- 7+ years of experience as a Software Developer in Object oriented technologies and Android applications .
- E xperienced in design, development and deployment of Android applications and familiar with agile software development methodologies as well.
- Proficient with Java, C++, Objective C and Android SDK version Android 1.5 to Android 7.0 .
- Expertise in creating and developing applications for android operating system using Eclipse IDE, SQLite, Java, XML, Android SDK and ADT plugin
- Extensive experience in building mobile applications using Android framework APIs such as (Location, Camera, Animations, Maps, ESPN, YouTube etc.).
- Excellent in troubleshooting and debugging software applications, creating, executing and documenting test cases for Android app.
- Experience in using SQLite Database, Content Providers and Sync Adapters for mobile data management.
- Experience on Android UI components such as TextView, ListView, Customized ListView, Menus, Edit boxes, Buttons, Checkboxes, Dialog boxes, Alert boxes, Action bars, and Spinners for various layouts in Application development.
- Experience to working with the different UI component in Android along with MP charts, Action Bar and View Pager.
- Experience in working with XML parser's, REST/SOAP and server - side technologies like Apache and PHP.
- Solid understanding of interfacing to back-end system using XML/JSON, OAUTH 2.0, etc.
- Experience in branching, pushing and merging codes with remote repository such as GIT & SVN .
- Good knowledge in using Stash to maintain software version control, pull requests for committed codes and peer-to-peer code review.
- Good understanding in Testing Mobile applications and bug tracking for the production team fixing.
- Proficient with UML Diagrams, Use Cases and Sequence Diagrams to design programming solutions.
- Self-motivated and excellent abilities to learn new languages and other concepts quickly, excellent interpersonal skills and abilities to communicate with team players.
Programming Languages: Java, C, Data Structures, Android, HTML, CSS, Kotlin
SQLite3:, SQL Server 2012, MySQL, Realm.
Third Party Libraries: Picasso, Volley, OpenGL, Dagger, Retrofit, Jackson.
Development Tools: (IDE)
Android Studio:, Eclipse, NetBeans, X-Code
Frameworks: JQuery, JQuery Mobile, Selenium.
Version Control: Github, SVN, TFS.
Android OS:, LINUX, UNIX, Mac, Ubuntu all flavors
Web Service Frameworks: REST, SOAP, JSON and XML.
API s: Google Maps, Cloud Services.
Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM
Confidential - Rosemont, IL
- Followed the Agile methodology for implementing the project.
- Worked as a part of sprint planning and communicate with other management, engineers, product managers and support specialists on product issues.
- Worked in different phases of the project cycle like design, development and testing.
- Developed mobile app using web technologies like CSS, HTML5 & SASS.
- Responsible for capturing all new business requirements from the business, and translating such into architecture and technical documents, including but not limited to UML diagrams and technical specifications.
- Created interface for Android native and hybrid implementation.
- Created Custom Splash Screen for application.
- Worked with Android Components such as Activities, Intents, Services and Custom UI Components such as Text View, List View, Expandable List View, Layouts and menus.
- Worked with Android UI components such as Layouts, Menus, Navigation Drawer and Action Bars.
- Participated in designing of layouts for various screen sizes.
- Implementation of Android Broadcast Receiver from background service to start application.
- Used Notification Service for implemented Fragmentation for levels of variation range from differences in device hardware such as display resolution and size.
- Worked on local data storage using SQLite.
- Responsible for hands-on development as well as doing code reviews and managing planned releases from DEV, QA, UAT (user acceptance testing), and PROD.
- Consumed web services and Implemented Http Communication using JSON Data.
- Implemented the modules in the framework which is used by the entire Android application.
- Developed backend communication using SOAP API Web Service for processing online payments.
Environment and Technology: HTML, CSS, Java, Android SDK 4.4, Eclipse IDE, JSON, REST Web Services, XML, Crashlytics, JIRA, SVN, JUNIT.
Participated in all the phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC) which includes Development, Testing, Re-Design.
- Worked on the Test-Driven Development (TDD) by using Mockito to test use cases.
- Utilized Google Maps API to enable Google map search for near locations.
- A key resource for layout and UI work utilizing XML, Views, WebView, List View, Menu Item, Activities, Fragments Animations, Notifications, Push Notifications, Async Task, etc.
- Design screens using MVP pattern for the application with Android Studio IDE
- Created a local database using SQLite to store and retrieve the data
- Used ADB logcat, DDMS for Debugging.
- Download and upload content from back-end web server via REST API.
- Used library like ButterKnife to bind the views.
- Used SQLite database to cache the data received from the web services.
- Pitfalls of image loading on Android are handled by using Picasso library.
- Developed test cases and performed unit testing using JUnit.
- Created and used SQL Queries, Scripts and Stored Procedures for data validations
- Implemented the required GUI by making modifications to the xml files.
- Tested the application on various Android devices.
- Assisted in designing the User Interface (UI/UX) and overall look and feel of the app.
- Worked on the local data storage using shared preferences to store and retrieve persistent key value pairs across user sessions
- Implemented Bluetooth Low Energy Beacon to show exact location by providing strong context signal for the devices.
- Used JIRA to track issues and GitHub to manage the code
- Developed the app to adapt to different orientations landscape/portrait and various resolutions ldpi/mdpi/hdpi based on the devices.
- Involved in working with Restful Web service with JSON.
Environment and Technology: Java, Android Studio 2.x, Github, Source Tree, JSON, XML, JIRA, ButterKnife 7.0.1, Retrofit 2.0.0
Confidential - Richmond, VA
- Involved in requirement gathering and designing of the application.
- Responsible for developing the Android UI layouts.
- Responsible for implementing Google Analytics
- Created custom Views, such as List Items, Date/Time Pickers, Complex Radio and Image Buttons, as well as custom ListView Adapters.
- Implemented intents for navigating to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Responsible for flow control between different activities using explicit and implicit intents.
- Added styles/themes to make UI look better.
- Responsible for the Android business logic that uses Json queries for getting data from the backend systems.
- Involved in integrating the service to the UI
- Involved in performance testing along with Functional and regression tests.
- Used Quality center and followed the defect workflow during the defect resolutions
- Coordinated with Configuration Manager for continuous integration.
- Followed agile methodology to implement the project.
- Performed on device debugging using ADB and tested application in both emulator and device Environment
Environment and Technology: Android Studio, Java, Eclipse 3.5, SQLite, JSON, REST APIs, Google Analytics
- Involved in requirement gathering, design and implementation .
- Designed the UI/UX of the application using Custom Views and List Views
- Introduced the push notifications through the Google Cloud Messaging API
- Implemented Google Maps API for the navigation alerts.
- Used Web Services and networking to parse xml online data from server.
- Peer review of Code.
- Bug fixes and enhancement of the app with new features.
- Debugged and tested the application on device.
Environment and Technology: Android Studio, Java, Eclipse 3.5, ADT Plugin, Android SDK 1.5 and up, SVN. XML, Multi-threading, SQLite3, Notification, Shared Preferences, Fragments.
Junior Java Developer
- Involved in design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of application
- Involved in the development of patient module application as per the client requirement using Core Java, JSP, Struts and JDBC.
- Used Struts Framework for implementing the MVC Architecture.
- Actively involved in the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Involved in communicating, coordinating meetings with the client and taking the requirements.
- Involved in fixing the bugs posted in JIRA tool.
- Proactively participated in the developer meetings conducted by the client and explained the project flow and database mapping.
Environment and Technology: JAVA, Struts2, Spring Framework, Apache Tomcat, AJAX.