- Detailed technical knowledge and hands on experience in Devops, Automation , Configuration management , Containerization , Cloud computing with around 7 years of IT experience as Devops Engineer , Build/Release Engineer and Java Developer.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life - cycle (SDLC) with Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices across E-commerce, Finance, Video Software domains.
- Built and supported CI/CD systems using Jenkinsfile with multiple stages across each environment to be completely automated and Pipeline as a code.
- Configured and administered AWS (Amazon Web services) like EC2 instances, VPC, S3, SNS, Security Groups, Elastic IP's, Key pairs, Auto scaling, Elastic load balancing, AWS Cloud Formation and Amazon Cloud watch for different zones in development, testing and production environments .
- Administered and Supported Container orchestration systems like Kubernetes with End-End Encryption between all the Components.
- High level understanding of Devops, Automation, Containerization with best practices and followed 12factor app design for each component during containerizing them.
- Implemented Chef Recipes, Cookbooks to automate a Deployment directly into Cloud Platform leveraging roles, templates and chef supermarket services.
- Solid understanding and expertise in Puppet modules, roles and maintaining system configuration for multiple VMS across multiple environments.
- Configured and managed source code using Git & GitHub, Bit Bucket and resolved code merging conflicts in collaboration with application developers.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments with Tracking Tools like Jira .
- Experience in using Artifactory Repository for Maven and Ant builds.
- Excellent experience in configuring monitoring tools like and Logstash, Fluentd, Instana, Kibana, Elasticsearch, Splunk for log management.
- Worked on Tomcat 7 , JBoss, WebLogic, Nginx and web servers for deployments.
- Strong Bash , Groovy (Jenkinsfile) , Python scripting skills to support and improve Java-based applications, overall system performance.
- Hands on experience in supporting production systems for highly available and reliable architecture at any given time
- Experience in Design and development of Internet applications using Java /JMS/EJB 3/JSF/ SPRING BOOT /JSP/Servlets/ JDBC / Hibernate technologies.
- Responsible for Building and Deploying java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Production.
- Exceptional communication skills and business acumen to convey complex technical and business process issues to multiple in formal presentations, desk side, and across long lines.
Version Control Tools \ Web/App Servers :Git, Bit Bucket, GitHub Code Commit.\ Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, Jboss
CI Tools \ Cloud Technologies: Jenkins, Teamcity, Ant, Maven.\ AWS, GCP
AWS Services \ Automation/Build Tools : EC2, ELB, VPC, Cloud formation, S3, Cloud \ Jenkins2.0, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, \ watch, SNS, EBS, Route 53\ Artifactory, Ansible
Database \ Bug Tracking Tools : Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB 7, SQL Server, \ JIRA \ Amazon DynamoDB.
Languages/Scripts \ Java Technologies : Bash, Groovy, Python Java/J2EE, \ JMS, Spring boot, JSP, Servlets, Hibernate.
Operating Systems \ Containerization : Linux (Red hat and Ubuntu), MacOS\ Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift.
Confidential -Milwaukee, WI
R oles & Responsibilities:
- Involved in Supporting and Development of CI/CD Automation to multiple sterling applications on to Openshift.
- Optimized build process to reduce the maven build time for multi module maven builds by running them parallel.
- Solid understanding and hands on experience in Containerization by deploying them on to Openshift platform.
- Involved in architecting the CI/CD frame work for microservices with Spring applications into cloud environments.
- Worked on incidents during build and deployment process to remove any blockers for the release and development process.
- Integrated multiple tools like Checkmarx, Sonar with CI/CD and published reports to the respective prod servers.
- Provisioned Dynamic slaves in OpenShift for Jenkins to use resources effectively instead of static slaves.
- Hands on experience in writing Jenkinsfile with multiple stages to deploy to all LLE and HLE with the business requirements.
- Documented all the CI/CD efforts and architecture in confluence for the future references.
- Provisioned VM’s in the GCP both in LLE and HLE’s for different use cases.
- Administered all the Openshift activities by maintaining all the manifests required for deployments by using rolling deployment strategies across multiple environments.
- Maintained and versioned all the artifacts by promoting them to different nexus repositories all the way to release process in the CI/CD process.
- High level knowledge and support of different CI/CD architectures based on the underlying framework for the apps.
- Involved in weekly meetings with cross functional teams regarding new requirements and projects onboarding with the new CI/CD architectures.
