- Professional Consultant with over 8+ years of IT experience, with more than 5+ years’ experience of ServiceNow Developer and administrator.
- In depth knowledge in Configuring, Customizing, Upgrading ServiceNow tool (including MSP instances) for various ITIL Processes like Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request, Asset and Configuration management.
- Valuable Experience of creating custom ServiceNow Portals, widgets, writing client and server - side validations using all possible scripts present in ServiceNow such as business rules, Client scripts.
- Direct hands on experience on various IT Services of Service-Now tool like Service Catalog Requests, Asset Management, Configuration Management, Discovery/ITOM, ServiceNow Administration, Knowledge Management, Reporting, Gauges, Integration with Web Services.
- Designed Developed and implemented path for migrating Legacy Configuration Item and Asset Information and functionality to ServiceNow and integrate the migrated data with discovery and Business Service Mapping (Service Watch).
- Prioritize the right Projects and programs PPM can guide decision-makers to strategically prioritize, plan, and control enterprise portfolios.
- Experience in configuring Discovery Schedules and worked on discovery and set up mid servers and check for the connectivity.
- Worked on the latest release ISTANBUL, JAKARTA, KINGSTON which is the advanced release.
- Expertise in Universe designing, developing and generating complex, Adhoc, dashboard Reports, modification of CMS, Service Portal.
- Good hands on experience on ITIL, ITSM framework, strong understanding of the ITIL framework and all phases of the service lifecycle.
- Handled all levels of system administration including gathering requirements, project planning, budgeting, code implementation, development testing, change management and training for the ITSM tool.
- Handled all levels of System integration experience using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP.
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies, web applications, networks, protocols and email (SMTP, POP3)
- Experience in configuring, integration Project Portfolio Suite(PPS).
- Experience in implementation of workflow, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management and Service Catalog on various business applications.
- Experience in Creation and maintenance of Service Catalog/Portal Items in support of CMDB/ITOM projects.
- Experience in installing, configuration and administration of CMDB/ITOM.
- Experience in integrating LDAP Server with ServiceNow to get the organizational Users, Groups, and Roles.
- Experience using DISCOVERY to load configuration information to CMDB, as well as manage data with import sets and update sets, comfortable deploying discoveries in a multi-datacenter environment, Service Portal.
- Software configuration/ customization including UI customization, workflow administration, data imports, custom scripting, implementing new functionality, homepage customization.
- Experience in Troubleshooting and supporting ServiceNow modules and components.
- Responsible for operations in UNIX and Linux Server Environments.
Process Flows & CallTracking Tools: ITIL incident management service processes; HEAT; Remedy; Zendesk, ITIL ITSM, ServiceNow Discovery/ITOM, CMS, LDAP.
Programming Languages: Java, J2EE, Servlets & Spring frameworks
Software Methodologies: SDLC, Waterfall, Agile, Scrum
Project Management Tools: MS Project, Ms Visio
Scripting Libraries: Scripting Languages Python, Perl, jQuery, Java Script, UNIX Shell Script
Databases: Oracle, MYSQL, SQL Server 2012
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, JSP, JSF, CSS
Operating systems: Linux, Windows
Application servers: JBoss, Tomcat, Weblogic
Packages: MSOffice (Word, Access, Excel Outlook and PowerPoint).
Confidential, Denver, CO
Sr. ServiceNow Developer
- Built service watch dashboards in Service watch .
- Performed integration between service watch and ServiceNow CMDB.
- Modelled and developed service maps within the platform.
- Integrated service watch with monitoring solutions.
- Developed ServiceNow integrations for Single Sign-On (SSO), xmatters, Office 365 integration using Orchestration, LDAP, BDNA (Technopedia) and Software Center (SCCM) integration. Developed custom integrations using REST and SOAP APIs, complex workflows, proficient in MID server configuration.
- Design and implement business solutions on the ServiceNow ITSM platform.
- Integration with other ServiceNow instances and other systems like Netcool, Autosys, Azure.
- Implemented Discovery from scratch and managed operations, installed MID Servers on remote desktops.
- Worked on Orchestration and service mapping.
- Maintained the ServiceNow modules and software licensing functionality.
- Worked with reporting and configuring service level agreements (SLAs).
- Worked on Workflow administration, Reporting, Form/UI configurations, Notifications, data imports, custom scripting.
- Involved in designing and configuring new functionality using Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Policies, Access Lists in Service Now
- Worked on ServiceNow components such as Service Desk, Change Management, Asset Management, CMDB, Knowledge Management, Mobility, and Service Request Management.
- Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL and other such technologies.
- Worked on integrating ServiceNow with external SOAP and REST based web services
- Used JMS integration to fulfill the requirement, worked on Scheduled Jobs and Mid Server Script Includes to fulfill the requirements
- Worked with windows team, network team and Asset team to verify the data collected via DISCOVERY
- Created various workflows for Incident, Problem, and Change Management Service Requests.
- Created UI Pages, Macros for CMS using Angular JS, HTML and CSS.
- Coordinated ServiceNow environment/form back-end customizations. Notified clients and updated documentation.
- Responsible for closing the open Incidents, Problems and Enhancement requests and communicating with the customer the status of the request, to ensure a timely customer satisfying result.
- Responsible for providing analysis of problems and resolutions or fixes for the production issues related to Service Now platform within the Service Level Agreement.
