- More than 5 years of IT experience and 5 years of Android application development experience.
- Experienced with using: Eclipse , Eclipse ADT , Android Studio 1.0 - 1.31 and Android SDK Gingerbread(2.3) to Marshmallow(6.0) .
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, involved in requirement analysis , development , testing , debugging and support .
- Worked with most of the Android UI components like List View , Grid View , Fragment , Async Task , Customized Adapters .
- Deep knowledge of Object Oriented Technologies developing Use Cases , Activity diagrams , Sequence Diagrams and Class Diagrams .
- Experience in porting applications to multiple Android OS versions and multiple form factor based devices like Handsets , Tablets , Android based hardwares .
- Experience in parsing the web response data in both XML and JSON format.
- Experienced with android build-in components ( Intent , Camera , MediaPlayer and Bluetooth ) and Content Resolvers / Content Provider for various purposes.
- Proficiently used service protocols like JSON , XMLPull Parsing and RESTful API’s to fetch HttpGet and HttpPost data from/to the feeds.
- Experienced with encryption algorithms to encrypt the data between client and server to protect the sensitive information.
- Integrated various third party open source APIs like Facebook , Twitter , Youtube , Yelp and Google Maps AOP V2 for customized Android applications.
- Proficient in integrating data storage in android apps using SQLite , Shared Preferences , Local Storage and SD card storage .
- Good knowledge in database development using SQLite , SQL Server , MySQL .
- Used Github to maintain software version control, pull requests for committed codes.
- Strong troubleshooting and debug skills.
- Fast learner to new languages and other concepts, excellent abilities to communicate with teammate , self-motivated person to do the perfect.
Internet Technologies: HTML, XML, JSON, JQuery.
Web Server Interface: XML, SOAP, REST, OAuth2.0.
Database Technologies: SQL, MYSQL, SQLite, Shared Preferences, File Storage.
Build Tools: Eclipse with ADT, Android Studio with Gradle and Maven.
Testing/Control Tools: SVN, GIT, Junit, JIRA.
Android Patches: Android Studio version 2.3(Gingerbread) - 6.0(Marshmallow).
Senior Android Developer
- Designed prototypes to create the new main flow of the application with Justin Mind.
- Participated and conducted SCRUM meeting to review project progress.
- Worked with UI/UX team to design a user friendly interface for Android application.
- Worked in the new design, gave a new look and feel in the app, applying styles and themes following the new Google material design pattern.
- Wrote technical documentation pertaining to the application development process.
- Built the UI/UX implementing Fragments, Recycler View and Card View UI components.
- Used the Parcelable interface to serialize the objects.
- Created custom animations and transitions to improve the user experience.
- Added social media and sign in integration with Facebook.
- Supported multiple screen resolutions using different layouts for portrait and landscape.
- Used ProGuard to shrink, optimize and obfuscate the code.
- Suggested automated payment integration using Google Wallet and PayPal API and Android Wear compatibility for user notification.
- Integrated Flurry for mobile analytics.
- Worked with JUnit to complete all test cases.
- Used of GIT for source control management and continuous integration with Jenkins.
- Used the JIRA for project planning and bug tracking.
- Implemented Universal Image Loader for image downloading, catching and rendering.
- Implemented data persistence using SQLite.
- Resolved issues, fixed bugs and optimized the application.
Environment: Android Studio, JSON, Android SDK, RESTFULL web services, Google Messaging Services, Google Maps API, Picasso, Subversion.
Confidential, New Jersey
Senior Android Developer
- Worked closely with product management, architecture design, data flow design and branches merging.
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design, development, testing and deployment.
- Implemented complex layout that supports different screen size in tablets and phones.
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them from Yelp to show them on Google map.
- Used GIT for the source control and JIRA and Quality center as the bug tracking tool.
- Used third-party libraries (crouton, achartengine, gson, jcommander etc) and APIs (Yelp and Google).
- Tested the application across different versions of Android and different android phones to assure quality and performance.
- Review changes in a timely manner and make best efforts to communicate when changes are not accepted.
- Time constraint issues, exceptions and errors were effectively handled for the application.
- Worked on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Involved in packing, signing and deploying.
Environment: Android Studio 1.3.2, Android 4.2(JellyBean) - Android 6.0(Marshmallow).
- Engineered the application using the latest Android SDK, Google Maps APIs and advanced UX and UI design architecture.
- Integrated financial transactions within the app using PayPal and new Android Pay.
- Leveraged beautiful cleaner interface, plus design changes using Android 5.0 Loliipop material design tools like card view, toolbar, recycler view, animations properties and new v7 library.
- Localized the Android application and use the Android resource framework to separate the localized aspects of application.
- Used Leak Canary to manage, trace and fix memory leaks issue within the application.
- Bug-tracking the application using JIRA with team planning, and building great products to capture and organize issues, assign work, and follow team activity.
- Updated to Google Maps V3 API from V2 for geo-location based features, user location tracing, navigation to nearby hotels, Geocoding and POI.
- Integrated Google Cloud Messaging for sending notifications to registered users about new hot deals, gift coupons and exiting offers.
- Used MVC, Singleton and Factory design pattern.
- Used butterknife dependency injection for louse coupling of views.
- Worked independently on a API feature for getting weather updates on user destination location.
- Implemented Retrofit to make a parent Callback Interface to automatically handle the error function, catching and pagination to API.
- Incorporated Google Analytics for efficient track of the application crash and error reporting.
- Tight collaboration with fellow interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, product owners and developer.
- Ensured the app is quickly launched and delivered with high quality on Google Play.
Environment: Android Studio, Leak Canary, Material Design, JIRA, Agile, GCM, Google Play Services, Retrofit, Glide, Picasso, MVC, Factory Design, okhttp, PayPal, Stripe, Android Pay, Google Analytics, Git, Butterknife.
Junior Android Developer
- Extensively worked with product requirement gathering/analysis, architecture/database design, development, testing and deployment.
- Used Android SDK, Java to design UI with different layouts and widgets corresponding to various resolutions and different orientations.
- Used JSON to communicate between server and application.
- Used AsyncTask to invoke web services in the background thread like downloading available activities.
- Implemented ListView and customized adapters to display the list of activities, new events etc.
- Implemented OnItemClickListener for various activities and event in the list.
- Used Services to implement different features in the application.
- Participated in testing of the application in various devices, screen sizes and resolutions.
- Handle time constraint issues, exception and error handling for the application.
Environment: Eclipse, ADT, Android 2.3.3(Gingerbread) to Android 4,2(Jellybeans) OS.