- Having around 8 years of experience in IT industry comprising of delivery management, design, development, release & deployment, and cloud implementation
- Amazon Web Services certified solutions architect.
- Created AWS Lambda function’s for alexa and google voice and integrating smartthings with voice services to control cloud connected and hub connected devices using alexa and google voice.
- Created and monitored dashboards on datadog for Realtime monitoring of analytics and matrices of AWS lambda functions including google and alexa voice for smartthings devices
- Designed and Developed a testing framework for the Alexa Canary service for smartthings devices.
- Good experience on DevOps tools such as Chef, Vagrant, Virtual Box, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, SVN, GIT, and Docker.
- Implemented puppet modules to automate the installation and configuration for a broad range of services.
- Well versed with creation of puppet profiles and role modules.
- Leveraged Hiera to create various re - usable puppet modules.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Used Chef for server provisioning and automating infrastructure.
- Development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Experience in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles.
- Good experience working with container orchestration tools Apache Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes.
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Autoscaling, CloudFront, CloudFormation, ElacticCache, CloudWatch, SNS.
- Strong Experience on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including VPC, EC2, ELB, S3, and EBS, ROUTE 53.
- Experience in extending Active Directory Domain Service(AD) into VPC
- Ensure data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS best practices.
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be build and operated on AWS.
- Experienced in cloud automation using AWS cloud Formation Templates, Chef, Puppet.
- Well versed with Openstack based cloud infrastructure.
- Set up Continuous Integration for major releases in Jenkins.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Knowledge and experience in creating Jenkins Pipeline.
- Experienced with build automation tools like Ant and Maven.
- Setup automated alerting of OpenStack Control Plane services using Zabbix triggers and templates.
- Experienced with Docker container service.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Expertise in enterprise Spring
- Used GIT to keep track of all changes in source code
- Integration, deployment and automation of application servers Tomcat, WebLogic across Linux platforms.
- Experience in implementing and administering monitoring tools Splunk and Nagios.
- Experience in using Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality center.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
- Automated the process of launching and stopping/terminating EC2 instances on Amazon AWS with BOTO.
- Used Python fabric for AWS instance provisioning.
- Experience in deployment Management process using shell scripts, windows batch, and python with RunDeck and Jenkins.
- Also, implemented the ITIL process and was responsible for configuration management in aws. knowledge on ITSM based tool solutions and process related tasks
- Experience in administrating, deploying and managing UBUNTU and centOS servers.
- Expertise in Agile Testing Methodologies &Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Methodologies & Validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Extensive experience in UNIX performance tuning and Capacity Planning.
- Experience in deploying system stacks for different environments like Dev, UAT, Prod in both on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Strong experience in working in Linux and Windows environments.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and have the ability to work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a hard-working team player.
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Ubuntu, REDHAT, Linux, Unix, Core OS
Version Control Tools: CVS, GIT, Tortoise SVN, Perforce and Clear case.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise control Anthill pro, Bamboo, Ansible, RunDeck, Chef and Puppet.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g, MySQL, SQL Server, TSQL, Mongo DB, MS Access, DB2, PostgresSQL, RDBMS
Virtualization / Containers: Amazon AWS, Oracle Virtual Box, Docker, Openstack, VMware.
Applications & Configuration Management: Apache, RabbitMQ, Nagios, Informatica, Power Center, Business Objects and SonarQube.
Web/AppServers: Apache Tomcat, Oracle web logic, IBM web sphere and Demandware
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, XSD, XSL, XPATH
Bug Tracker & Testing: JIRA, Redmine, Junit, Test Rail, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center
Confidential, MINNEAPOLIS, MN
- Creating AWS Lambda function’s for alexa and google voice and integrating smartthings with voice services to control cloud connected and hub connected devices using alexa and google voice.
- Creating and monitoring dashboards on datadog for Realtime monitoring of analytics and matrices of AWS lambda functions including google and alexa voice for smartthings devices
- Developing, Implementing and debugging code in java, groovy for cloud connected and hub connected devices and also the user interface for specific applications in Smartthings.
- Analyzing smart things IDE and publishing device handlers with their respective smart apps for connectivity of hub and cloud connected devices to control them using smartthings
- Designing and Developing a testing framework for the Alexa Canary service for smartthings devices.
- Create and manage Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins
- Dealing with various Git Hub and Git lab repository for pushing the code and resolving the merge conflicts.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Involved in extending Active Directory Domain Services(AD) into cloud
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- UsedKubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespaced versions.
- At CoreOS, we use the kube-aws CLI tool to automate cluster deployment to AWS
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written CloudFormation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Created local repository to connect Linux server to RHEL site for downloading packages and patches.
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic using Node.js.
- Automated deployment of builds to different environments using Jenkins
- Strong experience utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from svn/git and use ant/maven to build war/jar artifacts and creating pipelines
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB and Elasticache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven for deployment and build management system
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for automating time consuming specialty needs for external clients.
