- Over 7+ years of progressive experience as Android developer and Java developer working on multiple application involving in analysis, design, development, and testing and implementation.
- Extensive experience on Advanced Android applications development using Android SDK from version Froyo (2.2) to version Nougat (7.0), Eclipse and Android Studio IDE, Android Emulator, along with plug - in ADT.
- Good Understanding in Data Structure, OOPS Concepts, Collections and Exception handling.
- Developing a Single Application supporting Mobile and Tablets by supporting Multiple Screen Size, Screen Density and Orientation.
- Working Knowledge in developing application components using Java includes Activities, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Content Providers, Launch Modes, Binders and other life-cycle.
- Good knowledge in implementing the Parallelism with Async Task Loader in Activity to make communication with Web Services to post or retrieve the data as JSON data. Parsing of JSON OR XML Data implementation in application and send it to desired user screen.
- Developing app Re-Usable Components, such as Fragments, Receivers helps in developing common app for Mobile and Tablet.
- Proficient in using common system service API Notification Manager, Location Manager, Google Maps V2, Media Player and Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) for Push Notifications.
- Supporting the development with app Backward Compatibility with prior android versions.
- Implement Inter Process Communication (IPC) among the Android Application Components to achieve the desired app functionality with supported Design Pattern.
- Proficient Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts includes the implementation using desired Design Pattern like Façade Patten and Singleton Pattern.
- Experience in developing the Backend Service required by application using the J2EE, Struts Frameworks with MVC Pattern.
- Solid understanding of interfacing to Back-end System using JSON and REST API, Network protocols with Http URL Connection, Http Client and Volley.
- Good Knowledge in implementing the storage options like SQLite for Database, File for local storage and Shared Prefrences for user preferences.
- Proficient Knowledge of Android Material Design guidelines and its implementation of components includes Floating Action Button, TabBar Layout, Snack Bar and Navigation Drawer.
- Experience in developing Widgets like Web View, Recycler View, List View and View Pager.
- Strong Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with its methodology Agile, Spiral and Waterfall models.
- Active experience in developing Android Applications using Core Java and Android APIs (Data Storage, Multimedia, Connectivity, Location and sensors).
- Strong experience in using Android SDK tools like Hierarchy Viewer, TraceView, AVD Manager, Android shell tools like Logcat and Android Platform tools like ADB, ADT.
- Expertise in using Java Threads, (Multithreading, Synchronization) Generics, and Collections API.
- Hands on experience in object oriented designing such as Inheritance, Abstraction, Polymorphism, Encapsulation, Cohesion and Coupling.
- Strong database skills in Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, DB2, and MySQL and Expertise in programming with SQL, PL/SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Experience with Software Development Methodologies like SDLC, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD), Agile Software Development, Scrum Methodology.
- Superior coordination of user acceptance testing and QA of final IT infrastructure and software development deliverables through iterative evolutions.
- Highly capable in handling multiple tasks, prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate with various team members involved in the project.
- Quick learner, excellent analytical, design and problem solving skills.
Java Technologies: Core Java (JDK 1.5 -1.8), J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Java Script, JDBC, RMI
Mobile Frameworks: Android SDK 2.X/3.X/4 .X/5.X/6.X,7.X (Nougat), Firebase, JQuery Mobile, Phonegap.
Mobile User Interface: XML (with Material Design guidelines), HTML5 and CSS3.
IDE: Android Studio 2.2, X Code, NetBeans, IntelliJ Idea, EclipseOperating System Unix, Linux and Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/7.
Languages: C, C++, Visual Basic, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Python
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2005/2008 and Sybase, My SQL, MS-Access, DB2. J Unit, TestNG, Selenium RC/Web Driver, Espresso, Appium, JIRA, Eclipse DebuggerLogcat.
Version Tool, Build Tool: SVN, GIT, CVS, JIRA, Jenkins, Gradle, ANT
UML Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Glify, Lucid Chart, MS Office.
Methodologies: Agile, waterfall, UML, SDLC, Six Sigma.
Senior Android Developer
Confidential, Franklin Lakes, NJ
- Refill and renew home delivery prescription.
- Track the status of home delivery prescription orders.
- Request home delivery for medications taken on an ongoing basis that are currently obtained from a retail pharmacy.
- View medications and set reminders for yourself or other household members.
- Find and compare medication pricing at both home delivery and multiple retail pharmacies.
- Designed and developed mobile application for Android mobile devices with extensive user interface development.
- Worked on Implemented Material Design features like Floating Action Bar Button (FAB), Toolbar and Snack bar.
- Involved in developing user interface using various custom layouts, dialog boxes, alert boxes, buttons, and edit boxes.
- Handled swipe features and touch motion across the application.
- Worked on replacing List View with Recycler View to improve the performance along with custom adapters for publishing data in Recycler View.
- Involved in developing custom UI by drawing on the Canvas using native Android SDK API.
- Developed multi-plane layouts using common strategies resulting in better visual balance.
- Worked on populating spinner data from SQLite data by using simple spinner, selecting an item from dropdown menus.
- Used Tab Views, and replaced View Flipper with View Pager to improve performance and populated lists from database using simple adapters.
- Worked in incorporating SQLite to store/restore the shopping list in “My List” even if the app is closed.
- Worked on Integrated RESTful web services for loading Weekly Ad list based on users store location.
- Worked on implementing Nougat permissions at run time for Camera, Location Services.
- Connected app to Play framework application and implemented RESTful web services using libraries to load the data.
