requests Used Advanced Rest Client plug-in to run the rest API’s on localhost Tomcat Server for Unit testing
- Performed application security auditing (SAST & DAST) to ensure security of applications.
- Implemented PL/SQL queries and used oracle stored procedures.
- Provided production support for the application and coordinated with cross functional teams.
- Used Sub version control tool.
- Used Maven for project builds.
- Deployed applications on WebSphere Application Server and performed required configuration changes.
- Implemented monitoring and established best practices around usage of Elastic search.
- Worked in Test Driven Development (TDD) using JUnit.
- Used Log4j to capture the log that includes runtime exception and for logging info and are helpful in debugging the issues.
- Involved in multiple high priority releases with aggressive deadlines.
Confidential, Foster City, CA
Sr. Java J2EE Developer
- Involved in SDLC Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Development and testing of application using AGILE methodology (SCRUM) and TDD Development.
- Involved in design discussions and understanding of business requirements and identify the relevant functional and technical requirements.
- Used JAX-RS (REST) for producing web services and involved in writing programs to consume the web services using SOA with CXF framework
- Created controller Servlets for handling HTTP requests from JSP pages.
- Configured bamboo automating the builds into Gradle archival repository.
- Implemented the business logic using various Design patterns.
- Developed the entire application web-based client implementing MVC Architecture using spring framework.
- Implemented Object-relation mapping in the persistence layer using Hibernate frame work in conjunction with spring functionality.
- Used Spring framework to inject the DAO and Bean objects, auto wiring the components.
- Worked on development of Hibernate, including mapping files, configuration file and classes to interact with the database.
- Used ANT for building the application and deployed on Application Server
- Implemented dozer bean mapping for mapping the domain objects.
- Used SQL, HQL Queries in Java code to do select/update/delete depending upon the business requirement.
- Created ANT archetypes for generating fully functional RESTful web services supporting both XML and JSON message transformation
- Implemented Web-Services to integrate between different applications (internal and third party components using RESTFul services.
- Also used Stored procedures connecting to the database using spring JDBC.
- Involved in the Pair Programming with the Other Person in the Agile Methodology and TDD.
- Responsible for modifying existing xml schema definition as per client’s requirements.
- Extensively worked with XML schema, XSL/XSLT, XML to navigate in XML documents, and DOM4J to process and parse xml files.
- Extensively worked on XML Altova Map Force for the transformations of xml to xslt.
- Used XPATH to navigate through Attributes and Elements in an XML Document.
- Used JAXB to marshal and unmarshal the xml-java object, java objects-xml
- Extensively used JSP to develop schema viewer applications.
- Used Git as source control management giving a huge speed advantage on centralized systems that have to communicate with a server.
- Used Advanced Rest Client plug-in to run the rest API’s on localhost Tomcat Server for Unit testing
- Used Gradle as a build tool automating the building, testing, publishing and deployment loading all the dependencies from the nexus artifact repository.
- A WebSphere JNDI naming tree is maintained for the external configuration of a service.
- Enabling XA transactions to achieve consistency for the services connecting to fineos and i-series database.
- Used multithreaded environment to run the processes asynchronously using different future calls to access the data.
- Good hands on UNIX commands, used to see the log files on the production server.
- Developed several shell Scripts to automate file transfers.
- Involved in developing Unit Test cases and testing the Application using REST.
- Used Mockito for mock creation, verification and stubbing.
- Used Log4j to capture the log that includes runtime exception and for logging info and are helpful in debugging the issues.
- Involved in the complete life cycle of the project from the requirements to the production support.
- Deployed the complete Web and enterprise applications in WebSphere Server.
Environment: Core Java, Java Beans, J2EE, REST, Spring, CXF, Hibernate, Angular JS, Ajax, JQuery, JSP, XSD, XML Bean, WebSphere, Eclipse Juno, DB2, JUnit, Log4J, Unix, Git, Gradle, Altova map Force 2014, REST, Log Expert, Spring Framework security using LDAP, Oracle ADF Business components, ADF faces.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Reviewed the functional, non-functional requirements and high level designs.
- Worked with Agile Methodologies.
- Used Spring Web flow for integration purpose in application development.
- SOAP UI is used for web services testing.
- Developed and integrated with server components using Spring, Hibernate.
- Developed user interfaces using JSF UI components, Validators, Events and Listeners.
- Developed sever side validations using JSF.
- Extensively worked with core java like collections, String Builder and interfaces.
- Developed code participating in different layers of the application such as JSPs for presentation, Servlets as controller and EJBs for holding business logic.
- Compiled and built the application using Maven scripts and deployed the application.
- Implemented Hash table and hash set for inserting and retrieving values.
- Extensively used Spring and Hibernate in Spring MVC.