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Utilized Configuration Management tool Chef& created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as ChefServer / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes
- Moving Opsview/Nagios Alerting system to Sensu and handoff to NOC for managing alerts/incidents.
- Developed internal tool QuickDeploy for runbook automation, and automated release and deployment Management process using shell scripts, windows batch, and python with Rundeck and Jenkins.
- Analyze and correct order flow exceptions by implementing changes to our OMS, WMS/Agile, and customer checkout via a JIRA process.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS
- Build servers using AWS, Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection(VPC).
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Developed an Ansible role for Zabbix-agent which will be integrated into the to the CICD pipeline.
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control.
- Developing Web Application in Groovy/Grails with Mongo DB as a data store
Environment: AWS, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, VDI,VPC, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, RunDeck, Cloud Formation, Docker, Jira, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Python, Ruby, Shell scripting, Git.
Confidential, SAN JOSE, CA
java/ AWS Engineer
- Played a key role during Analyzing, preparing technical and functional design specification documents as per the Requirements, Architecture, Development and Maintenance of high traffic application built in Java/J2EE.
- Created web application prototype using Angular JS.
- Worked on various enhancements and bug fixes simultaneously.
- Used HTTP/HTTPS Services extensively to interact with Web Services using JAX-RPC and JAX-WS for data communication.
- Expert in HTML5/CSS3 development and have experience in Angular JS, Ext.js, Responsive design.
- Used SAX for XML parsing, JSON and AJAX to send request to secured web service.
- Used Aqua Data Studio for accessing, updating, inserting tables in the database, where Informix is the database being used.
- Experienced with trouble shooting cross browser problems of UI display using Java Script.
- Involved in development, performance testing & defects fixing.
- Build servers using AWS,Importing volumes, launchingEC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, loadbalancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Installed, deployed and upgraded AWS Cloud- based servers and services in accordance with project guidelines.
- Provide consultative service to best practices in Sterling OMS implementation.
- Researched and created preliminary PowerShell code for moving Azure Classic workloads to Azure Resource Manager version.
- Provided support on AWS application provisioning and maintenance tasks, AMI upgrades, and databasesnapshots
- Expertise in understanding and preparation of WSDL, XSLT and XML schemas definitions.
- SOAP-UI was used extensively for testing of web services across all environments Applications are deployed in the Web Sphere Server. Created Restful Micro Services from existing Maven archetype templates provided by UBS custom RPP(Resource provisioning proxy)
- Used HTML5/DHTML, Angular JS, JQUERY, JSTL, AJAX and CSS3 for developing interactive User Interfaces.
- Converted complex business logic into SQL stored procedures and user-defined functions to achieve functionality required to the UI team.
- Supported the Migration of Data from heterogeneous sources and different formats to relational Data warehouses, staging databases using complex stored procedures and SSIS.
- Data migration (import & export) from text, CSV and access files to SQL server 2012.
- Excellent knowledge in migrating data and databases using side by side Data Migration with methods like attach detach, SSIS packages as well as copy database tasks.
- Involved in development, integration and testing of application modules.
- Experienced in using MS-Visio for preparing Low level/High level design documents.
- Updating QC with root cause after fixing the bugs.
- Involved in implementation of MVC pattern using Angular JS, JSF and Spring Controller
- Involvedin code reviews so as to implement coding standards for the entire project.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Wrote and maintained various Ansible modules for the upstream Ansible repository.
- Integrated Maven with Perforce to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and administered Tomcat repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Mentor Business Areas on Subversion Branching, Merging strategies concepts.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira.
- Involved in implementing Tool Suite (Jira, Jenkins).
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins with Maven and Tomcat repository.
- Built Openstack based infrastructure for Database as a service(DBaaS) and Load Balancer as a service(LBaaS).
- Installed and configured Confluence as the enterprise wiki to document development and change management procedures.
- Maintained custom PowerShell scripts that interact with Office 365, Active Directory, SQL, and VMware.
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs (backend) through Weblogic Application Server console.
- Performed setup of clustered environment with Weblogic Application Server.
- Used Shell script to configure the Weblogic application server in all the environments
- Support Lead developers with Configuration Management issues.
- Worked for Creating the Software Configuration Management Plan.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool
- Designed and Developed Java Objects based on Java Patterns and UML Specifications.
Environment: Java, Maven, Openstack, Ansible, Jenkins, Jira, Jenkins, Linux, Weblogic, Subversion, Shell scripting.
Jr. Linux / Unix Administrator
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6, operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Handling NFS, Auto Mount, DNS, LDAP related issues.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS 4.0 monitoring.
- Performing failover and integrity test on new servers before rolling out to production.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Used Chef for managing server application server such as Apache, MySQL, Tomcat.
- Installation, configuration, and customization of services Sendmail, Apache, FTP servers to meet the user needs and requirements.
- Performing kernel and database configuration optimization such that it limits I/O resource utilization on disks.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Autosys, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, GIT, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat, Nagios.