- Around 4+ years of experience, involved in development, system testing, debugging, implementation and maintenance of software applications using Java.
- Strong background in Java/J2EE environments. Well experienced in MVC architecture of Spring and Struts framework.
- Sound knowledge of developing applications based on Open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate
- Experience in Enterprise Integration Development using Apache Camel Framework
- Experienced in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Java, JEE/J2EE, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Spring 2.5/3.0.
- As a developer I have developed products for internal and commercial products and excellent experience in gathering requirements, determining business logic and complete system design.
- Extensive experience in database and web development using Application Server, Oracle, MySQL, XML, Servlet, JSP, PL/SQL, JDBC, WSDL
- Good expertise in developing Java web - based applications using Struts, JSF and Spring MVC web frameworks.
- Good expertise in working with various open source software like Struts, spring, Hibernate, Log4j, JUnit, Ant, Maven in development.
- Extensive experience with Oracle developed several packages, writing SQL queries, stored procedures triggers.
- Good experience in generating SQL and PL/SQL scripts to install, create and drop Trading Exchange Connection database objects including: tables, views, primary keys, indexes, constraints, packages, sequences, grants and synonyms.
- Working experience with Apache Tomcat web server.
- Experience in full System Development Life Cycle Process Engineering, Design, Development, Deployment Support and Testing.
- Experience in java application testing using JUNIT framework, JSF UNIT and SoapUI for unit testing.
- Extensive experience in major build management systems and version systems such as Clear case 7.2 and SVN.
- Proficient in implementing various Java/J2EE design patterns including Singleton, Factory, Abstract Factory, MVC, Front Controller, DAO etc.
- Hands on experience using ANT, MAVEN build tool.
- Worked in Waterfall model and Agile Methodology efficiently.
Core Java: Collections, SWING, JDBC, RMI
J2EE Technologies: JSP, Servlets, AJAX (JSF 2.0), EL
Framework: JSF 2.0, SPRING (2.0, 3.0), Hibernate 3.0,
Annotations, DI, AOP, Spring MVC.
Web Services: WSDL, SOAP, REST
Web Application Server: Glassfish (v3.0), Tom Cat (5.x, 6.0), Oracle Weblogic
XML: XML, CSS
Script: Java Script, HTML/DHTML
IDE: Eclipse, Net Beans
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, My SQL, HQL, Ms Access
OOAD (Design Skills) : UML
Patterns: Design Patterns
Version Control: CVS, SVN, GIT
Operating System: Windows (2000, XP, Vista, 7)
Development Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Confidential - Brookfield, WI
Java Backend Engineer/Developer
- Understand system requirements for the application and preparing technical specifications, worked with the team to review the requirements, and went through the Software Requirement Specification document and Architecture document.
- Redesigned the application modules using Spring Boot Rest API/Services, Spring, Spring-Data, which resulted in 30% decrease in response time, 25% less code and 15% increase in revenue.
- Developed application components using Spring, Spring-Data, Spring Boot and Oracle.
- Designed UML Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Star UML.
- Used various Core Java concepts such as Exception Handling, Collection APIs and Executer Service Framework to implement various features and enhancements.
- Used Spring extensively to achieve dependency injection to wire the object of business class.
- Used Spring Data Repositories to perform CRUD operations.
- Implement OAuth tokenisation for RESTful webservices using Spring boot.
- Involved in creating and Deployment of REST API and Microservices in Java J2EE using Spring Boot.
- Extensively used Sonarqude for code quailty.
- Implementation of authentication for Restful web services using Spring Boot Security Starter.
- Developing the application for incident creation and retrieving the events using restful web services with spring Boot.
- Worked extensively on spring boot for building REST API's.
- Extensively used STS for developing, debugging, integrating and deploying the application.
- Extensively used Maven to build the application and deploy on Embedded Tomcat Server.
- Maintained source code in GIT Repository.
- Used Log4j for logging to trace the application log messages which is used for debugging.
- Designed various tables required for the project in Oracle database.
- Prepared JUnit and Integration test cases and integrated with Jenkins.
- Reviewed the code for ensuring adherence to Java coding standards.
- Used JIRA for writing user stories and raising defects in a defined sprint.
- Used Cobertura tool for code coverage.
- Followed biweekly sprint schedules and delivered user stories on time.
