- Overall 8+ years of experience as Software Development Engineer with Designing, Developing, Programming Testing and Implementing the Android Application for Smartphones, Tablet and Client Server Applications.
- Proficient in Android applications development involving front - end User Interface development, push notifications, Adapters, Content Providers and Services.
- In-depth experience in using Kotlin with Android Studio and Eclipse with ADT plugin, designing UI layouts using Linear Layout, Relative Layout, Frame Layout, Table Layout, List View, Grid View and using Android native widgets and custom Widgets.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills with Eclipse, IntelliJIDEA, Android Studio.
- Experience in various SDLC methodologies like Agile development and Rapid Application Development (RAD).
- Expertise in developing Android Enterprise applications for tablets and mobile devices using Eclipse, Android SDK, Android Studio and ADT development tools.
- Experienced in working with several versions of Android SDK like Gingerbread, Honey Comb, Ice Cream, Sandwich, Jellybean, Kit Kat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat,Oreo.
- Used Android frameworks and APIs to efficiently load data and update databases: Loaders, Async Task Loaderand Sync Adapters.
- Experience in using various development environments like Eclipse and My Eclipse.
- Experience in developing various UI components like Text View, Customized List View, Menus, Edit Boxes, Checkboxes, Dialogs, Buttons, Status Notifications, Action Bars and Spinners.
- Extensively worked in developing and implementation of ORM framework Hibernate, JPA, unit testing frameworks using JUnit and manual testing.
- Worked with various applications and deployed on Google play store, Samsung app and Amazon app store, Amazon web services.
- Proficient in gathering requirement analysis, functional analysis, conceptual and logical thinking.
- Implemented web service using Rest webservices.
- Experience working with Google Maps APIs, In-App Purchases, In-App advertising, Geocoder API, Ticketmaster, Geolocations, PayPal, Google Analytics.
- Implemented native libraries in applications using NDK
- Worked on Data Structure, Multithreading, Collection and Exception handling.
- Experience in modifying and using source code version with tools like SVN, GIT and CVS.
- Excellent Technical, Communication and Interpersonal Skills with strong Customer Orientation, Client Interfacing Skills.
- Hands on experience in Camera, Wi-Fi, Sensors, Bluetooth, Telephony, Google Map, Firebase API, OAuth.
- Integrating third party Social API's into Android apps such as Twitter, Facebook, Google, YouTube.
- Experience in creating code clean architecture documents, code review standards.
- Experience in establishing better design patterns to implement mvc and mvp architecture.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts and QA team members to understand requirements, design, and ensure system meets business and technical objectives.
- In depth understanding of Memory management - Data structures, Heap, Stack, GC.
- Experience working in on-off shore models.
- Experience in working automated tests and writing into manual test cases.
- Experience in TDD and BDD.
- Experience in pair programming and Safe agile methodology.
- Experience in creating network libraries for android apps.
- Experience in consuming different libraries respect to application architecture style MVC/MVP/MVVM like
- Retrofit, volley, RxJava and Dagger.
- Experience in creating code clean principles document to have better code reviews.
- Experience in implementing push notifications.
- Experience using advanced Android capabilities including GCM/FCM, camera, multimedia playback.
- Experience with an ORM like ActiveAndroid.
- Experience with debugging apps via AppSee & Crashlytics.
- Extensible used Azure management and graph API.
- Experience for implementation of disaster recovery solutions to include On-Prem, AWS, Azure and CenturyLink Cloud services.
- Leveraged cutting edge technology like Kotlin, Android JetPack, Retrofit, Navigation, ViewModel, Room, Actions.
- Experience writing apps from scratch in Kotlin.
- Implemented CI/CD process using TeamCity for global development team, allowing for dozens of code updates per hour with zero downtime
- Maintain build profiles in Team Foundation Server and Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline
- Developed custom integrations between devops server tools (enterprise Java, Spring framework plugins.
- Manage FTP, SFTP, connections and setups.
- Deep understanding of modern android development & ecosystem with emphasis on functional reactive programming with Dagger & RxJava.
- In depth experience in using Android SDK tools like Hierarchy Viewer, Trace View, zip align, Draw 9-patch, AVD Manager.
- In depth Experience in programming RFID and barcode scanning.
Languages: C, C++, Java 8, Python, kotlin.
Operating Systems: Windows (10/8.1), Ubuntu, Mac
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL Server, Sybase, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, SQLLite3, relational.