Environment: GitHub, Sonar, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Checkmarx, Openshift, GCP, Sterling, Springboot, Cavisson, Splunk
Confidential - Denver, CO
DevOps/Containerization Lead Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Involved in Refactoring Monolithic java applications to microservices architecture and Containerizing each service with more reliability for Multiple projects.
- Administered and built CI/CD pipelines (Jenkinsfile) from Scratch to dockerize and deploy individual service on to Kubernetes Cluster across multiple environments.
- Provisioned, Configured and administered required infrastructure for the CI/CD process in the AWS Cloud providing best practices for Containerization.
- Containerized all the software development process including building and testing using docker for isolation among multiple environments.
- Collaborating with Application developers on day-day basis for build consistency and build reports in Jenkins and providing valuable insights to increase productivity.
- Involved in administering the Bitbucket, which involved creating New repositories, Creating New Projects and giving required permissions to users.
- Deep Knowledge and understanding of the Networking concepts, troubleshooting the Network errors and investigating the root cause for the packet loss.
- Involved in troubleshooting the blockers and issues in the CI/CD and provided persistent solutions for the build consistency on the Jenkins slaves.
- Analyzed the requirements and aligned to the Containerized architecture for the Customer and providing feedbacks for Highly available architecture.
- Engaged with the client, conducted weekly meetings and provided High level documentation for the entire Containerization effort across multiple video software development projects.
- Administered and developed Kubernetes clusters from scratch in AWS making it highly available across multiple Availability zones and encrypted all kubernetes components, data at rest with TLS encryption.
- Involved in defining Docker, kubernetes artifacts for all Microservices and integrated Docker registry, Kubernetes cluster with Pipeline as a Code using Jenkinsfile.
- Analyzed metrics and logs using Instana and splunk for individual microservices and provided best practices in containerizing using minimum layers in Dockerfile.
- Integrated Kubernetes with Hashicorp Vault to inject configurations at runtime for each service using init, config sidecars and persistent volume sharing between app and config containers.
- High level understanding of Kubernetes architecture for orchestrating containers at fly using replica sets, horizontal pod Autoscaler for high availability and fault tolerance.
Environment: Bitbucket, Git, Spring Boot, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, kubernetes, AWS, Splunk, Instana, Hashi corp Vault, Apache Kafka, Mongo DB, Nexus
Confidential - Bentonville, Arkansas
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Created fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects with Zero Downtime robust architecture.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Git support, implemented, maintained the Branching, Build/Release strategies utilizing Git repositories.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins server with Maven plugins and Automated the build triggers to the testing environment.
- Stored the binaries of the build in Artifactory Maven repository by packaging all the source files and its dependencies.
- Implemented Chef best-practices and introduced Berkshelf and Test Kitchen to facilitate a more natural cookbook development work flow.
- Detailed Knowledge and experience in building Docker images and publishing to private Docker registry.
- Created and Configured Kubernetes cluster on AWS using KOPS and cloud formation templates.
- Orchestrated Kubernetes cluster with Highly Available Master controllers and multihost worker nodes.
- Hands on experience in creating the pod, deployment definitions with replication controllers and Service on top of pods for successful routing of requests.
- Performed the automation deployments by creating EC2 instances to provide Multihost Model for Kubernetes cluster.
- Introduced load-based autoscaling to increase capacity at peak times and reduce costs at off-peak times.
- Implemented continuous monitoring using Nagios, Amazon Cloudwatch, ELK.
- Installed, monitored and configured Applications in Nginx and Apache Tomcat Server and establish connectivity to databases and troubleshoot issues on the fly.
Environment: EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, VPC, Cloud Watch, ELB, Docker, Kubernetes, Shell scripting, Centos 7, Jira, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Chef, Artifactory, Nagios
Confidential - Framingham, MA
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation.
- Implemented and developed solutions enabling Development and Operations teams to build, deploy, monitor and test applications and environments.
- Implemented & maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing Subversion (SVN), Git.
- Used Ant, Maven and Gradle as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Managed Nexus Maven repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Configured and monitored continuous integration using Bamboo server and
- Automated the Builds, Testing of the code changes from SVN repository.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven in Microsoft Azure Cloud platform.
- Used Puppet, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby for automation of repetitive processes done in apache, managed file and directory permissions in the different environments.
