- Software Developer with 15+ years of results - oriented, progressive experience in application development and support to batch and transactional processes hosted on an Confidential mainframe and Websphere, with a core focus in Java/J2EE and Spring Boot frameworks.
- Strong Java Server Side back end experience utilizing Spring Batch Framework, Dependency Injection (IOC)
- Professionally adaptable to 'get on board' quickly with new technologies and new assignments, able to work independently or in a group/team setting to meet deadlines while handling multiple assignments.
- Well versed in trouble-shooting problems in a wide variety of abnormal terminations in a batch and pseudo conversational environment
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Programming Environments & Tools: Java/J2EE, Confidential MVS, SPUFI, Platinum, Confidential Utilities, TCP/IP, sFTP
Database Experience: DB2, Oracle, Informix, SQL, IMS/DB, VSAM
Operating Systems: z/OS, MVS/XA/ESA, UNIX, Windows
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Confidential WebSphere, WebLogic JBoss, Jenkins, Hudson
Development IDEs: Eclipse, Spring Tool Suite (STS)
Sr. Java Developer, Tempe, AZ
- Develop and deploy client applications of numerous Confidential Open Systems Frameworks working with ANT, Hudson, MKS, and GUI development in Eclipse.
- Understanding of DB2, COBOL development on the Mainframe and utilization of Confidential data service requests.
- Learning to provide problem research and resolution skills for on-call production support of MVS batch processing, DB2, IDMS and CICS transactional processes. 24/7 production on-call pager support
Confidential, Columbia, MO
- Provide proven problem research and resolution skills for on-call production support of MVS batch processing, DB2 Stored Procedures, and CICS/IMS transactional processes. 24/7 production on-call pager support
- Maintenance and development of Agent and Underwriting applications utilizing Java/J2EE, Spring Batch Framework, JSP, XML/XSLT, Websphere, MQ Series, Cobol II, DB2 Stored Procedures
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Provide analysis, design and detail construction of company’s corporate systems to include Revenue Accounting applications in a COBOL, DB2, CICS, SAS environment. System is the largest single system on the Confidential mainframe at Confidential
- Provide proven problem research and resolution skills via 24/7 weekly on-call production support of daily batch jobs, CICS transactional processes and JAVA based Ticket Refund application
- Extensive interaction with the client’s user community to gather business rules, functionality requirements for new and enhanced products
Environment: COBOL, DB2, CICS, SAS, SPUFI, JAVA, JBOSS, XML, Linux
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
- Currently provide analysis and programming of clients Data Warehouse and Clinical Systems applications.
- Detail design and analysis for HIPPA mandated National Provider Identifier ( Confidential ) project implementation.
- Detail construction of batch environment source modules and JCL job streams.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, Struts
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Currently provide analysis, programming and on-call production support of end clients Energy Services Utility system.
- Applications include; Billing, Metering, Orders and CICS Field Scheduling interface.
- Maintain Development and Staging DB2 subsystems and DB2 objects to a point in time defined by a various testing baselines utilizing DB2 utilities
- Provide proven problem research and resolution skills via on-call production support of daily batch jobs and CICS transactional processes
Environment: COBOL, DB2, CICS, VSAM, IMS/DB, JCL, EXPEDITOR, FILEAID, SPUFI and LIBARIAN
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Perform DB2 LOADS, UNLOADS, Image copies, RUNSTATS, BINDS and other DB2 core utilities in developer test and staging DB2 environments.
- Establish, migrate and recover application baselines capturing structure and record definitions and data within a DB2 subsystem at a point in time.
- Provided analysis and programming for companies Advanced Title System (ATS) utilized by clients in 40+ states and over 200 counties executing in multiple CICS regions over all domestic time zones.
- Implement new XML/COBOL parser modules via HTTP client request, once received by CICS, validated XML and package response.
- Provide on-call production support and troubleshooting for COBOL, DB2, CICS Title Plant system and JCL nightly batch train.
Environment: COBOL, DB2, CICS, XML, VSAM, IMS/DB, JCL, LIBARIAN, QMF and SPUFI
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Provide analysis and programming utilizing COBOL II, VSAM, DB2, IMS/DB in a TSO/ISPF JCL batch and CICS on-line environment.
- Provide on-call batch production support for clients CIS utility applications.
- Components include Metering, Billing and Ordering system’s executing in a IMS/DB, VSAM, DB2, CICS and JCL batch programming environment.
Environment: COBOL, DB2, CICS, VSAM, IMS/DL/I, JCL, EXPEDITOR, FILEAID, SPUFI and LIBARIAN
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Perform analysis, design, detail construction and implementation of batch and on-line components for the Schwab Institutional line of business utilizing DB2, Datacom, Cobol II, CICS, Easytrieve and JCL running under MVS/ESA
- Provide 24x7 on call production support of SchwabLink online and batch applications
- Development and enhancements for firms block trade allocation system which managed portfolio activity for Schwab Institutional Investment Managers
- Successfully installed new CICS transactions to perform synchronized update requests of existing Datacom database to new DB2 backend
Environment: COBOL, DB2, CICS, VSAM, JCL, EXPEDITOR, FILEAID, SPUFI