- Key Area of interests: Java, Big Data, Hadoop, Machine Learning.
- Strong expertise in Java, C, C++, Scala.
- Sound understanding of Algorithms, Data Structures and Object - Oriented Programming Concepts
- Strong Oral and Written communication
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, Scala, Python, Bash Scripting
Operating Systems and Databases: Windows, Linux, SQL(Relational), HBase
Tools: Tableau, Eclipse, Jupyter, GitHub, SSH, Putty, WinSCP, Junit testing
Hadoop Ecosystem: HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, Hue, Zookeeper, Sqoop, Oozie, Flume
Confidential, Orlando, FL
- Working in a start-up-like environment, with juggling around various projects. Experience handling multiple projects at a time and working around tight deadlines.
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; following the software development lifecycle.
- Data Mining and Predictive Analytics for the Aviation Industry by visualizing the Estimated Time of Arrival Algorithms. Visual representation and analysis of Airlines performances and company’s internal algorithms using Tableau.
- Writing parts of Bash Shell Scripts and extensive SQL Queries to report and manage all the Flight Landing Fees at our Hub Airports at the end of the month.
- Handling huge amounts of data and creating new tables as per the requirements by merging columns from different servers and data feeds.
- Designed an alerts system to send out alerts at the threshold using C.
- Investigating the problem areas by testing and debugging the already existing codes and scripts like Flight Tracker.
- The objective of this project was to perform sentiment analysis based on the tweets data downloaded from Twitter using Hive.
- Sentiment analysis was done on the movie “Iron Man 3” using Hive and visualized the result data using Tableau.
Software Engineer Intern
- Created an EMPBOARD application which automates the joining of a new employee to the company.
- As a team member, I was involved in various stages (designing, development, testing) of the project.