- Implemented enterprise applications using WSDL, SOAP and XML schema.
- Developed different design methodology such as MVC patterns.
- Used Hibernate for Object mapping.
- Developed Message Driven Beans as Queue listeners for JMS queues.
- Worked extensively in the backend SQL Server database.
- Used Log4J for any errors in the application
- Analyze and fix issues related to Soap Web services and Application responses
- Used HTML, CSS and Java Script for developing user interface.
- Used Spring Batch for scheduling and maintenance of batch jobs.
- Used MAVEN as build management tool.
- Used WSDL to post the services in the UDDI.
- Worked with XPATH when need to identify objects in the screen.
- Developed lookup tables and views to speed up queries.
- Provide critical support to current order management systems being used as and when required.
- Worked in Quality analysis and testing.
Confidential, NYC NY
- Gathered business requirements, authored High Level Design (HLD) and Detailed Design (DLD) for each independent module of the project.
- Developed Sequence and Class Diagrams using Rational Rose software.
- Used Spring Framework extensively for Controller and View components.
- While using Spring as Application Level Framework, Hibernate is used as persistence Framework.
- Implemented design Patterns like Singleton, Factory, Template and DAO patterns.
- Implemented Spring Beans using IOC and transaction management features to handle the business logic.
- Interfaced using Web services, SOAP for producing and consuming the data information from other subsystems with in the courts.
- Wrote persistent Hibernate mapping classes using annotations approach.
- Worked on Oracle as back end database for storing the application data.
- Worked on Subversion as version control system for maintaining uniformity of application code among the developers.
- Extensive use of MAVEN to build and deploy the application into QA environment and production environment.
- Worked on IBM Clear Quest for tracking the issues.
- Implemented Log4j mechanism for logging at different modules within the application.
- Involved in deploying and testing the application in JBoss application server.
- Involved in troubleshooting technical issues, conduct code reviews, and enforce best practices.
- Maintained, developed and fixed bugs for applications.
- Created Web service methods and also worked on with making changes to the WSDL and soap protocols as required by the design for the application
- Implemented Maven Script to create JAR, WAR, EAR & dependency JARS and deploy the entire project onto the Web logic Application Server
- Documented and unit tested website code and applications.
- Developed assigned components in accordance with the requirements and detailed designs.
- Collaborated with a team of developers to build a multi-tier complex Enterprise Java components and ecosystems.
- Developed software solutions according to the quality and delivery standards of the program.
Environment: Java, JEE, Spring MVC, Spring Web flow, Spring, Spring Security, Spring Batch, Hibernate ORM, JPA, Maven, XML, Ajax, Taglibs, LDAP, Web Services, Oracle Database, JBoss AS, JUnit, Log4J, Eclipse based Spring Source Tool Suite (STS), Apache tomcat.
- Understanding Use requirements participating in design discussions, implementation feasibility analysis both at the front-end and backend level, documenting requirements.
- Using RUP and Rational Rose, developed Use Cases, created Class, Sequence and UML diagrams.
- Application Modeling, developing Class diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Architecture / Deployment diagrams using IBM Rational Software Modeler and publishing them to a web perspective with Java Doc.
- Participation did in Design Review sessions for development / implementation discussions.
- Designed & coded Presentation (GUI) JSP's with Struts tag libraries for Creating Product Service Components (Health Care Codes) using RAD.
- Written and debugged the ANT Scripts for building the entire web application
- Developing Test Cases and unit testing using JUnit
- Involved in java multithreading to cascade multiple changes on multiple records in only one transaction and developed a batch process framework Used WSDL and SOAP protocol for Web Services implementation.
- Coded Action classes, Java Beans, Service layers, Business delegates, to implement business logic with latest features of JDK1.5 such as Annotations and Generics.
- Appropriate use of Session handling, data Scope levels within the application.
- Designed and developed DAO layer with Hibernate3.0 standards, to access data from IBM DB2 database through JPA(Java Persistence API) layer creating Object-Relational Mappings and writing PL/SQL procedures and functions
- Integrating Spring injections for DAOs to achieve Inversion of Control, updating Spring Configurations for managing Java objects using callbacks
- Application integration with Spring Web Services to fetch data from external Benefits application using SOA architecture, configuring WSDL based on SOAP specifications and marshalling and un-marshalling using JAXB
- Prepared and executed JUNIT test cases to test the application service layer operations before DAO integration
- Automated the build and deployment process using ANT build script
- Creating test environments with WAS for local testing using test profile. And interacting with Software Quality Assurance (SQA) end to report and fix defects using Rational Clear Quest.
- Creating views and updating code to IBM Rational Clear case for Source code control.
- Solving QA defects, scheduling fixes, providing support to production application.