- Overall 5+ Years of extensive experience in AWS Cloud Computing. Configuring, deploying instances and automating on AWS cloud environment mostly involved in the areas of infrastructure deployment and executing DevOps strategy in various environments as needed.
Amazon Web Services: AWS EC2, Volumes, Snapshots, AMIs, ENIs, Tags, IAM, Roles, Policies, IAM users and IAM groups, AWS RDS, Snapshots, RDS subnet groups, S3 Buckets, AWS VPC, AWS subnets, Security groups
Infrastructure as code: Terraform 0.8, Aws CloudFormation templates
CI/CD/Automation tools: Jenkins, Ansible
Scripting: Shell/Bash, Python, YAML(for Ansible)
Operating Systems: Linux/Unix, Windows Server 2012
Confidential, Boston - MA
AWS DEVOPS ENGINEER
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Hands on experience with AWS services like IAM, EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, EBS, Cloud Watch, and Auto scaling following best practices.
- Infrastructure buildout, maintenance, & automation: Collaborated with infrastructure team to maintain servers using Terraform for provisioning, Ansible for automating software configuration. Servers were spread across various regions/availability zones on AWS.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Remote State.
- Experience building terraform templates with key concepts variables, modules, data sources
- Similar experience with Aws CloudFormation templates.
- Experience in automating writing Ansible playbooks in YAML to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Commands, software rollout, packages etc.
- Experience in migrating the my-sql database from on-premise to cloud.
- Primarily used -galaxy command is retrieving roles from the Galaxy. Roles must be downloaded before they can be used in playbooks.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT from scratch. Experience writing jenkins jobs to automate code deployments to dev/stage/prod envs.
- Configured S3 versioning/ lifecycle policies and backup/ archive files in Glacier
- Experience in Branching, Tagging and Maintaining the version control and source code management tool GIT on Linux and windows platforms.
- Experience in Deploying the Java applications using Apache Tomcat server into Cloud.
- Recently Started working on MAVEN which is used to compile and producing war files for our java application.
- Provided 24 x7 on-call supports in debugging and fixing issues related to Linux in Cloud Environment using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in installation, configuration, backup, recovery, maintenance and support.
- Experience in creation and managing user accounts, security, disk space and process monitoring on RHEL, Windows and Linux/Unix.
- Experience writing Shell/python scripts to automate various jobs.
- Experience in working with AWS-LAMBDA to automate the tasks.
- Experienced creating patch groups, used patch baselines and applying patches to the application servers, used patch-compliance to see the compliance summary of patches.
Associate AWS Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, AutoScalingGroups(ASG), EBS, RDS, IAM, CloudWatch.
- Experience in building EC2 instances, AWS Volumes, Snapshots, Amazon Machine Images, Network Interfaces, tagging of resources and Implemented Elastic Load Balancing and AWS Auto Scaling.
- Created NAT gateways and instances to allow communication from the private instances to the internet through bastion hosts.
- Experience in creating IAM Users, Groups, Roles, Identify Providers and defining Policies and applying to IAM Users and Groups. Experience creating EC2 AMI’s and migrating it to different regions. Also automate EC2 instance backup.
- Used security groups, network ACL’s, internet gateways and route tables to ensure a secure zone for organization in AWS public cloud.
- Created and configured elastic load balancers and auto scaling groups to distribute the traffic and to have a cost efficient, fault tolerant and highly available environment.
- Configured S3 buckets with various life cycle policies to archive the infrequently accessed data to storage classes based on requirement.
- Possess good knowledge in creating and launching EC2 instances using AMI’s of Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, and Windows and wrote shell scripts to bootstrap instance.
- Used IAM for creating roles, users, groups and also implemented MFA to provide additional security to AWS account and its resources.