- 7+ years of experience as a Software Developer in Object oriented technologies and Android applications .
- E xperienced in design, development and deployment of Android applications and familiar with agile software development methodologies as well.
- Proficient with Java, C++, Objective C and Android SDK version Android 1.5 to Android 7.0 .
- Expertise in creating and developing applications for android operating system using Eclipse IDE, SQLite, Java, XML, Android SDK and ADT plugin
- Extensive experience in building mobile applications using Android framework APIs such as (Location, Camera, Animations, Maps, ESPN, YouTube etc.).
- Excellent in troubleshooting and debugging software applications, creating, executing and documenting test cases for Android app.
- Experience in using SQLite Database, Content Providers and Sync Adapters for mobile data management.
- Experience on Android UI components such as TextView, ListView, Customized ListView, Menus, Edit boxes, Buttons, Checkboxes, Dialog boxes, Alert boxes, Action bars, and Spinners for various layouts in Application development.
- Experience to working with the different UI component in Android along with MP charts, Action Bar and View Pager.
- Experience in working with XML parser's, REST/SOAP and server - side technologies like Apache and PHP.
- Solid understanding of interfacing to back-end system using XML/JSON, OAUTH 2.0, etc.
- Experience in branching, pushing and merging codes with remote repository such as GIT & SVN .
- Good knowledge in using Stash to maintain software version control, pull requests for committed codes and peer-to-peer code review.
- Good understanding in Testing Mobile applications and bug tracking for the production team fixing.
- Proficient with UML Diagrams, Use Cases and Sequence Diagrams to design programming solutions.
- Self-motivated and excellent abilities to learn new languages and other concepts quickly, excellent interpersonal skills and abilities to communicate with team players.
Programming Languages: Java, C, Data Structures, Android, HTML, CSS, Kotlin
SQLite3:, SQL Server 2012, MySQL, Realm.
Third Party Libraries: Picasso, Volley, OpenGL, Dagger, Retrofit, Jackson.
Development Tools (IDE)
Android Studio:, Eclipse, NetBeans, X-Code
Frameworks: JQuery, JQuery Mobile, Selenium.
Version Control: Github, SVN, TFS.
Android OS:, LINUX, UNIX, Mac, Ubuntu all flavors
Web Service Frameworks: REST, SOAP, JSON and XML.
API s: Google Maps, Cloud Services.
Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM
Confidential - Rosemont, IL
- Followed the Agile methodology for implementing the project.
- Worked as a part of sprint planning and communicate with other management, engineers, product managers and support specialists on product issues.
- Worked in different phases of the project cycle like design, development and testing.
- Developed mobile app using web technologies like CSS, HTML5 & SASS.
- Responsible for capturing all new business requirements from the business, and translating such into architecture and technical documents, including but not limited to UML diagrams and technical specifications.
- Created interface for Android native and hybrid implementation.
- Created Custom Splash Screen for application.
- Worked with Android Components such as Activities, Intents, Services and Custom UI Components such as Text View, List View, Expandable List View, Layouts and menus.
- Worked with Android UI components such as Layouts, Menus, Navigation Drawer and Action Bars.
- Participated in designing of layouts for various screen sizes.
- Implementation of Android Broadcast Receiver from background service to start application.
- Used Notification Service for implemented Fragmentation for levels of variation range from differences in device hardware such as display resolution and size.
- Worked on local data storage using SQLite.
- Responsible for hands-on development as well as doing code reviews and managing planned releases from DEV, QA, UAT (user acceptance testing), and PROD.
- Consumed web services and Implemented Http Communication using JSON Data.
- Implemented the modules in the framework which is used by the entire Android application.
- Developed backend communication using SOAP API Web Service for processing online payments.
Environment and Technology: HTML, CSS, Java, Android SDK 4.4, Eclipse IDE, JSON, REST Web Services, XML, Crashlytics, JIRA, SVN, JUNIT.
- Worked on the Test-Driven Development (TDD) by using Mockito to test use cases.
- Utilized Google Maps API to enable Google map search for near locations.
- A key resource for layout and UI work utilizing XML, Views, WebView, List View, Menu Item, Activities, Fragments Animations, Notifications, Push Notifications, Async Task, etc.
- Design screens using MVP pattern for the application with Android Studio IDE
- Created a local database using SQLite to store and retrieve the data
- Used ADB logcat, DDMS for Debugging.
- Download and upload content from back-end web server via REST API.
- Used library like ButterKnife to bind the views.
- Used SQLite database to cache the data received from the web services.
- Pitfalls of image loading on Android are handled by using Picasso library.
- Developed test cases and performed unit testing using JUnit.
- Created and used SQL Queries, Scripts and Stored Procedures for data validations
- Implemented the required GUI by making modifications to the xml files.
- Tested the application on various Android devices.
- Assisted in designing the User Interface (UI/UX) and overall look and feel of the app.
- Worked on the local data storage using shared preferences to store and retrieve persistent key value pairs across user sessions
- Implemented Bluetooth Low Energy Beacon to show exact location by providing strong context signal for the devices.
- Used JIRA to track issues and GitHub to manage the code
- Developed the app to adapt to different orientations landscape/portrait and various resolutions ldpi/mdpi/hdpi based on the devices.
- Involved in working with Restful Web service with JSON.
Environment and Technology: Java, Android Studio 2.x, Github, Source Tree, JSON, XML, JIRA, ButterKnife 7.0.1, Retrofit 2.0.0
Confidential - Richmond, VA
- Involved in requirement gathering and designing of the application.
- Responsible for developing the Android UI layouts.
- Responsible for implementing Google Analytics
- Created custom Views, such as List Items, Date/Time Pickers, Complex Radio and Image Buttons, as well as custom ListView Adapters.
- Implemented intents for navigating to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Responsible for flow control between different activities using explicit and implicit intents.
- Added styles/themes to make UI look better.
- Responsible for the Android business logic that uses Json queries for getting data from the backend systems.
- Involved in integrating the service to the UI
- Involved in performance testing along with Functional and regression tests.
- Used Quality center and followed the defect workflow during the defect resolutions
- Coordinated with Configuration Manager for continuous integration.
- Followed agile methodology to implement the project.
- Performed on device debugging using ADB and tested application in both emulator and device Environment
Environment and Technology: Android Studio, Java, Eclipse 3.5, SQLite, JSON, REST APIs, Google Analytics
- Involved in requirement gathering, design and implementation .
- Designed the UI/UX of the application using Custom Views and List Views
- Introduced the push notifications through the Google Cloud Messaging API
- Implemented Google Maps API for the navigation alerts.
- Used Web Services and networking to parse xml online data from server.
- Peer review of Code.
- Bug fixes and enhancement of the app with new features.
- Debugged and tested the application on device.
Environment and Technology: Android Studio, Java, Eclipse 3.5, ADT Plugin, Android SDK 1.5 and up, SVN. XML, Multi-threading, SQLite3, Notification, Shared Preferences, Fragments.
Junior Java Developer
- Involved in design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of application
- Involved in the development of patient module application as per the client requirement using Core Java, JSP, Struts and JDBC.
- Used Struts Framework for implementing the MVC Architecture.
- Actively involved in the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Involved in communicating, coordinating meetings with the client and taking the requirements.
- Involved in fixing the bugs posted in JIRA tool.
- Proactively participated in the developer meetings conducted by the client and explained the project flow and database mapping.
Environment and Technology: JAVA, Struts2, Spring Framework, Apache Tomcat, AJAX.