- Over 7 years of professional software development experience in the analysis, design, implementation and testing of Object Oriented Applications.
- Strong knowledge in core aspects of Java: Swing, Collections, Multithreading, Exception Handling.
- Strong expertise in Algorithms, data structures and excellent problem solving skills.
- Good experience in using tools like ANT, JUnit, Log4J, Maven.
- Extensively worked on XML Technologies like XML Parsers (SAX, DOM), XSD, XSLT JAX - WS/RS.
- Hands-on Industrial experience on Healthcare (HIPAA and EDI), EHR clinical Systems.
- Highly skilled in creating maps in inbound and outbound EDI interfaces for 810, 850, 855 etc.
- Expertise in handling Healthcare EDI claims 837I and 837P and 835 ERA
- Solid working knowledge on Spring Framework, using modules Spring-Core, AOP, Webflow, Security, MVC and DAO, ACL.
- Solid experience in developing web applications using Struts Framework implementing Action Classes, Action Forms, Struts Validation Framework, Tiles and Tag Libraries.
- Good experience with IBM WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat servers.
- Experience on Apache SOLR, REST-like API such as HTTP/XML and JSON APIs
- Solid experience in database design and creation of schemas, writing stored procedures, functions, triggers, DDL and DML SQL queries.
- Strong knowledge with development in Agile methodology and Multi-tier applications.
- Experience usingversion control tools like SVN, CVS, and GIT.
- Excellent ability in writing specifications and gathering requirements from the user and implement the requirements in software applications. Also in preparing test case scenarios, internal documentation and in the application production support.
Languages: C, C++, Java/J2EE, Python, Shell
Spring related: Spring-Core, Spring AOP, Boot, Spring MVC
Frameworks: Struts 1.x, Struts2.x, Spring, Hibernate 3.x/2.x
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, MS SQL Server, MS Access VBA, MongoDB
XML technologies: XML, XAS, DOM, XSL, XSD and DTD
Other technologies: RESTful, SOAP, WSDL
IDE: Eclipse 2.x/3.2, Net Beans, IBM RAD, JDeveloper, Visual Studio, Notepad++
App Server: WebSphere 6.1/7/8, WebLogic 10.x/11.x
Web Server: Apache Tomcat 7
Tools /Version Controls: JUnit, Ant, Maven, UML, CVS, GIT, SVN, CICD, ATDD, Kafka, Zookeeper MongoDB, Cassandra.
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Analyze business requirements and work closely with various application teams and business teams to develop procedures that are consistent across all applications and system.
- Analyzing the requirements and participating in discussions with business analysts.
- Prepare Functional Requirement Specification and done coding, bug fixing and support.
- Implemented the Scrum Agile methodology for development of the application.
- Implemented the online application using Core Java, JDBC, JSP, Servlets, spring, Web Services.
- Created controllers and services with JDBC connection.
- Worked on PL/SQL procedures for processing business logic in the database and written SQL queries, joins and Oracle 10g using SQL Developer.
- Fixed defects reported by the QA team and the clients.
- Generate XML files to deliver to client requests.
- Accountability including professional documentation and weekly status report.
- Develop new procedures for requirements gathering, needs analysis, testing, scripting and documentation to strengthen quality and functionality of critical applications.
- Perform Unit testing on the developed application by creating own data and document.
- Perform backend coding and testing using database SQL and PL/SQL queries.
- Participate in the meetings, give status of tasks, schedule and update the status in Project Work Book (PWB).
- Closely interact with the business analysts to understand and analyze the requirements.
- Worked with Server team for migration of servers from Solaris to Redhat Linux
- Verify job in all three environments like Test, UAT and Prod.
- Routine Performance Analysis, Capacity analysis, security audit analysis reports for necessary planned changes
- Responsible Person for the walkthrough for the developed code through the production and code reviews.
- Solr API programming experience for querying/feeding
- Verify the working of the code with job in all three environments like Test, UAT, Model office (MO) and Prod.
