- Overall 8+ years of professional IT experience including 4+ year’s experience in Android application development, testing & deployment in Consumer and Enterprise Applications.
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Requirements Gathering, Project Design, Development, Support and maintenance phases to meet requirement of project and familiar with agile software development methodologies as well.
- Excellent programming skills in object oriented concepts such as Encapsulation, Abstraction, Inheritance, and Polymorphism.
- Expertise in Data Structures and Algorithms, Multithreading, Collections, Exception Handling
- Proficient with Java, Android SDK version Android 2.3 to Android 7.0 ( Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat).
- Strong experience in using Android SDK tools like Hierarchy Viewer, Trace View, zip align, Draw 9 - patch,AVD Manager.
- Expertise in developing android applications using Eclipse IDE, SQLite, Java, XML, Android SDK and ADT plugin.
- Experience in Debugging tools like ADB, Monitor, DDMS, and Trace, Logcat and Eclipse add-ons ADT tools and debugger in Android Studio.
- Exposure to video processing and streaming libraries and components in android such as FFmpeg, surface view, video view, media player and media recorder.
- Experience in Gradle Build tool and understanding the artifactory and repo structure.
- Thorough experience and knowledge in Android UI Design and Application Frameworks such as Activity Manager, Fragments, Resource Manager, Notification Manager, Location Manager, Telephony Manager, Content Providers, Map View and Map API's etc.
- Worked on Activities, Fragments, Fragment Manager, and Fragment Transaction for developing the most efficient UI.
- Excellent knowledge in implementing Material Design and optimizing techniques using List Views with View Holder pattern, Recycler View.
- Experienced in developing applications using Java, J2EE, Java Script, AngularJS and NodeJs.
- Hands on experience using media framework using Android API and skills like multimedia usage, video, sound, graphics and networking.
- Extensive experience in building mobile applications using Android framework APIs such as (Location/, Camera, Animations, Maps).
- Experience in working with GSON and Jackson json parser and XML Parser.
- Strong skills on JSON parsing as well as XML for fetching data into application.
- Expertise in integrating libraries such as Retrofit 1.9 and 2.0, Butter knife, Picasso, Volley, Dagger, Roboguice in application development.
- Expert design and development schema skilled on storage like SQLite, and MySQL databases.
- In depth experience to use Google cloud messaging, Google services, Location services, and Google Maps.
- Work experience with GIT to handle branching, pushing and merging codes with remote repository and Source tree.
- Worked with continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Experience using PROGAURD for code shrinking and optimization.
- Frameworks like Espresso and automation testing using Appium and Robotium.
- Used JIRA as a Bug and issue tracking software to find, record and track bugs in the software.
- Experience in using Gerrit for code reviewing.
- Experience with Atlassian tools like Bamboo, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience in continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Experience using junit, TestNG and Mockito frameworks for unit testing.
- Used Dalvik Debug Monitor Server (DDMS) for debugging source code.
- Experience in publishing apps to Google Play Store.
Android OS: Android 2.2 to Android 6.0 (Gingerbread, Honey comb, Ice cream sandwich, Jellybean, Kit Kat, Lollipop, Marshmallow,Nougat).
Android: OpenGL-ES, layout design, fragments, multi-threading, lifecycle, multi-touch, profiling NFC, Beacons, Retrofit, volley.
Languages: Core Java, J2EE, JDBC, JSP (JDK 1.5-1.7), C, JQuery
IDE: Eclipse, NetBeans, My Eclipse, InteliJ, Code Blocks
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, IBM WebSphere
Framework: Android SDK 2.X/3.X/4.X, Java Development Kit (JDK), .NET, C standard Library, Firebase, jQuery Mobile, Phone Gap, Apache Cordova, Xamarin, Dojo
Development& Testing Tools: J-Unit, Mockito, TestNG, Robotium, Espresso, Appium, Dreamweaver CS5, OpenGL, Dagger2, Rxjava, ProGaurd, Photoshop CS5, MSOffice, Open Office Suite.
Tools: CVS, SVN, Git, Jenkins
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Participated in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)and Involved in Analysis, Design, Development, UAT, Production and deployment phases of the application.
- Design screens using MVC pattern for the application with Android Studio IDE.
- Played a key role in writing application logic using Eclipse IDE and Android SDK.
- Used Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, calls etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Developed application with Dagger2 + Rxjava + MVP
- Used Google cloud based services like Firebase cloud messaging (FCM), for messaging services.
- Implemented Services, ASYNC Tasks, UI Threads and Implicit Intents, Explicit Intents, Custom Menus and Strings.
- Used Dagger2 as a dependency injector and to create some reusable, interchangeable modules and maintainability of code and alterations.
- Involved in writing AIDL interfaces, Implementing the interface, exposing the interface to the client, passing the objects over IPC and calling the IPC methods.
- Used and implemented various Binder methods in AIDL.
- Used Retrofit Version-1.9 as a type safe HTTP client to make Network calls.
- Refactored the entire code base to use Retrofit Version -2.0
- Used Rxjava for composing asynchronous and event based programming
- Developed the Android UI for multiple views, implementing Rxjava observables for asynchronous data collection and updating.
- Implemented REST services on the consumer side for getting JSON response and parsing the consumed information.
- Designed the SQLite database to store the event information including name, place, time and date, etc.
- Used ProGaurd to remove unused code and resources in the release build.
- Used Gradle Build System to automate the building, testing, publishing and deploying the applications.