IDE: Android Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD)
Version controls: SVM, GitHub, CVS, SVN, ClearCase,XCode 3.0.
Web Servers/Services: JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Jetty, JProfiler, Apache, SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI
Other Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Sonar, Fisheye, Taiga.io, GitHub, AEM, JNI, HAL, DevOps,.
Frameworks: Retrofit, Espresso, Glide, Picasso, Dagger, OKHttp, OAuth,.NET,Google, CORDOVA
Database Tools: SQL Developer, TOAD 9.0, MSSQL Server Management Studio
Build Automation Software: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Shell Scripts, Batch Scripts, Robotium, Testing, Code Quality and Bug Tracking Tools JUnit, Mockito, JIRA.
DOM, SAX, JAXP, JAXB, XML: RPC and XML Beans.
Gemalto, Austin, TX
- Worked in different phases of project life cycle like design, development and testing of application for Android mobile devices.
- Developed desktop(windows) apps leveraging Node WebKit.
- Create FTP, SFTP and VPN Connections for file processing.
- Worked with Webkit and the chrome V8 library.
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design and development.
- Experience writing apps from scratch in Kotlin with Android studio.
- Implemented web views, list views & populated lists from database using simple adapters.
- Implemented Kotlin with Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and edit boxes.
- Designed downloading files and images by showing Progress Bar Activities and implemented Status Bar.
- Responsible for SERVICES, ASYNC tasks and Alert Notification API to implement event reminder feature into the mobile app.
- Strong experience with Google Framework Android Framework APIs such as Google Maps, Camera, Resource Manager, Fragments, Location Manager, Notification Manager, Content Providers, Contact Manager, Telephony API and REST APIs.
- Experience in using dependency injector called Dagger to test the classes
- Experience in Android Integration framework tools like Espresso and Gradle.
- Experience using AWS to store and retrieve huge data by Client-Server interaction.
- Development access restriction features using Authentication and Authorization tokens.
- Embedded Google Maps API, GPS Location Data into app with zooming controls.
- Responsible for the Saved data in the SQLite database.
- Modified Android manifest XML file to include all user permissions such as GPS, SMS READ /SEND / RECEIVE.
- Experience in Android Networking Libraries like Volley
- Experience in integrating the application with analytics to log User Sessions and Touch Gestures.
- Involved in development and enhancements of features to restrict the usage based on Authorization and Authentication tokens.
- Develop prototype application on Android handset and tablet for viewing editing, sharing, and creating montages of photos, videos, events and albums which can be transferred wirelessly across other devices
- Expertise in working with NoSQL databases including HBase, Cassandra and its integration with Hadoop cluster
- Developed Rest architecture based webservices to facilitate communication between client and servers.
- Designed and Developed Webservices to interact with various business sectors and used SOAP protocol for webservices communication
- Understanding system requirements, test case planning and execution, Functional testing, Integration
- Experience in the required GUI by making modifications to the XML files.
- Experience with REST and SOAP web services.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and code version using GIT.
- Debugged application using ADB, Trace View, DDMS and Log Cat.
- Worked with JSON library to parse JSON files.
- Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth and authentication tokens.
- Worked with business stakeholders, creative teams, offshore teams and technical teams at all levels of an organization.
- Created multiple Content Providers with a React native approach to handling UI asynchronous updates.
- Managed development with a team of Android developers, back-end developers, and front-end designers.
- Coded in Java using Android Studio, on the app in MVP architecture to achieve a complete separation of concerns, better code reusability, and a higher percentage of unit tests.
Environment: Android SDK, SQLite 3.6, Eclipse IDE 3.5, Android API's, JDK 1.6, XML, JSON, GPS, ADT Plug-in, CVS (version control), JNI, Logcat, DDMS console, Azure cloud, Angular 4.0, GDB, LLDB, WPF Data binding.
Confidential, Riverwoods, IL
- Involved in different phases of the project life cycle like design, development, testing and deployment.
- Worked on Location Manager API and Google Location Services to locate nearby agents with respect to the customer with the ability to navigate to the agent and call the agent location.
- Worked with the UI/UX and business team to design, implement the screens and app architecture.
- Used Automotive for syncing mobiles, where user can Locate and Navigate to nearby T-Mobile store
- Implemented Retrofit2 asynchronously so that the long running operations could be carried out on a background thread.
