Confidential, Exton, PA
Java SW Engineer
- Development of Java Swing GUIs for industrial process workflow for the automotive vertical industry marketing group.
- Generation of uint tests and data sets.
- Development of a performance, and configuration Swing client that communicates via RMI with the JBoss JMX RMI server.
- Creation of queries and stored procedures in Transact-SQL for reports.
Confidential, Berwyn, PA
Java SW Engineer
- Client produces systems for cellular phone carriers that provide locating services. Systems are primarily for government mandated 911 locating, but also for other locating applications.
- Development of enhancements to SCOUT, a Swing /RMI - multi-tier application used for design, configuration. and performance testing of locating systems and their integration into carrier's network.
- Generated suite of JWebUnit and Junit tests for auto-provisioning application (a servlet that provides an HTTP interface to the SCOUT servers) ..
- Refactoring of exception handling, and of HTTP interface for the auto-provisioning application.
- Design and coding of command-line Java applications for administrative tasks, such as deletion of stale information from application database.
- Made modifications to licensing code to display new feature based on license .
Confidential, Ft. Wahington, PA
J2EE/Spring SW Engineer
- Migration of existing Weblogic 6.1 credit card and payroll deduction EJB web application to non-EJB Spring Framework web application.
- The client business is an approximatly 5 year-old start-up. The initial model revolved around providing a service to employers where they could offer a credit card to their employees that would be paid through payroll deductions. Currently the service has been expanded to provide the capability for the employees to manage their benefits, and deductions on-line.
- Refactoring of EJBs to POJOs (Plain Old Java Objects) as are used in the Spring Framework The Spring Framework reduces the complexity of EJBs and yet still supports transactions. Additionally the use of Dependency Injection to configure the Spring Java beans allows for better unit testing as the can be tested independently of the container. They are also more re-usable and portable than EJBs .
- Refactored authentication and authorization security to use open source Acegi Security instead of the non-portable Weblogic container based security.
- Used Acegi to create ACLs for both web page URLs and business object methods.
- Development of Data Access Objects making use of Hibernate 3.0 Object Relational Mapping persistence framework.
- Made use of Eclipse plug-ins and Ant tasks to automate the creation of mapping files and Java domain objects from the existing Oracle 9i schema.
Confidential, Fort Washington, PA
J2EE SW Engineer
- Design and development of J2EE software development process. Working with technical management, developed policies and procedures for department to manage the software development process.
- Department is traditionally a mainframe shop, with new responsibilities for J2EE development as well.
- Previously all J2EE development was outsourced.
- Implementation of source code control using CVS. Definition of routine CVS usage by developers, and project leaders.
- Education of personnel in how to use IDE (NetBeans) with CVS.
- Development of ANT scripts for CVS checkout, build and deployment.
- Used by project leaders to deploy to new UAT and Production servers.
- Design and development of a web application for automated report generation and delivery.
- Cutomer Service call data reports produced as PDF documents from database and made available through webapp, and emailed to managers. Development done using Struts.
- Design and development of a web application for the billing department reports. Reports for summary billing information, and auditing. Reports made available interactively through webpage as HTML, PDF format, and Excel spreadsheet format.
- Development of Junit Unit Tests and Regression/Parallel DB tests.
- Expanded build ANT scripts to include capability to run Junit tests, and produce reports as part of build process.
- Development of DAO objects using Spring Framework JDBC Template.
Confidential, Morgantown, PA
SR. J2EE SW Engineer
- Design and development of an extranet web application for a Truck Fleet Monitoring system. The existing truck fleet monitoring system consists of mobile electronic devices in Trucks and trailers, that communicates via satellite and wireless cell phone networks, with an IBM iSeries legacy system.
- Design and implementation of web application based on Jakarta Struts running on Websphere Application Server 5.1. Access to legacy data is through Data Access Objects using JDBC to call DB2 Stored Procedures on the iSeries.
- Design and implementation of Authorization and Authentication making use of container based JAAS security, utilizing the IBM LDAP server for user authentication. Design of LDAP and RDBMS schemas to support web application security.
- Specification of interface for iSeries DB2 Stored Procedures to support company and user security and maintenance.
- Development of all components of the Struts web application for creation and maintenance of companies and users. Including Data Access Objects (DAO), Struts Action Forms, and Struts Actions, and JSPs . Utilized Struts tags and JSTL to minimize scriplet usage.
- Utilized Dependency Injection (DI) design techniques for all DAOs.
- Development of standard ‘best practice’ coding techniques including uniform Exception Handling, making use of Struts declarative exception handling, and exception chaining. Created exception handler and scheme to deal with sql exceptions from DAO objects.
- Conduct code reviews of junior programming staff.
- Evaluation of Spring Framework as a framework to be used in conjunction with or without Struts.
Confidential, Berwyn, PA
J2EE Architect/ Lead Developer
- Design and implementation of server side applications to create XML digests of song detections, for use by associated company in web listings of play lists for radio stations. http://www.yes.com .
- Design and development of J2EE web application for presentation of reporting content. Used Jakarta Tomcat in a Linux environment.
- Creation and tuning of PL/SQL queries, views, triggers and stored procedures to support the Web reporting application.
- Design and development of custom website generators in Java to update coverage lists and maps, making use of Java graphics APIs to produce map jpgs with corresponding image map.
- Development of a simple “web services” type of data feed, that used Oracle XSQL to publish data as XML via http requests, and process them with BEA XML beans for processing the data feeds. This served as a way to provide data feeds to a subsidiary/customer.
- Use of XSLT to format web page reports based on output of XML data feeds.
- Lead development of reporting application that made use of Infobuilder’s WebFocus. emphasized
Confidential, Newark, DE
- Design of Data Model with Erwin. Implemented model on Oracle 8.
- Code Data Access objects, Servlet Controllers, and JSPs. Create Junit unit tests for modules concurrent with coding.
- Train, and supervise development of junior programming staff.
- Administer Change Management System (CVS) in support of CMM effort.
- Develop ant scripts to automate a continuous test and build process.