- Innovative software engineer offering twenty two years of experience in the full software development lifecycle - from concept through delivery of next-generation applications and customizable solutions.
- Experienced in advanced development methodologies, tools and processes contributing to the design and rollout of leading-edge software applications.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills - able to logically analyze complex production hot spots in a timely and cost-effective manner and offer practical solutions.
Programming & Platforms: Java, C++, C, Groovy, JUnit, Unix, Linux, Solaris, Shell Scripting
Distributed Architectures: SOA, SOAP, REST, Servlets, J2EE, EJB, JBoss, Glassfish, Tomcat, Jetty, CORBA, JMX, WSDL, XML, XSD, JAXB, JSON, JAX-RS, JAX-WS
Databases: Oracle, NoSQL, MongoDB, ODRM, JPA, Hibernate
Build Management and Continuous Integration: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, CVS, Git
Other: Design Patterns, JVM Performance Tuning, Multi Threading, Thread Dump Analysis, TCP/IP, SONAR, Eclipse IDE, Agile Methodology, Scrum, SDLC, Waterfall Methodology
Senior Software Developer / Java Architect
Confidential, Duluth, GA
- Individual contributor on company’s seven major products designed, developed and production deployed during this period. Product details:
- Jersey Framework / ReST API based webservice application with embedded Jetty webserver for dynamically providing Confidential Catalog data to settop box clients.
- Another ReST webservice application for dynamically refreshing and delivering configuration data spanning the entire Confidential product suite to client applications
- JBoss/J2EE WSDL based Web Service application for dynamic insertion of advertisement clips into Confidential streams. Implements the ANSI SCTE-35 Spec (June 2013 - Dec 2015)
- Glassfish / JBoss / J2EE Web service application for promotional bundling of Confidential ’s Back Office Confidential Offerings. The application enables MSOs to create bundle offerings using multiple Confidential assets with customized promotional license windows
- Java application implementing Motorola’s proprietary specification for bulk distribution and downloading of software stack to Motorola family of Settop boxes ( Jan 2010 - Dec 2010).
- C++ / Linux / PThreads application for capture and playback of video streams in time shifted mode
- JBoss / J2EE application for optimizing delivery of maximum number of most frequently watched QAM channels on the available bandwidth. (Jan 2007 - Mar 2008)
- Between 2005 and 2015, the above list of software applications were greenfield implementations using core java 1.5/6/7, multithreading, J2EE, EJB, SOA, Servlets, WSDL based SOAP Webservices and ReST webservices deployed to JBoss, Glassfish, Tomcat and Jetty Application and Web Servers.
- The software development and runtime platforms were Linux. All software development was tightly integrated with JUnit 3 and 4 frameworks.
- The build tools used were ANT (earlier) and Maven, with continuous integration and build management handled by Hudson and Jenkins.
- Oracle was the production database. JDBC, and later Hibernate were used as interface between the service and data tiers.
- Derby and Hypersonic were both used as in-memory databases for development and test environments.
- SONAR was the tool used for source code profiling and code coverage analysis.
- Version Control and Source Code Repository tools used were CVS (earlier) and Git.
Confidential, Duluth, GA
- I managed the team of software developers that designed and implemented several CORBA services that comprised the Confidential Back Office.
- I was also the lead architect for the design and implementation of the Billing Interfaces that integrated with major billing vendors, with peak throughputs reaching 50 to 60 Confidential streams per second.
Principal Technical Architect
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- I worked on the Customer provisioning application named ROSS. Technologies used were C++ and CORBA on Solaris platforms.
- ROSS was a massive client/server architecture based product developed by a team of sixty odd developers and architects over a period of four to five years.
Senior Software Developer
Confidential, Norcross, GA
- Worked as individual contributor migrating several of their C / DOS / RPC legacy services to C++ / AIX / CORBA services.