- Experience writing apps from scratch in Kotlin with Android studio.
- Developed the application to adapt to different orientations (Landscape/Portrait) and various resolutions (ldpi/ mdpi/hdpi) based on the device.
- Implementation of a TCP/IP connection management protocol that handles incoming connections requests from client apps on the Server end.
- Implemented a Home screen with Navigation Drawer allowing user to switch between screens from anywhere in the application.
- Involved in the development of the Login authentication process using token services for the secure authorization and authentication on the application.
- Included Dagger for dependency injection for mocking JSON with Mockito into RESTful API web service.
- Exporting enterprise application into web application developed and maintained by React/Redux.
- Implemented web views, list views & populated lists, recycler views, material design to display the lists using simple adapters, base adapters and recycler view adapter.
- Implemented capturing the screenshot of the payment screen, Bitmap to pdf conversion features Using Android NDK implementing C/C++ code.
- Implemented horizontal recycler view to show the current trending items
- Used Fragments to make the application adapt to different screens and devices with different densities.
- Utilized Shared Preferences to store and maintain user information.
- Used ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) command line for installing APK's and as a debugging tool (extracting log files).
- Worked closely with iOS developers to design and develop custom features and applications
- Experienced in a fast paced Agile Development Environment including Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Scrum.
- Design and Development of APIs in the NDK layer for various features, functionalities available in the React Native layer.
- Wrote reactive sleep score calculation component composed of asynchronous and event-based calls using observable sequences using RXJava / RxAndroid.
- Wrote Unit Test using JUnit, Mockito and Espresso.
- Implemented REST API as Spring Boot Microservice to perform modular functionality as per Microservices architecture.
- Used GIT for version control and followed Agile with JIRA for implementing this project.
- Used GIT-HUB as our project version controller, where used to commit and push the developed, working code.
- Used SCRUM and Agile software development method for releases and managing application development.
- Writing the Unit tests cases in swift and Automation test scripts for the application.
- Proficient in working with various technologies like Java, Java Beans, J2EE (JSP, JSF, Servlets, EJB), Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Microservices, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Ajax, JQuery, JMS, JDBC, XML, JAAS, JAX-WS/JAX-RPC, Web Services, LDAP and Design Patterns.
Environment: Android Studio, Android SDK, SQLite, Eclipse IDE, Espresso, Volley, Dagger, OpenGL, Soap UI, JDK, XML, JSON, Services and Receivers, Material design, Angular JS, SQLite, Log Cat, swift, Microserives, Azure cloud, Kotlin with Android studio.
Confidential - Houston, TX
- Integrated location based services using Google Maps API from the GPS to display locations of the nearest ports
- Collaborated with web services team to implement the backend as a service(mBaas) support.
- Worked on linking the FedEx Services Android App using Faster Jackson.
- Implemented Android Bluetooth and Location Connectivity components.
- Used Mockito framework which helped to write tests with a clean & simple API.
- Implemented Google's Material Design for better look and feel of user experience.
- Implemented List View, so as to show the different shipments and maps as a form of list
- Implemented SQLite databases to monitor shipments.
- Push Notifications from an MQTT message broker server.
- Worked briefly on the complicated AOSP build system to determine the viability.
- Worked extensively on Eclipse Kepler.
- Debugged/Integrated/Maintained a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) for High Security OMAP devices enabled with MShield technology for newest Android HLOS and kernel.
- Debugged/Identified kernel and ROM bugs, related to MPUSS and power management
- The app using the location based services demanded integration of Wi-Fi, GPS, Camera and Bluetooth Integration.
- Implemented the NDK for smooth functioning of the location based services on Android.
- Implemented the Kotlin with Android studio for smooth functioning of the location based services GPS, Bluetooth on Android.
- Implemented push framework on Google's push notification service.
- Also Implemented MQTT Client that is used to start a background thread responsible for sending a ping message to server to keep the connection alive.
- Designed & developed front end GUI and the hardware feedback control from the user.
- Expertise in Java Native Interface (JNI), used to access interface written in C++ and C.
- Used various caching APIs which enabled offline storage and helped to read data flawlessly even if network is not available.
- Implemented customized web view component to load an SWF file and HTML data.
- Worked briefly on openGL ES.
- Created test cases and test data for testing the application using JUnit Extensions
- Performed Unit testing on the various modules/functions to ensure that the output is as expected
- Implemented Recycler view in our existing Android application and working on various other features including Material Design.
