- Over 16 years of experience in IT industry with the core competency as design and development of Java, J2EE and Python based applications.
- Expert understanding and experience in Oauth and authentication/Authorization concepts.
- Great experience implementing API gateways, Authentication
- Well experienced in implementing custom auth flows, Lambdas, IAM and third party Oauth product integrations
- Experience design and architecture of Applications on Cloud.
- Having core functional expertise as financial domain, worked in projects ranging functionality over securities & derivatives, wealth management, foreign exchange, core banking and retail banking.
- Good experience in cable and telecom industry working on HomeSecurity and IOT applications
- Great understanding of machine learning techniques like deep learning, NLP.
- Hands on experience with machine learning libraries like numpy, Open NLP
- Familiarity with the statistical machine learning methodologies like linear regression, classification and clustering.
- Completed Under graduate level mathematics.
- Extensive experience in interacting with the users on trading floors and performing business Analysis and Gap Analysis on the instruments like futures, options, Bonds and interest rate Swaps.
- Specialized in creating high performance and high frequency computing systems for trading and market data applications.
- Good understanding of Python programming language.
- Good knowledge and working experience on big data solutions like Hadoop, Apache kafka.
- Elaborate experience in re - engineering and performance tuning of java applications.
- Extensive experience working on In-memory data grid (distributed caching) and applications leveraging that structure of data.
- Worked extensively on Distributed caches(oracle coherence) and grid computing (datasynapse grid)
- Experience in designing solutions on various SOAs like distributed computing, RESTful webservices etc
- Experience and commendable track record of mentoring technical teams and moving towards common deliverables.
- Excellent experience and understanding about Scaled agile methodology and other agile methodologies like scrum and Extreme programming (XP).
- Experience managing team and performing Scrum Master responsibilities in a scaled Agile environment.
- Continued hands on experience with system design, development and preparation and review of test strategies.
- Huge experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and developing test automation frameworks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
AI technologies: Deep learning, numpy, ML Methodologies, NLP
J2EE technologies: REST webservices, soap web services, JSP, Servlets, XML, JMS
Frameworks: Spring, Junit, hibernate
Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell scripting, Perl
Databases: Sybase, Sql Server, Oracle SQL/PLSQL
Distributed cache: Oracle coherence 3.7
Grid computing: Datasynapse grid 6.0
Big Data: Amazon dynamoDB (NoSql), Apache kafka, Apache Hadoop
Cloud Tech: Amazon - API Gateway, Cognito, cloud formation, IAM, AWS lambda, EC2, Apigee
Automation and DevOps: Jenkins, chef, Ansible, Docker, VPC
Application servers: Weblogic10.3, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
Operating systems: Windows, Linux, Solaris
Sr cloud Application & API Architect
- Worked in all aspects of AWS application and Microservices architecture, design and development.
- Extensive Use of Cognito in combination with Lambdas to achieve the custom Oauth flow in the Aws environment
- Migrated all the Apigee proxies into API gateway APIs
- Migrated the Apigee workflows, including the error handling into API gateway environment.
- Developed the complete set of Lambda functions in nodeJS for the project.
- Integrated AWS cognito with the openId connect product through IAM
- Architected and implemented the migration of existing suite of applications into Java Microservices architecture.
- Proposed the data-as-a-service concept to make the transition to microservices smoother and seamless.
- Developed the full suite of Cloud Formation templates, one for Infra and another for code to deploy in AWS.
- Implemented Hydra for third party user oauth login.
- Utilized virtualization tools like Docker for system deployments
Technologies: java, nodeJS, Python, Apigee, AWS API Gateway, Cognito, Lambda, IAM, Cloud Formation, DynamoDB, Spring Boot, Automation.
ConfidentialSenior Java Developer
- Worked as a senior developer doing hands-on coding on a daily basis.
- Worked on Authentication module implementing sessions, filters for authentication.
- Developed Authorization functionality for the whole platform. This includes scope management, flexible and configurable design for user authorization and working with websockets.
- Solved critical problems in websocket-delta queue communications and the event delivery.
- Responsible for interacting with IOT platform (IControl) using our java platform.
- Proposed standards for Wiki documentation for the REST API and project documentation.
- Developed data persistence layer for No-sql, amazon dynamoDB
- Support the Mobile App team while testing.
Technologies: Java 8, Python, RESTful webservices(SOA), Amazon dynamoDB(NoSql), Internet Of Things (IOT), Linux, Junit
Sr Java Developer/Architect
- Responsible for creating the architecture and doing core component development for trading risk.
- Developed the java data structures for the initial design of the application.
- Designed and developed concurrent data processing frameworks in java.