- Implemented REST APIs using Retrofit 2 and JSON/GSON mapping, push notifications with Google/Firebase Cloud Messaging, and analytics support with Localytics.
- Handled JSON data using efficient parsing libraries such as GSON.
- Worked on implementing PUSH notifications for new offers and custom messages about “Weekly Ad”.
- Downloaded files and images using services and publishing Progress Bar in Activities.
- Updated store locator with Zooming controls using Google Maps API, GPS Location Data.
- Involved in using Event Bus for Local communication to simplify the broadcast/receiver pattern.
- Added “Swipe-to-Refresh” in “My Purchase” and responding to a refresh gesture.
- Worked on debugging the application using Log cat, DDMS.
- Worked on testing code using JUnit Testing and maintained a bug database.
- Handled all signing and deployment utilizing ProGuard.
- Participated in all the phases of SDLC from design, development through testing, porting and support of application.
Environment: Android Studio 2.2, Android SDK 23, SQLite, Android API's, JDK 1.6, XML, JSON, HTML, Google Cloud Messaging, Event Bus, Localytics, Play, Google Maps API, ProGuard, Log cat, DDMS, Windows 7.
Senior Android Developer
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Worked with the Android SDK, and implemented Android Shared Preferences, SQLite database API and Location Connectivity components.
- Involved in requirement collecting and designing the patterns for the UI and designing the GUI.
- Followed the Agile and Scrum methodologies in the project implementation.
- Illuminated the wireframes and created layouts and functionality according to it.
- Designed and implemented all the basic UI and screen navigation with navigation drawer.
- Extensive UI customizations using Fragments to adapt to different screen resolutions and portrait and landscape orientation
- Used Multi-threading to implement parallel processing.
- Interpreted the wireframes and created layouts and functionality according to it.
- Created shopping list layouts for phone and tablet for the list of lists. Used listview layout to display shopping list and shopping list item.
- Created the layout for unauthenticated and no list view for shopping list.
- Created an event to let the user share the shopping list using email and SMS/Text.
- Integrated location based services using Google Maps API to display locations of the nearest stores.
- Developed the application through Gradle build which avoids unnecessary workload by caching remote metadata and artifacts, transitive dependency resolution, build execution plan and test results.
- Work closely with the web application development team to ensure proper integration between mobile application and web application.
- Participated in meetings with the UI and UX team to design the user interface by giving feedback about Android guidelines for developing user interfaces.
Environment: Android SDK 4.4, Eclipse IDE, JSON, REST Web Services, XML, Action-Bar and GIT-HUB.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Worked with the Android SDK, and implemented Android Bluetooth and Location Connectivity components.
- Provided technical leadership and management to team of IT developers and contractors.
- Collaborate with other teams including QA, Application support, IT infrastructure and Project Management for project scheduling and delivery.
- Worked on updating the contact information of the user.
- Worked on developing UI screens and implemented the logic for getting the media from the devices.
- Implemented android NDK for speeding up the application as we used the bit/byte operations are used for the compression of the images.
- Developed Name Tone feature using Contacts framework and Sign In flow with OAuth Server Integration.
- Android APIs used to develop this App: Voice Recorder, Custom Adapter, Contacts Framework, Http Server Integration, etc.
- The Android APIs used are: Picasso library for Image caching and Google Custom Search API.
- Developed user-friendly UI using widgets like Menus, Dialogs and Selection Widgets like List View and Scroll View as per client need.
- Implemented the Android animation style & gesture events to flip the Screen/Layout.
- Involved in developer testing by porting the app on multiple devices with various screen sizes.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Android Studio, Android SDK, Multi-thread, SQLite, JSON, RESTful Web Service, Maps and Location-based Services, Media Frameworks (Audio, Video and Camera), Gesture, Bluetooth, OOP and Design Patterns.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of the assigned domain, including requirements Gathering, system design, development, deployment, and maintenance.
- Provide clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development process
- Collaborate with team members in software development activities using the Scrum/Agile development process
- Participate in test case design reviews and make bug prevention proposals.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Developed BIRT reports for the Resource Capacity Module Graphs. Provided support for production issues for new enterprise releases.
- Used SVN to manage the versions and Merge the code.
- Developed application using Java/J2EE platform. Implemented the Model View Control (MVC) structure.
- Used Subversion for activities tracking i.e., Version Controlling and Change Management that is tracking structure of folders, maintaining global revision number for the whole repository and SVN operations.
- Responsible in configuring the struts-config.xml.
- Involved in component development involving EJB and maintained development using J2EE principles.
- Designed and developed the EJB Stateless Session bean which delegates the call to the Business layer.
- Used JDBC for communicating with Oracle 8i database.
- Used WebSphere Application Sever 5.1 to deploy the application.
- Participated extensively in writing Use Cases and generated Class, Sequence diagrams for Designing using UML.
- Written java classes for developing user interface by using OOPS concepts, multi-threading, inheritance, polymorphism and collection API.
- Used SOAP Technology for exchanging the XML schemas using HTTP.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Unix Shell and Python
- Created databases using Oracle10g/SQL.
- Involved in Peer reviews and Code walkthroughs.
- Developed scenarios for unit and Integration testing to ensure that all the components working correctly when integrated.
- Active participation in Bug fixes and application performance enhancement
- Exposure to Linux range of operating systems.
- Assisted QA process in test cases preparation, execution and fixing of bugs.
- Communicated the issues and progress to project manager.