- Progressive experience of 12 years in all the phases of software development life cycle that includes Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Integration, Re - Engineering, maintenance, installation, testing and support of various client/server and N-tier web applications.
- Implemented 100+ small projects at Liveperson and provided Technical Support to various clients as five star expert at
- Experience with Web Services, Restful as well as SOAP based using Apache CXF and Spring implementations.
- Good experience of Incident Management, Change management and Impact analysis.
- Expertise in database development including schema design, SQL queries (DML and DDL), stored procedure, triggers and user defined function creation using Oracle (PL/SQL), SQL Server (T-SQL) and DB2 (SQL PL).
- Strong understanding of Java Collections, Exception mechanism and Multi-threading concepts.
- Working experience in Agile, Test Driven and Waterfall environments.
- Working experience in conducting and facilitating JAD sessions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Design Patterns (MVC, Session Facade, Front Controller, Service Locator, Business Delegate, Value Object and Data Access Object) patterns.
- Strong experience of doing Level 1, 2 and 3 Support.
- Expertise in implementing Server side Business Logic using Servlet and EJB (Session Bean, Entity Beans, JMS/MQ).
- Expertise in Designing and Building Complex Multi-Tier Web Applications.
- Proficient in writing test plans and test documents for Unit and Integration testing.
- Proficient in using Junit testing suite.
- Experience in logging mechanisms like Log4J and SL4J.
- Proficient in Object oriented design and analysis.
- Experience in bug/issue tracking tool Jira.
- Proficient in translating functional requirements into technical requirements.
- Proficient in database design, domain modeling and ER diagrams design.
- Hands on experience with Apache Tomcat & http server, Websphere and Oracle Application Server (OC4J).
- Hands on experience with version management tools GitHub, CVS, SVN, Clear Case and Dimension.
- Good experience in production support related activities like root cause analysis, debugging, troubleshooting, level 2/3 support, support procedures, SLA’s, maintenance and release cycle, production validation and deployment process in 24/7 environment.
- Proficient in Data Transformation, Data Loading, Modeling and Performance Tuning.
- Proficient in writing technical documentation.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, and the public.
Languages: Java, C++, Visual Basic.net, PHP, Perl, PL/SQL, T-SQL, SQL PL
Java: J2EE, JSP, Servlet, EJB, JMS, JDBC, Spring, GroovySpring Batch, Hibernate, Tag Libraries
Scripting: Java Script, jQuery, Powershell, Unix Script
Environment & Tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ
Application Servers: Oracle Application Server (OC4J), WAS, Apache Tomcat, IIS
Databases: Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MS SQL, DB2
Database tools: Toad, SQL Developer
Web Related & Others: HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, XML, XSLT, Ajax
Operating systems: Windows xp/2000/2003/vista/7, Linux, Unix
Version Control: Wincvs, Clearcase, Git, SVN, Dimension
Modeling Tools: UML (Rational Rose), RSA, Visio, Case, ERWin
Build: Apache Ant, Apache Maven, Gradle
Logging: Apache Log4J, SL4J
Testing: Junit, SOATest, Selenium
Issue Tracking: Jira
Monitoring: HP Sitescoping
Development Methodologies: Agile, Test Driven, Waterfall, JAD
Messaging: Websphere MQ
Software Test Engineer
- Execution of test cases to evaluate system quality relative to business requirements.
- Logged and documented test outcomes/results.
- Analysis and recovery from execution errors.
- Reporting of the bugs through test management tools, provide reports on bug and verify high priority bugs are escalated.
- Provide recommendation for test strategy/test approach improvements.
- Recommendation and assistance for test automation and environment manager on various testing techniques and tool, issues related to test scripting, execution, result reporting and monitoring and their recommendations for improvement.
- Providing support for the installation and configuration of test management tools and technologies.
