Senior Software Engineer
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Redesigned data stores and offline processing to reduce memory consumption and allow for a predicted 100x growth in scale.
- Created web scraper to gather product data from competitor website for purchasing team’s use.
- Designed web service and processing job to integrate with legacy process and eliminate manual spreadsheet handling.
Software Development Engineer
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Investigated catalog quality problems with Scala/Spark and Redshift queries.
- Ported Flex web app for comparing items to GWT, upgrading its capabilities to be part of a workflow with another web application.
- Designed and implemented AngularJS application, for examining sets of items, to avoid how fragile GWT was with our in - house tool chain.
- Added ability to fix incorrect data and to create new relationships among catalog items to our applications.
- Analyzed ML pipeline, removed vestigial elements, increased efficiency by 3x.
- Coordinated with other team to provide endpoint that supplied data from all regions for our application.
- Investigated inaccuracy of current item image endpoint and found and implemented the use of the most accurate replacement.
Confidential, Waukesha, WI
- Improving server application’s job queuing, involving a C# client, a custom SQL-based language, and server-side Java.
- Creating custom map overlay with 3rd party mapping software using C#.
- Wrote mobile app for scanning barcodes and generating and printing reports.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- Designed and wrote programs to increase the efficacy and automation of testing, verification and maintenance, including utilities for various custom file formats, multi-threaded client/server programs, and programs to analyze protocols and timings.
- Built Python/Django web application to increase the accuracy of product timescale and costs estimation and to ease and automate client interaction, record keeping, and planning.
- Used Confidential Telelogic DOORS and Merant Tracker to author procedures and test cases for client specifications.
Confidential, Willow Grove, PA
- Upgraded existing sites with password-protected areas, user permissions, user file sharing, E-mail notifications.
- Improved workflow in employee time and task/bug tracking application.
- Re-wrote psychology note tracking application with 3-tier structure, to accommodate multiple users in multiple practices, permissions, user action logging, different note types and use cases, action-item lists, and appointment calendars.