- Leveraged the Android Bluetooth Stack used for pairing mobile handheld devices to a Bluetooth enabled printer via Serial and BSP communication ports.
- Tested the application on Robotium, Appium and Roboelectric, JUnit to ensure quality control of the app.
- Played with variety of third-party libraries to either reuse or fork and tailor it to our needs with their existing codebase and also in the build. Gradle.
- Experience with Internationalization APIs like Formatters, Collation, and Message Format.
- Experience with localization to localize the OS and all the applications.
- Used JIRA extensively to keep a track of the many issues.
- Experience with Linux driver concepts.
- Also worked on other apps fleet in debugging complex issues that other traditional applications are unable to observe, worked on persistent logging apps to search for various hardware and communication problems from service providers, device hardware quirks and other client server anomalies.
- Used cloud based service database for Android - Firebase. experience with implementing services using micro services based architecture and using languages such as Go
- Used Android SDK and NDK to well suit for the different kinds of Android Devices.
- Responsible for rendering the 2D graphics to the user using openGL.
Environment: Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, Google Maps, GPS, Wi-Fi, AML and SQL Databases, JIRA, DOORS, JUnit, GPS Services, Appium, Robotium, Roboelectric, Bluetooth, Backbone.js, TDD, Swift, XCode, Android Kernel, Mockito, Bluetooth, openGL, Internationalization and Localization, HTML 4, Microservices, Kotlin with Android studio.
Confidential - Boston, MA
- Involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing of the project.
- Worked with Android Studio and the latest Android SDK in developing a mobile application.
- Developed rich user interface of the application by making best use of the Android UI Layouts and Fragments.
- Developed Custom UI Views based on UI Kit Framework.
- Worked with UI Navigation View, UI Tab Bar View, UI Custom Cell, UI Alert View.
- Implemented several types of Layouts like Linear Layout, Relative Layout, Table Layout & Frame-Layout.
- Made the best possible use of widgets like Text Views, Image Views, Buttons, List View, Scroll View, Progress Bar etc.
- Good experience in Object Oriented Design (OOD), analysis (OOA), modeling (OOM) based on Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Experienced in Core Animation Framework, creating animations to include rotation, fade, translation and scaling.
- Agile Java Development Test-driven Development using JUnit RAD.
- Developed activities, UI layers natively and customized as per the client request native UI components React native.
- Good understanding in Android OS, interactive application development and memory management.
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Worked on memory management with respect to database, data loading and debugging the application using Logcat, DDMS.
- Worked on GUI applications using Java SWING and AWT.
- Create GPS performance monitoring app with graphical UI interface using graphs and real-time statistics.
- Design app to have self-monitoring, persistent recovery and the option to boot on system start.
- Perform GPS testing according to industry standards, with AT&T, T-Mobile 4G LTE, 3GPP, and 2G tests with SUPL and Control Plane Tests Build Platform Management.
- Integrate Jenkins with Gerrit to trigger builds on commit.
Environment: Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, JDK, JSON, JIRA, Agile, Windows 7, GIT (version control), JSON, HTML5.
Junior Android Developer
- Extensively worked with product requirement gathering/analysis, architecture/databasedesign, development,testing and deployment.
- Used Android SDK, Java to design UI with different layouts and widgets corresponding to variousresolutionsanddifferent orientations.
- Used JSON to communicate between server and application.
- Used AsyncTask to invoke web services in the background thread like downloading available activities.
- Implemented List Views and customized adapters to display the list of activities, new events etc.
- Implemented OnItemClickListener for various activities and event in the list.
- Used Services to implement different features in the application.
- Participated in testing of the application in various devices, screen sizes and resolutions.
- Handled time constraint issues, exception and error handling for the application.
Environment: Eclipse, ADT, Android 2.3.3(Gingerbread) - Android 4.2 (Jellybeans) OS.
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Developed several Session Beans and Message Driven Beans for data queried from the Oracle 9i database
in XML format.
- Developed JSP, Servlets and Struts Framework for front-end design and page flows.
- Developed and maintained numerous StoredProcedures and TriggersinPL/SQL.
- Identification of different Java / J2EE design Patterns to implement in application.
- Developed test cases on Junit Written custom exception classes for validating each module of application.
- Used Log4J for logging and tracing the messages.