- Respond to issues assigned, conduct analysis, suggest/implement workarounds, communicate to all the required personnel and close issues as per agreed timelines in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Design and document all the newly developed code, job scripts and diff files.
- Enhance and support new product functionality, which includes tasks like developing new features, integrating with internal and third party systems and fix the bugs found during the quality control.
Confidential, Santa Ana, CA.
- Involved in analysis and preparation of design plans for new enhancements.
- Actively involved in discussions and meetings with analysts and associates.
- Worked in the design and development of Web Service classes by using Service Oriented Architecture SOA, WSDL, UDDI, CFX and SOAP.
- Developed various micro services, APIs using spring framework (Core, Boot, Batch, Scheduler, and Integration framework), Kafka, Zookeeper, Consul, XML, JSON, JXAB and SOAP.
- Used spring framework for dependency injection and to interact with NoSQL database MongoDB using Hibernate.
- Implemented business logic on server side using Session Beans and Entity beans.
- Used Hibernate to persist data into the database.
- Created dynamic views using AngularJS.
- Used Bootstrap to develop responsive UI.
- Wrote database schema and used NoSQL database MongoDB at the backend. Used MongoDB’s Java API to connect to the database from front-end.
- Improved the existing database by writing new user functions and stored procedures.
- Writing Scala classes to interact with the database.
- Generated Scala classes from respective APIs and incorporated in the application.
- Incorporated Login authentication by using JSP and to retrieve saved quotes.
- Used Camel framework for integration and routing and improving the performance of the system, integrating applications using JBOSS Fuse.
- Developed and implemented the MVC Architecture pattern using Spring MVC Framework including JSP, Servlets and Action classes.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix for development of each use case.
- Developed Action Forms, Action Classes and Servlets based on Struts Framework.
- Integrated Jive along with other web technologies.
- Extending Jive API for Spring bean configuration to load data.
- Used Spring AOP to implement security.
- Designed and implemented the Web Services using Axis2 Soap Engine to integrate with the backend systems.
- Implemented integration techniques using Apache Camel and Active MQ techniques.
- Worked on securing the webservices using OAuth implementation with Spring security.
- Built 834, 837, 835 EDI files using UltraEdit. Developed EDI transactions using MQ Visual Edit and verified the corresponding XML files.
- Good experience in manipulating EDI X 12 837(Health care claim), 835(Payment/remittance advice), 834(Benefit enrollment), 270/ 271(inquire/response health care benefits), 276/277(Claim status) transaction files.
- Experienced in HIPAA/EDI Medical claims analysis, design, implementation and documentation.
- Involved in Unit Testing, Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Involved in writing Maven build file to build and deploy the application and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Performance tuning of the application through refactoring and using JProfiler tool.
- Used Git for version control and Log4J for logging.
- Wrote build and deployment scripts using shell, Perl and ANT scripts and involved in the performance analysis and bug fixes.
- Responsible for the build and deployments in WebSphere application server in different environments.
Environment: Spring 3.0, Web Services- Rest, JAX-WS, SOAP, AXIS 2, CFX, Camel, SOAP, JMS, JDK1.6, JDBC, HTML, XML, EDI, XSLT, Hibernate, Jive, JUnit Test Cases, OAuth, WebSphere 8, Unix, Rational Clear Case, Maven, Jenkins.
Confidential, Chicago, IL.
Java Developer- Associate
- Involved in gathering requirements, analysis and design.
- Implemented J2EE standards, MVC architecture using Struts framework.
- Implemented JSF and Ajax to design the UI.
- Developed the Web Application using Struts Framework by creating Action classes, Form beans and configuring the action mappings. IntegratedICE faces framework.
- GUI design and development using Java Swing (JIDE).
- Implemented JTree menu and the content is configured from the external XML file.
- Modified existing databases, stored procedures, tables, indexes according to the function requirements.
