- 6+ years of experience, including 3 years as Android application developer and 3 years as a JAVA based application developer.
- 3 years of experience on ANDROID application developer. The applications including the design, development and testing Smartphone and tablet. Developed and architected multiple Android applications across various versions.
- Expertise in Android application development using Eclipse IDE, Android SDK, SQLite, Java, XML, JSON, Android emulator and ADT plug - in.
- Experience in Android UI toolkit and Layout Managers Proficient in Android application framework. Experienced with Android NDK.
- Experience in Developing Applications using Java, Servlets, JSP, XML, Eclipse, JDBC, JDK, MySQL, SQL.
- Skilled in developing APIs for middle ware Framework modules for mobile platforms using C and C++ and Java.
- Expertise in developing applications using Java, J2EE, Struts, Spring, Hibernate and JSP.
- Worked on Android Access as a Network Drive in order to transfer & access files remotely.
OS: Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OSX, Android, Linux and iOS
Markup Language: HTML/CSS, HTML5, XML, AJAX, Angular JS, HTTP
Development tools: Eclipse, Android Studio, Visual studio
Databases: SQL, SQLite, MySQL 4.0/5.0/5.5
Web & Application Servers: AWS, REST API, SOAP API
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Version controllers: GIT, SVN
Android Developer- Team Lead
- Worked on “messaging app” that provides the basis for enterprise and government customers in the form of Aqua Law, Aqua Life, Weave Health, AP Secure Messenger, and many other apps.
- The “messaging as a framework” allows businesses to build custom workflows that have in-app secure messaging, voice and video calls as integrated function of the business use. Cashew SDK is hosted on the open source GitHub and is in the process of being extended to blockchain applications.
- Implemented Bluetooth Low Energy services for transferring data between nearby devices by using GATT and ATT protocols.
- Worked on proximity sensors like Google Beacons to give users a customized experience based on their current location.
- Worked on implementing Wi-Fi P2P application which involved creating and registering broadcast receiver, discovering peers, connecting to a peer, and transferring data to a peer.
- Learnt new OOP language called Kotlin on the fly and successfully migrated parts of the project to Kotlin.
- Continues Integration : Performed CI on a daily basis to ensure the quality output of my code. I use Gitlab for CI. Every day I commit the code and push it to my private repository and as a scrum master, it's my responsibility to push the code to Master. Then Gitlab will perform unit testing and the log will show for any broken code. At the end, it is very essential to release good build to users.
- Implemented web views, list views & populated lists to display the lists using simple adapters.
- Implemented the required GUI by making modifications to the xml files.
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Downloaded user’s data and backed it up in SQLite Data base for a responsive display and also offline viewing.
- Used SQLite database. Collaborated with Web Services team. Fixed bugs reported by service providers and testing team. Involved in testing the app in various virtual devices and real devices.
Environment: Eclipse, JDK, Android SDK, Java, JSON, SQLite, DDMS, AWS, UX, Integration, Angular JS, Python, Visual studio
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Designed and developed world class real-time video, audio and messaging application. Designed, built and maintained large-scale, high-performance Android applications.
- Developed mobile applications using Java and Android SDK and helped in making product decisions driven by analytics.
- Designing and developing user interfaces using Android XML.
- Analyzed the project features, designed the application architecture and database, and UI designs with different layouts and widgets corresponding to various resolutions and different orientations.
- Continues Integration: Performed CI on a daily basis to ensure the quality output of my code. I use Gitlab for CI. Every day I commit the code and push it to my private repository and as a scrum master, it's my responsibility to push the code to Master branch.
- For memory tuning managed the Virtual Device memory allocation in android studio and customizing the VM options. Also, maximizing heap size helps in tuning the memory in Java as we write our code in java.
- Implemented Web views, List views & populated lists to display the lists from database using Simple Adapters.
- Developed and Utilized AsyncTask, Thread, handler, services to provide smooth UI experience.
- Integrated location-based services using Google Maps API to share current location.
- Integrated Support Library to make the app compatible from API 1.6 up to 4.0.4
- Used SQLite database. Collaborated with Web Services team. Fixed bugs reported by service providers and testing team. Involved in testing the app in various virtual devices and real devices
Environment: Android SDK 5.1, Java SDK 1.6, SQLite, Eclipse IDE, ADT Plugin.
- Designing UI screen for Insurance Quote to get User information with JSP .
- Writing custom tag handlers for Insurance Quote page to calculate the age of the person using the date of birth information entered.
- Developing Action Classes, Service Classes for Resident Insurance Premium payment module.
- Developed reusable web components, JSP, Servlets and Java Beans that use the MVC pattern to access EJB (Entity Beans) for the modules of user registration.
- Writing PL/SQL Queries to get schedule of policy payment and defaults.
- Developing Session beans, Entity for Insurance Quotes.
- Writing JSP for Online Quote for Resident Insurance.
- Developing CMP read only Entity beans to get Insurance quotes.
- Fixing the bugs identified in test phase.
- Writing JUnit Test cases for Unit testing in Pension Manager Module.
- Documenting CR impact analysis and prepared implementation documents.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Web Services, XML, Angular JS, Eclipse.