- Created Event transforming Rules, Event Mapping Rules, Alert rules and Event Assignment Rules.
- Involved in working with CMDB, populating CMDB by importing the data of IT assets into the system.
- Created inbound Scripted Web Services and script includes methods.
- Created the UI pages to use them in catalog items, implemented using UI scripts.
Environment: servicenow Jakarta, Windows 10, XML, Oracle 11g, SVN, Toad, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, UNIX, CMS, Script Include, Java Script, Client Scripting, Jelly Scripting, Service Catalog Workflows . ServiceNow, ITIL, ITSM, ITOM, glide script, JSON, Integration, Web Services, Discovery, CMDB, LDAP, PowerShell, Service mapping.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
ServiceNow Developer/ Administrator
- Document current business processes, gap analysis, conduct workshops to identify foundation data for BMC software implementation. Configured Service Catalog and CMDB foundation data.
- Delegation of groups, modification of CMS, workflows, business rules, client-side scripts, UI pages, UI actions, UI policies, UI macros, script includes, scheduled jobs, import sets, transform maps, ACLs, and updates of all other existing solutions requiring revisions.
- Worked on DISCOVERY and set up mid servers and check for the connectivity, Became an expert in troubleshooting Discovery tool.
- BMC software targeted for delivery includes: ADDM, BNA, BSA, BPPM, Remedy On-Demand ITSM, and BMC Orchestrator.
- Coordinating the instance upgrade activities.
- This migration involved creation of 20+ new service catalogs, Incident, Change, Problem module customizations, Integrations with other tools like xmatters, Office365, creating reports/dashboards etc.
- System Integration testing.
- Writing client-side scripts according to requirements.
- Generating notifications, business rules, business rules, UI Policies, ACLS, UI Actions
- Writing server-side scripts according to requirements.
- Creating the UI pages to use them in catalog items, implemented using UI scripts.
- Designing of technical specifications before the development and updated those specs post development on share point for reference.
- Created functional and technical specifications documents for various Service-now modules
- Creating Applications, Modules, Tables and columns as per the requirement
- Writing Catalog client scripts and UI policies to make client-side changes.
- Redesigned complex workflows to simpler form using workflow editors
- Working on different kinds of variables and variable sets.
- As An administrator activated Project Portfolio Suite (PPS) with Financials plugin.
- Created transform maps for importing CMDB data.
- Used transform maps to map values between Import Set and ServiceNow tables.
- Generating reports as per user requirements and displaying them on dash boards.
- Expertise in Automation testing using Python Scripting, Perl scripting.
- Integrated ServiceNow with external SOAP based Webservices.
- Creation of Email Notifications and Inbound Actions.
- Worked on change management module by enhancing the tool and made it easy to understand.
- Expertise with both server and client-side scripting as well when and how to use script includes.
- Creating database views to pull the reports on variables which are being used by catalog items.
- Expertise on creation of workflows for Service Catalog items in Service-Now.
- Migrated updates to ServiceNow instances for development, testing and production using update sets
- Involved in cloning activities like raising the request for cloning and excluding some tables to not come under cloning.
- Implementation, Customization and Maintenance of ITIL modules such as Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Knowledge, Service Catalog, CMDB in Service-now
- Configured multiple forms for Asset module using Configuration Management Database.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Document current business processes, gap analysis, Identify and propose improvements to current processes, Configured Service Catalog and CMDB foundation data. BMC software targeted for delivery includes: ADDM, BNA, BSA, BPPM, Remedy On-Demand ITSM, BMC Orchestrator.
- ServiceNow Discovery to automatically match discovered devices with existing CI's in the ServiceNow CMDB.
- Involved in working with CMDB, populating CMDB by importing the data of IT assets into the system.
- Collaborated with ServiceNow Team to align the functionality and ease of use of the ServiceNow Service Catalog by undergoing a re-design into the workflow, functionality, and overall usability of the Catalog of services.
- ServiceNow administration of the Service Catalog & Service Level Management
- Configured foundation data in CMDB, created process templates in ITSM environment
- Responsible for collecting business requirements for the BMC Analytics and ITSM reporting.
- Developed policy on maintaining changes to the ITSM Universe.
- Conducted presentations to end users, including senior management on the use of reporting tool and the development of KPI's.
- Design and build of a data warehouse of ITSM and external data, including CMDB, BPPM, and Genesys data for corporate-wide business intelligence effort.
- Developed and trained administrator on the use of user rights and access levels.
Environment: Email Notifications, Client Scripting, Business Rules, Script Include, Form Creations. ServiceNow Calgary/Dublin, Windows 8, XML, Oracle 10g, UNIX.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Involved in Requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing and Maintenance phases of Application.
- Implementing the project in agile methodologies - sprint & scrum.
- Involved in backlog grooming, sprint planning, user stories estimations and dividing user stories into tasks.
- Preparation of TSD design documents with UML diagrams including Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagram set c. using Visual Paradigm.
- Used HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, JQUERY, JSON and Bootstrap to develop view pages.
- Creation of generic templates to be used by users.
- Integrated Spring & Hibernate frameworks to develop end to end application.
- Used Hibernate to create data layer to the services to do CRUD operations in to DB.
- Set up Object & relationship mappings with Associations, inheritance, and named queries etc. using Hibernate.
- Used core java concepts like Collections, Generics, Exception handling, IO, Concurrency to develop business logic.
- Used GitHub for the version control.