Software/ Environment: Parasoft SOATest, Environment Manager. Perforce, DB2, WebSphere MQ, EJB, JMS, Jersey, Unix-AIX, WSDL, Groovy, Java 1.8, Junit, Jenkins, HP Quality Center, Mainframe
- Worked on designing RESTful APIs in a test driven environment using Spring for international payments functionality. This API will be used for international payments modules in web and native mobile applications.
- Coordinated the application release and application changes.
- Worked on interfacing of payment system with Middleware authentication layer and utilized core java principles like exception handling and collections.
- Wrote design specification for end to end JDBC transactions by utilizing database triggers and procedures for payment system.
- Worked on exceptions, multithreading and collections.
- Implemented spring batch to process data from an external source.
- Produced high performance java code, which meet enterprise design, code quality and performance standards.
- Worked closely with Build Engineers, Test Automation team and Release Management team.
Software/Environment: Spring, SASS, GIT, GRADLE, Websphere Application server, SOA, WSDL, REST, Apache CXF, JSP, Oracle DB, SQL, XML, SOAP UI, Jenkins, Maven, Subversion, Intellij 14, JMS/Web sphere MQ
Java Production Support Consultant
- Coordinated the entire process for multiple application releases.
- Worked closely with vendors to resolve and deliver fixes according to SLA.
- Collaborated with technology and business partners to continuously perform the health check and monitoring of the CMP platform.
- Managed entire 3rd party vendors and ensured compatibility, coordination and integration with CMP.
- Performed Application enhancements and maintenance as Level 2 and 3 support resource.
- Maintained Messaging Queues and Listeners in IBM Websphere Application Server 8.5
- Worked on modification of existing SOAP based web services.
- Involved in designing/development/deployment of multiple pharmacy related alerts/messages (order status, RX Refill etc.) that are being sent to customers on their preferred channel - email, ivr and sms.
- Performed mapping between relational database tables and object oriented java objects using Hibernate.
- Gathered requirement and created multiple batch jobs (UNIX based and used crontab for auto execution after desired intervals) in an agile environment.
- Wrote Pl/SQL stored procedures and function to process data.
- Performed Root Cause Analysis over production issues.
- Involved in maintenance of database maintenance activities like purging, index creation.
- Involved in Disaster recovery plans and provided 24/7 support for the application.
- Implemented Exception handling and Logging mechanism across the application.
- Involved in Bug fixing and tracking.
Confidential , Chicago
- Worked in scrum environment of agile development.
- Implemented batch programs using Curam Batch framework.
- Implemented Junit test cases in Curam framework.
- Used Google Guice for implementing DAO access.
- Implemented Proof of Concept of interfacing with external systems using MQ.
- Analyze existing data feed and flow of data which exists between HCR and SNAP.
- Involved in the Analysis and Technical Design, and writing Developer Test cases for various application components.
- Worked on configuring JMS client in Development environment.
- Involved in creating detailed designs and implementing Snap modules.
- Involved in Unit Testing, Integration Testing, and System Testing.
Java Resource (Support / Development)
- Involved in coding, testing, and implementation of core functionality of the BravoSolution Collaborative Sourcing (BCS) platform software.
- Researched and documented test cases in Jira to be fixed by Development team
- Worked with Spring MVC Architecture.
- Resolved production defects/errors.
- Performed Root Cause Analysis of Production issues.
- Monitored the log files on Productions for errors/warnings.
- Applied core J2EE design patterns like Business Delegate, Service Locator, and Singleton in the business logic.
- Worked on consumption of SOAP based rate web services for various different clients.
- Modified existing applications functionalities.
- Utilized MS SQL Server Management Studio and Toad to generate SQL queries, Views, and Stored Procedures.
- Designed, developed and deployed several dynamic web pages using JSP, HTML, CSS and Custom Tags.
- Used Rest API to expose the contract rates for clients and performed versioning of existing services.
- Investigated and resolved problems in bidding web application. Identified areas for code improvement and refactored code.
- Performs peer code reviews. Prepared system documentation.
- Involved in creating UAT test scripts and documenting the test steps.
- Involved in regression and System Integration testing.