- Performed necessary validations of each screen developed by writing Triggers, Procedures and Functions available along with objects, events and methods.
- Implemented the Oracle database interaction using Hibernate (ORM).
- Dealt with EDI file versions 4010A and 5010 for 810, 850, 855, 856 etc.
- Expertise in handling Healthcare EDI claims 837I and 837P and 835 ERA
- Used Grails for developing backend controller and service layer.
- Responsible for setting up Python REST API framework using DJANGO.
- Used NodeJS for server-side development.
- Performed problem troubleshooting and bugs fixing in XSLT and Java related.
- Provided support and help in management of data and XSLT programming.
- Administered WebLogic Portal Server.
- Worked with ANT, writing scripts (used Gradle).
- Used JIRA for issue and bug tracking.
- Tomcat, JBOSS servers were used for testing and WebLogic 11 was used for deploying.
- Developed RESTful Web Services using Jersey framework and JSON to retrieve information.
- Involved in various testing as per the specifications and test cases including Unit and Integration testing using JUnit scripts via Selenium Remote Control.
- Backend application layer is implemented using EJB (Enterprise Java Bean) in WebLogic Application Server.
- Developed an Ajax framework for rapid development of Rich Internet Application access to databases.
- The existing web system was enhanced using Struts.
- Enabled security on webservices using OAuth 2.0 implementation.
- Used Git as version control repository and Maven, Bamboo for continuous build integration.
Confidential . Atlanta.GA
Java/J2EE Application Developer
- Involved in the design and development phases.
- Developed MVC design pattern based UI using JSP, XML, ExtJS, HTML, CSS, NodeJS and Struts.
- Applied OOP concepts, including UML use cases, class and interaction diagrams.
- Used Spring framework configuration files to manage objects and to achieve dependency injection.
- Used Struts validator framework to validate user input.
- Used AngularJS controllers to update entity models, and AngularJS custom filters to provide better search experience.
- GUI design and development using Java Swing components (JTree, JList, JTable, JMenu, JCombobox, JText, JTabbedPane and Layout Management), APIs like JGoodies, SWINGX.
- Used Dependency Injection feature of Spring framework and involved in writing the database integration code using Hibernate and used the Spring AOP features to handle the exceptions.
- Implemented the DAO pattern for database connectivity and Hibernate for object persistence.
- Created XML files for storing the data required for module.
- Developed utility classes, which allows easy translation from XML to Java and back. Also implemented Property Reader to read properties from flat file.
- Implemented access control and authentication using Spring Security.
- Implemented Python to retrieve and manipulate data.
- Used multithreading to improve overall performance.
- Implemented SAML to achieve security features.
- Developed window layouts and screen flows using Struts tiles.
- Used ANT script to build WAR and EAR files and deployed on WebSphere.
- Used Java/J2EE design patterns like Business Delegate and Data Transfer Object (DTO).
- Implemented Spring Boot Microservices to create submodules.
- Used JUnit, Log4J for Unit testing and logging.
- Used SVN for version control.
- Used JIRA for tracking and updating the project issues.
- Used Maven for build framework and Jenkins for continuous build system.
- Created Web services using Apache Axis 2 for communication with other application.
- Created and executed unit and regression test scripts. Created personal and common test data, tracked actual vs expected results and evaluated quality of modules created.
- Responsible for delivering changes to different development, integration and user acceptance testing regions, supporting user acceptance testing and addressing defects and in production and fixing production defects.
- Worked closely with the Requirements team, analyzed use-cases and created class diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Developed in Eclipse environment using Struts MVC framework.
- Created JSPs using JSTL and Struts tag libraries.
- Developed Struts action and Action Form classes with required Tile definitions.
- Deployed J2EE components (EJB, Servlets) in WebLogic application server.
- Created SQL queries and used PL/SQL procedures with Oracle database.
- Used Session Beans for business logic and Entity Beans for data persistency.
- Performed unit testing using JUnit framework.