- Over 10 years of professional experience as a developer in complex embedded software, systems, and architecturesin supporting multi - billion dollar products. Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, combined with superior aptitude in engineering, and a focused pragmatic approach& a passion for developing and testing world class products, fuel my ability to excel in demanding & dynamic environments.
- Bootloader&Rommon Development
- Linux, IOS, NXOS operating system
- Multiple HardwareArchitecture (Intel, Free scale, Cavium, MIPS)
- Software Development Methodology
- Image Signing & Verification (FIPS 140-3)
- Collaborative & Self-Starter
- Expertise in boot loader (rommon/grub/uboot) for various platforms (Intel, Freescale, Cavium, MIPS)
- Assembly language, C, C++, Java
- Excellent software methodology knowledge
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization, and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to function in a complex multi-location environment; self-initiating and flexible.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed grub based bootloader for Intel platform (Tunnel creek).
- Developed and implemented online backup battery measurement.
- Developed rommon for xformers platforms (Cavium and Freescale CPU based).
- Developed Compact Flash drives for the entire xformers platform working closely with vendor and Hardware team.
- Developed rommon for IAD2430 platform (MIPS 5K CPU based).
- Developed Uboot based boot loader for Panoptes network module, video surveillance equipment.
- Developed IPFAX for classic IOS (T.38 based protocol).
- Implemented Image signing/verification (FIPS 140-3).
- Implemented BIOS based (AMI) password protection for SD card.
- Provided numerous inputs in the architecture for the CGR1000 platform (NXOS and IOS OS based).
- Architected the backup battery system for CGR1000.
- Worked with Diagnostic/Manufacture team to in corporate CGR1000 as a new platform.
- Worked with product team to understand new client business needs and participated in identifying solutions.
- Proactively worked with cross functional team to identify relevant new technologies and integrated them into the product line appropriately to serve and anticipate current and future product needs.
- Worked closely with hardware team to resolve timing issues.
- Worked with cross functional team to facilitate CGR1000 development.
- Worked with customer to identify the issue and provide resolution in a timely manner.
- Identified issues with new platform CGR100 and provided resolution in timely manner. (Console access on Intel based platform)
- Reviewed all the functional specification and provided input to enhance the CGR1000 platform.
- Integration of DSP (TI’s 5510, 542) in classic IOS for Cisco proprietary fax relay.
- Mentored team members and provided technical guidance.
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked on non-preemptive OS (SL-1) for PBX switches.
- Worked with other departments to clarify and correct documentation to ensure compliance.
- Worked with documentation team to provide correct information about the product.
- Worked with cross functional teams (Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality control) for the success of the PBX system.
- Worked as filed support engineer to resolve customer issuesand provided resolution in a timely manner.
- Played a key role in several system level implementations for the PBX switch.
- Played a key role as a team member to resolve issues found during development phase.
- Created and maintained peripheral software download mechanism for network and line cards in the PBX systems. This enabled to enhance the functionality of the existing Hardware modules in the field.
- Reviewed functional/design specification for the PBX system.
- Participated in reviewing bug fix by fellow engineers.
- Participated in integration of the product before it was FCSed.
- Contributed to document revision process based on review observations.