- 8 years of professional experience in IT Industry includes Analysis, Design, Testing, Development and Implementation of Test plan and Test cases and Test process of Client/Server and web based Multi - Tier architecture systems.
- Hands-on technology professional accustomed to working in complex, project based environments. Multifaceted experience in Functional, Performance, User Acceptance and DB Testing.
- Backed by strong credentials like divergent Testing methodologies, Agile Scrum methodologies, monitoring tools and cross-platform skills in Windows and Unix.
- Recognized for developing test cases/scenarios, conducting functional, ad-hoc testing for the applications with expanded test coverage and rapidly discovering defects.
- Involved in testing the new functionality based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues, Defect Management by Logging and Tracking bugs during execution in Jira.
- Directly Interacted with Project Teams, Developers, Business Analysts/Product Owner and Clients for Test requirements, clarifications and Testing.
- Involved in UAT testing in UAT environment, prepared UAT test cases and testing estimates.
- Good at analyzing the issues and documenting them for future use.
- Good team player with best motivational skills and able to work individually/with a team, as well as in multicultural environments.
- Test Plans, Scenarios, Cases & Processes
- UI & Compatibility Testing
- Data Interface & Migration Testing
- Defect & Bug Tracking
- Atlassian Products: Confluence (Content Management Tool), Rally Dev (Agile Project Management tool) and Jira (Defect tracking and Project Management tool)
- TeamCity (Continuous Integration server)
- Toad with PL/SQL
- Unix Putty
- Knowledge of SoapUI, Postman
Sr. QA Engineer
- Acted as an Onsite Co-Ordinator for an Offshore Team. Actively involved in sprint/scrum meetings.
- Lead the UAT(User Acceptance Testing) support individually.
- Active participation in product-design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle(SDLC) to provide inputs on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues. Leveraged developer background to communicate effectively with software design team, gaining their respect and becoming a valued, “go-to” team member on challenging test cases.
- Analyzing the Business Requirements and System Specifications to understand the application, Acquire Acceptance criteria and prepare sturdy functional test cases.
- Functional Documentation of the new features using Atlassian Confluence tool.
- End-to-end responsibility of Functional Testing of features/Change requests.
- Regression Testing using Selenium for GUI.
- Responsible for logging defects, monitoring their status and tracking them to closure using Jira.
- Proactively took part in the Pre-Release and Post Release Activities.
- Demo the completed features to the Product Owner/End User.
Environment & Tools: Java, STS, GIT, Grails, Oracle 10g, TOAD, Selenium IDE, Rally Dev, Jira, TeamCity, Atlassian Confluence, Unix Putty
Sr. QA Engineer,
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Analyzing the Business Requirements and System Specifications to understand the application and monitor the regular changes in the requirements
- Application Performance testing for technical upgrades of the Application.
- Handling Router changes for new requirements.
- Writing sturdy Test Scenarios for Functional, Regression, Integration, System Testing and Executing them
- Involved in raising and tracking Jiras for features/defects.
- Passionately involved in the Pre-Release activities
- Writing DB Scripts and involved in DB Testing.
- Provided L3 support for solving production issues.
- Demo the resolved features to the end Users.
Environment & Tools: Java, STS, GIT, Grails, Oracle 10g, TOAD, Rally Dev, TeamCity, Atlassian Confluence, Unix Putty
- Actively involved in sprint planning sessions.
- Proactively handled Scrum Master responsibilities.
- Generating and executing Functional Test cases and Collecting the SOX evidence.
- Defect tracking using Jira.
- Involved in triggering Builds and deploying to different environments and debugging environmental issues.
- Preparing Test cases for Automated Testing Framework(ATF) and executing the same.
- Preparing Functional, Regression Test Cases and executing them.
- Proactively acted as ATF guardian.
- Handling MQ Migration from SSE to SSE NG
- Demo the resolved features to the end Users and Clients.
Environment & Tools: Java, Eclipse, Tortoise SVN, Grails, Maven, Oracle 9i, TOAD, Jira, Rally Dev, Atlassian Confluence, TeamCity, Unix Putty
- Analyzing the Business Requirements and System Specifications to understand the application and monitor the regular changes in the requirements.
- Preparing Functional documentation.
- Generating and executing Test cases using ATF(Automation Test Framework).
- Recorded highly detailed documentation of defects in Jira for local and off-shore teams
- Proactively deployed the builds to different testing environments to proceed for rigorous functional testing.
Environment & Tools: Java, Eclipse, Tortoise SVN, Grails, Maven, Oracle 9i, TOAD, TeamCity, Rally Dev, Unix Putty
- Documentation for the frequent issues solved
- Involved in Project Management Documentation.
- Looking into Support and Performance issues
- Worked on Change Requests and bug fixing.
- Worked on the assigned Elementool tickets raised by the Application users.
- Overseeing the Quality procedures related to the changes.
- Configuration Representative.
- Monitoring the changes in the inventory of the client.
- Unit Testing and Peer Testing.
Environment & Tools: Java, BEA Weblogic9.2, Oracle9i, Eclipse 3.3, ClearCase, WinSCP, APP Builder, UNIX, iPlanet6.1, ASERA Framework, Elementool.