- Developed unit test cases using Mockito framework for testing accuracy of code
- Used Junit, Espresso for unit and instrumentation testing.
- Wrote UI tests to simulate user interactions within a single target app using Espresso.
- Used Espresso Intents to test the activities in isolation.
- Debugged and tested source code for functionality and quality.
- Gradle Build process optimization.
- Used GitHub as project version controller.
- Used agile methodologies (Scrum) for project implementation.
- Tested using mobile automation testing framework Appium and UI testing with Espresso.
Confidential, Santa Ana, CA
- Involved in user meetings to gather the requirements of the application and worked on application designing, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Implemented the voice search and text search of products for the applications.
- Implemented sorting functions based on Relevance, Price and Rating for searching items.
- Enhanced search functionality by adding auto fill and search history features
- Used Zebra crossing (Library) to Implemented the scanner functionality for the application for UPC codes and QR codes.
- Implemented zip code functionality using Location Manager API.
- Enhanced the core features like store pickup, shipping and delivery improve the user experience with the app.
- Implemented the hybrid shopping cart of the application using Web View and Web view handler.
- Used Dagger2 for injecting modules for classes using singleton object to maximum reusability, maintainability of code and alterations.
- Developed business logic along with connecting the application to the server with REST web services.
- Used Services using AIDL and Intent Services.
- Researched NFC API to scan NFC tags for products in the future.
- Participated in various phases of SDLC right from Requirements, design, development and unit testing.
- Used ProGaurd to remove unused code and resources in the release build.
Environment: Android 5.0, Android SDK, Java, Eclipse, ProGaurd, PHP, Data Binding, Google Maps API, Android Emulator, SQLite, Linux/UNIX, XML.
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Worked in an agile environment and participated in Daily standup meetings.
- Performed in layouts and UX design and layout using both XML, and custom android views.
- Used REST based web services and JSON parsers for secured data interchange.
- Extensively utilized A sync Task, Thread and handler to provide smooth UI experience.
- Executed Material Design for the latest app supporting Android 5.0.
- Added AJAX-JSON communications for certain use cases to get data from cloud server and rendered the data onto views and layouts.
- Extensively worked on designing the layouts to be compatible with multiple screen sizes.
- Worked on testing the application using Appium automation testing tool.
- Involved in graphic design, audio and video features and handling various kinds of Video streaming using Photoshop, Flash.
- Used Retrofit and Rxjava to replace existing out of date HTTP Client, working with JSON Array and JSON Objects.
- Collaborated with web services team to implement the backend support.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Designed and developed View Groups, Views, and Layouts for User Interface.
- Developed UI layers with Activities and Fragments within application.
- Used Volley singleton library to implement an excessive number of HTTP transaction of RESTful web services over the network.
- Streamline software development process by creating reusable templates and components.
- Implemented list view inside fragment with inflater object to reduce the load of view and used view holder method for view recycling.
- Designed and developed a flexible user interface to meet challenges of different device types, screen sizes, resolutions and screen densities.
- Created database in SQLite and implemented queries, stored procedures to perform data operations.
- Implemented Singleton pattern to access single entity of class within entire application.
- Used Git for continues integration, bug fixing and Source Code Management.
- Implemented AsyncTask, Handlers, Threads, Service, and Intent Service.
- Worked with JIRA management tool to keep in update of work status.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Implemented Fragments on the main screen, On Click of each fragment takes to another tab.
- Implemented List View, so as to show the different shipments and maps as a form of list.
- Worked with Custom Frameworks and Custom Templates for building this application.
- Worked on updating the contact information of the user.
- Headed all the UI operations in the application.
- Worked on developing UI screens and implemented the logic for updating driver, vehicle information.
- Implemented the Activity that provides a step-by-step process to help the user to gather information and evidence after an accident for insurance claim.
- Designing and developing user interfaces using Android XML.
- Tested functionality of the application.
Environment: Android SDK, Java, Google API, Eclipse IDE, XML.
- Involved in Analysis, design and coding on Java and J2EE Environment.
- Implemented struts MVC framework.
- Maintained the business standards and the requirements in EJB and deployed them on to WebLogic Application Server.
- Designed, developed and implemented the business logic required for Security presentation controller.
- Set up the deployment environment on Web Logic Developed system preferences UI screens using JSP and HTML.
- Used JDBC to connect to Confidential database and get the results that are required.
- Designed asynchronous messaging using Java Message Service (JMS).
- Consumed web services through SOAP protocol.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JPA/Hibernate, Code Generation, Spring, AOP, ERP customization, Web Services (SOAP), JMS, XML, JDOM, JAXP, JBoss, Multi-threading, Lucene, Servlets, AJAX, Mock-up framework, XHTML, CSS, Flash, AS 2.0, Maven2.
- Developed the business domain layer using Java, J2EE, and JDBC and used DAO, Transfer Objects, Singleton, Abstract Factory, Factory, State, Command and Front Controller design patterns.
- Implemented Struts 1.2 framework in the presentation layer for communication between business level validations and business layer.
- Used Struts framework for developing Action Servlets classes for Controller and used Form Beans for transferring data between Action class layer and the View Layer.
- Deployed on Web Sphere Application Server 5.0 using Ant (build.xml) targets.
- Used version control tool CVS and Configuration Management.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Servlets, JSP, Struts 1.2, JDBC, SAX, HTML, CSS, Java script, WSAD, Web Sphere 5.0 and Confidential .