- Worked on setting up Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers Load Balancers, Webservers.
- Used Google Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Implemented fault tolerance system, High availability, Auto scaling of the applications on the Kubernetes clusters.
- Provisioned the containers using configuration management tool puppet and configured the systems.
- Automated, Deployed the Kubernetes clusters on the Top of Openshift, Azure cloud platform and monitored the Clusters.
- Implemented and maintained highly automated build and release process by adopting the best practice of source code management and traceability.
Environment: Git, Redmine, Maven, Nexus 1.4.0, Open Shift, Puppet Enterprise, Unix, Shell Scripting, Kubernetes, Splunk
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Designed, implemented and supported fully automated Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Involved in automating integration and test environments, including deploying WAR and EAR files, stopping and starting Application Servers and dynamically creating server profiles/instances and defining resources.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Configured AnthillPro, Teamcity for Continuous Integration, build Pipelines and build Management in all Production environments.
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the java-based release code packages.
- Used Chef, Ansible configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Responsible for day to day Build and Deployments in pre-production and production environments.
- Written bash scripts to deploy the java-based packages like ear and war on the Tomcat Application server.
- Used uDeploy to Integrate with multiple build systems and to provide an application model handling multiple project.
- Coordinated with all the teams before and after the production deployments for the smooth production releases.
- Automated the installation, deployment and maintenance of Middleware Application Servers to RHEL Development and Test Environments on VMware Esx.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labeling of files.
- Provided the assistance for the smooth phase of Release for the Emergency Releases by getting Approval and coordinating with different teams.
- Created bespoke tools to support and enable Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and system monitoring/reporting using JSP and Shell Scripts with a MySQL database.
- Developed custom reporting tools, setting up automated health monitoring and alerting for builds and environments.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Ant, Maven, VMware ESX, Subversion, UNIX, SVN, Chef, Ansible, GIT, Tomcat, Teamcity, AnthillPro, Python, Ruby, Bash, PL SQL, MySQL
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Designed client application using HTML, JSP, CSS and XML.
- Responsible for use case diagrams, class diagrams and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose in the Design phase.
- Used Spring Core for dependency injection/Inversion of Control (IOC) to have loose-coupling.
- Implemented application using MVC architecture integrating Hibernate and spring frameworks.
- Implemented the Enterprise JavaBeans to handle various transactions and incorporated the validation framework for the project.
- Used various Java, J2EE design patterns like DAO, DTO, and Singleton etc.
- Developing and consuming web services like SOAP (JAX-WS), REST (JAX-RS).
- Wrote SQL Queries to interact with Oracle Database.
- Developed Web Services to transfer data between client and server vice versa using SOAP, WSDL and UDDI.
- Used Agile Development Methodology and tested the application in each iteration
- Developed version control using Subversion.
- Implemented Spring Security for Authentication and authorization extensively.
- Used Log4j for debugging the issues and exceptions.
- Participated in designing Web services framework in support of the product.
- Wrote SQL and HQL queries to retrieve data from the Oracle database.
- Used XML to transfer the application data between client and server.
- Developed a specific dashboard module and integrated with the application.
- Used the JDBC for data retrieval from the database for various inquiries.
- Done with unit testing of all Java classes using JUnit framework.
Junior Java Developer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Involved in all phases of Designing and Development of application.
- Created Class diagrams and Use Case diagrams from design specification using Rational Rose.
- Worked in Waterfall Methodology and involved in the project discussions.
- Implemented action classes, form beans and JSP pages interaction with these components.
- Designed and developed the application using Struts Model View Controller (MVC) design Pattern.
- Developed Struts Action Forms, Action classes and templates and performed action mapping in struts.
- Extensive use of EJBs for middle tier component to implement the business logic.
- Developed an automated application using JMS for messaging and JNDI to interact with the Server.
- Implemented Service locator pattern to invoke EJBs through Struts.
- Used JMS API for asynchronous communication by putting the messages in the Message queue.
- Configured the data mapping between Oracle and SQL Server and tested performance accuracy related queries under SQL Server.
- Extensively used the JDBC Prepared Statement to embed the SQL queries into the java code.
- Implemented logging using log4j and used CVS for version control.
- Tomcat Application Server was used for deploying the application.
Environment: Java 1.6, J2SE, JSP, Servlets, SQL, JDBC, Eclipse, HTML, MS Office, Windows, AJAX, EJB,