Environment: Java 8, Agile (Scrum), Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Data, STS, Apache Embedded Tomcat, Maven, SOAP UI, POSTMAN, Log4j, GIT, JIRA, Oracle, Windows/Linux.
Confidential - Austin, TX
- Developed the presentation layer using JSF, AJAX, & JQuery.
- Developed User Interfaces using HTML5 and AngularJS.
- Developed Angular JS Services and injected them using Dependency Injection.
- Coded Angular JS controllers and directives for application functionality.
- Implemented Ajax calls using for address normalization using JSF with Ajax integration.
- Worked extensively on Spring IOC/ Dependency Injection. Configured the crosscutting concerns like logging, security using Spring AOP.
- Experience in Enterprise Integration Development using Apache Camel Framework
- Developed Page based specific values using Spring MVC interceptors.
- Implemented transaction management using Spring declarative transaction management.
- Implementing internationalization using Spring core, Resource bundle and message properties.
- Implemented JMS based SOAP Web service.
- Consumed Restful web service to handle Json response using Curl and Jackson frameworks.
- Implemented versioning mechanism for restful web service at header level.
- Developed Data Access Layer using Hibernate core interfaces, annotations, mapping associations.
- Implemented Second level caching mechanism for Hibernate.
- Applied DAO pattern to separate the persistence logic from the business logic. Used HQL and SQL as the query languages in Hibernate Mapping. Integrated Spring with Hibernate.
- Created complex stored procedures, packages, functions, triggers, jobs.
- Improved automated test suite in JUnit, maintained consistent environment.
- Used Jasmine as a unit testing tool in the frontend.
- Designed and developed exception handling. Coded many custom-made exception classes as and when required.
- Used Maven as a build tool and integrated with Jenkins.
- Used Spring Security APIs for Single Sign On.
- Implemented transactional/clustered caching using ecache.
- Worked in Agile methodology for the software development
- Experience in implementing LDAP security models.
- Managed testing activities for multiple modules in the application.
- Done with unit testing using Junit.
Confidential - Houston, TX
- Involved in design and development phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Involved in designing UML Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Followed agile methodology and SCRUM meetings to track, optimize and tailored features to customer needs.
- Developed user interface using JSP, JSP Tag libraries.
- Tag libraries and Java Script to simplify the complexities of the application.
- Implemented Model View Controller (MVC) architecture using Jakarta Struts 2.2 frameworks at presentation tier.
- Developed a Dojo based front end including forms and controls and programmed event handling.
- Implemented SOA architecture with web services using JAX-RS (REST) and JAX-WS (SOAP).
- Developed various Enterprise Java Bean components to fulfill the business functionality.
- Created Action Classes which route submittals to appropriate EJB components and render retrieved information.
- Validated all forms using Struts validation framework and implemented Tiles framework in the presentation layer.
- Used Core java and object-oriented concepts.
- Extensively used Hibernate 3.6 in data access layer to access and update information in the database.
- Used Spring 3.0.5 Framework for Dependency injection and integrated it with the Struts Framework and Hibernate.
- Used JDBC to connect to backend databases, Oracle and SQL Server 2005.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries, stored procedures for multiple databases, Oracle 11g and SQL Server 2005.
- Wrote Stored Procedures using PL/SQL. Performed query optimization to achieve faster indexing and making the system more scalable.
- Deployed application on windows using IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- Used Java Messaging Services (JMS) for reliable and asynchronous exchange of important information such as payment status report.
- Used Web Services - WSDL and REST for getting credit card information from third party and used SAX and DOM XML parsers for data retrieval.
- Implemented SOA architecture with web services using Web Services like JAX-WS.
- Extensively used IBM RAD 8.0 for writing code.
- Implemented Persistence layer using Hibernate to interact with Oracle 11g and SQL Server 2005 databases.
- Used ANT scripts to build the application and deployed on Web Sphere Application Server.
Environment: Java/J2EE, CSS, Subversion, XML, JDBC 4.0, RAD, AJAX, JSF, jQuery, Eclipse 3.6, JMS 1.1, XML Web Services, PL SQL, SOAP, WSDL, SAX, DOM, JAXB, Log4J, JUnit, ANT, IBM WebSphere 7, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, Unix, scrum, agile.