- Developed java Interfaces for the data sources like market data systems and position management systems.
- Extensively used Oracle coherence cache for initial design (Application spanning) of the trading risk application.
- Proposed and initiated moving towards micro services architecture based on REST API and spring 4 to achieve more flexible and componentized design for trading systems risk calculation.
- Worked extensively on test driven development and devised strategies for regression test using Junit.
- Extensively used Junit, Mockito for developing unit tests and regression suites.
- Responsible for and hands-on involvement in code refactoring, code quality and continuous improvement of the system.
Technologies: Java1.6, Scala(Apache Kafka), RESTful webservices(SOA), Oracle, Oracle Coherence, Datasynapse, Linux, Junit
ConfidentialSenior Java Developer
- Developed position based Var calculation engine in java which deals about variable dimensions.
- Worked on big data processing scenarios processing up to 50TB of data for Confidential calculation.
- Migrated application to use Hadoop for distributed storage of historical data for Confidential .
- Extensively involved in developing test automation frameworks and unit testing & Regression testing strategies.
- Worked in an agile environment and well verse with the processes involved in it.
- Technical mentoring of the team during the development process.
Technologies: Java1.6, Oracle, Hadoop, Linux, Junit
Confidential, New York
Sr Java Developer/Architect
- Was involved in coordinating with the trading desk users to understand the current issues/requirements.
- Solely responsible for design and development of the core system in java.
- Solely responsible for re architecture of an existing framework in java and spring to make it more efficient, scalable and generic.
- Extensively used java multi threading and design strategies to address performance and concurrency issues.
- Extensively worked on market data feeds(Reuters) and market data platforms(RMDS)
- Extensively used distributed caching (Tangosol/ oracle coherence) and grid computing (Datasynapse) to achieve high stability with loose coupling of the systems.
- Developed a risk service using Calypso API to calculate risk for CDS and IRS
- Used calypso market data to generate different risk scenarios to calculate risk.
- Was solely responsible for the coordination with the managers of the upstream and down-stream systems (trading systems).
- Solely designed and developed a real time risk viewer system using java swing.
- Was involved in bringing the new team members up to speed and allocate tasks as per time lines.
- Worked on different technologies like coherence distributed cache, data synapse grid computing and calypso.
- Extensively used tangosol caches including decisions on the types of caches and schemes.
- Extensive code development to be used on data synapse grids and using tangosol caches.
- Developed application and automated scripts in Unix Shell Scripting
- Did a major re-engineering of an existing framework where I brought down the cycle time (Snap time) from over a minute to about 500 milliseconds.
- Was able to quickly pick up new technologies like distributed caching, grid computing and few others.
- Worked on multiple projects simultaneously. At a point of time, I was involved in coding for 4 parallel projects.
- One of the major challenges is to manage and define scope for the ever changing requirements from the traders. And to set the expectations right regarding risk calculation numbers, methods and time lines.
- Managing the coordination effort with the heads of about 8 upstream systems and a down stream system (trading desk)
Environment: Java, sql, coherence distributed cache, data synapse grid, calypso, webservices SOA, Grid Computing SOA, Shell Scripting, ant, junit, spring.
Operating systems: Windows and Linux
Senior Java Consultant
- Involved in meetings to finalize the AS-IS and TO-BE processes of the business.
- Doing the gap analysis between the product and the client processes.
- Implementing the customization by writing java based plug-ins.
- Implemented agile methodology called SCRUM.
- Involved in scoping each sprint and implementing the functionality with documentation and tracking.
- Implemented the whole J2EE product on the IBM Websphere server.
- Developed unix shell scripts to install and run the application in uAT and Prod environments.
- Involved in talking to the SMEs regarding the possible scenarios of parallel business processes.
- Working on Calypso java API to develop some generic pluggable components to process any kind of trade.
Environment: Java, oracle, Third party products like Guidewire, unix shell scripting and Calypso, IBM Websphere
Operating systems: Windows and Linux
Confidential, San Francisco
Senior Java Developer
- Involved in design and development of weblogic integration (WLI) processes.
- Used MQ Series for JMS based integration with loan origination systems.
- Solely proposed, designed and developed the happy path and failure scenario processes for the project.
- Developed the interaction java code for the components.
- Set up the JMS enabled environment for the messaging.
- Involved in exposing WLI processes as Web services
- Involved in data mapping between the systems using Contivo.
- Initiated and accomplished the functional document of the processes.
Environment: Java, JMS, web services, Weblogic Integration, Weblogic portal, Weblogic workshop, Weblogic App server, JUNIT, Cactus, Contivo, MQ Series
Operating systems: Windows