- Senior Technical Manager/Solutions Architect with 24 years of systems/application architecture/ development experience (Java, JEE, Angular JS, JSP, Struts, Web Services, MQ, Spring, EJB, JDBC, Hibernate, AJAX, Java Script, CSS, Weblogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Maven, ANT, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Android SDK, Unix/Linux, AWS, Shell Scripting, Git, Jenkins, Bamboo, Jira and Confluence) as an end to end solution provider.
- Fourteen years of strong experience of leading and mentoring developers to deliver outstanding products.
- PMI Certified PMP and Certified Scrum Master
- Very Strong experience of Angular JS and MongoDB
- Very Strong experience of J2EE architecture/design patterns, Object Oriented Design methodologies, SOA, data modeling techniques, REST and SOAP.
- Very Strong experience of Junit and Mockito.
- Excellent knowledge of testing methodologies and QTP.
- In recent assignment, designed the Java based BOS system as a consultant and led a team to successfully deliver the I - 95 Express Lanes project in Virginia on time and below budget. Received an award from Group General Manager for my dedication and exceptional service.
- Passionate about solving difficult problems and facing new challenges.
- Technical with strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Numerous Awards as “star performer”, “manager’s choice”, “sustained service”, etc.
- Architected WSO2 API manager solution and Dockerized it.
- Architected a Ballerina service to choreograph services
- Architected and coded the authorization and filter node micro service, which is center to all the micro services for authorization and filtering of programs.
- Architected and coded Okta factor micro service and developed corresponding UI for that service
- Created a solution and developed programs to dynamically export and import APIs into various environments from Development, using Python and Jenkins jobs.
- Developed WSO2 custom handlers using Java.
Technical Manager / Solution Architect
- Architected a process to load violations automatically, directly from the requirements document. Created steps, so that BAs follow those steps and then that document gets loaded into the system using few steps from development side.
- Architected several processes for continuous integration, played a key role in migrating from Jenkins to Bamboo. Identified several areas where special processes are required to load reference data automatically, like HTML docs, PDFs and DB updates (with liquibase). Created an in house solution to access logs and zip files automatically with an application on all instances instead of admins giving the logs manually.
- Architected an interface process with ACE and Lead an interface team to design and develop ACE interface for Late File / No File and Bond services. External MQ interface has been established with this module.
- Architected and developed an entire Late File / No File conversion module.
- Lead a team to perform data migration. Created a data migration plan, created stories in the increment planning and worked on initial data migration activities. Coordinated with legacy team, analyzed legacy data which is on DB2, viewed legacy mainframe screens along with legacy team and played a key role in establishing an intermediate oracle database.
- Architected the load testing plan, designed an internal Java test tool to load test the web services. Later this process got converted into load runner. Lead a team to perform load testing and provided guidance to fix the issues surfaced from the load/performance test.
- Found several N+1 issues, query issues, UI issues, specific to IE in the performance testing, increased the performance from instances of 2-3 minutes to 3-5 seconds. Created a significant performance boost in several modules, specifically DB layer using Hibernate.
Technical Manager/ Back Office Consultant
- Responsible for system and application architecture, back office development, over all delivery of the Back Office System (BOS) and DPS systems.
- Successfully led the transition of 495 (Capital Beltway Express) systems to 95 Express lanes, played a key role in transition planning and leading actual transition.
- Responsible for non-functional and performance/load testing for the overall system at an architect capacity.
- Managed a technical development team for BOS and DPS, managed sub-contractors and external venders.
- Responsible for ICDs for various interfaces like Mail House, Collections, Lock Box, VDOT and Courts.
- Responsible for stake holder communication.
Technical Manager/ Senior Web Development Contractor
- Developed a web application which allows grantees to submit their grant activity over the web, while validating the details from the Line of Credit Control System’s (LOCCS) financial management system.
- Led a team of experienced application developers while gathering the requirements, doing hands on design and development.
- This was a JEE based Web Application, which uses Struts 2 and Toplink frameworks, Oracle 11g and Weblogic application server and has an interface to the LOCCS system database.
- Also, developed a Fair Housing complaint form along with the web service to accept the complaint. Used Geo Coding to validate the addresses entered by the users, by using USPS data. Our web service serves both the online & mobile applications (Both iOS and Android).
- Developed Android application and an FHEO Tool Kit, which enables the Tea Pots application to use the developed tools, like letter templates, file upload module, automatic complaint flow and role based security.
- Designed all the applications and developed core applications, web service, android application and created the Struts frame work for the complaint/grant forms.
- Developed the applications using J2EE, Struts 2.0, AJAX, JDBC, TopLink, Hibernate, Web Services (REST), Weblogic 11, Oracle 11g, Eclipse, ANT, Serena, Linux and Windows 7.
- Successfully led and managed a seventeen member team for implementation and go-live phase. Managed the three interface systems successfully, E2 (Travel), EPS (Contracts), Grants and an Informatica reports team, by coordinating with the interface systems and client.
- Managed Financial Mgmt application and delivered enhancements and change requests through SDLC with Web Services, OC4J, Oracle Financials, Oracle 10g&11g, J2EE, EJB, JSP, Struts 2.0, Informatica, Linux and Windows.
- Concurrently responsible for tracking the issues, discussing the priorities with the client and interface system POCs, scheduling them and releasing them to production.
- Managed an onsite support team and an in house development team. Balanced the responsibilities between the teams for this effort and made the go live and post implementation a big success.
- Member of project proposals team and played a key role in winning new projects
- Completed the required enhancements, completed the mock migration of the project for travel and contracts integration modules.
- Led developers, onsite support team and helpdesk team in successfully deploying the system, successfully managing the go-live issues, successfully managing the integration issues, scheduling the fixes and deploying them and coordinating with integration partners.
- Member of technology upgrade team in bringing new technology initiatives, porting the frameworks, creating prototypes.
- Designed and developed various business applications using J2EE, Spring, C++, RFID and device technologies. Full software development life cycle from requirements analysis through design, modeling, development, testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with user groups, stake holders to capture and translate business needs into structured technical requirements. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple project managers and multiple clients simultaneously.
- Responsibilities include mentoring application developers on design patterns and methodologies and evaluation of emerging technologies.
- Led a team of experienced application developers in the design and development of an enterprise Commercial Vehicle Operations application using AJAX, JMS, Spring, JSP, Struts, Hibernate, JBoss Developer Studio, ANT, C++ and Oracle on Linux and Windows Platforms.
- Project has a site and host model. Sites and host talk using Message Queue with JBoss container. Site controller was developed with RoseRT C++ and Site manager with JBoss Developer studio. Site controller talks to site manager within the site using Confidential C++ library. Site manager uses AJAX to automatically refresh the screen to display the real time transaction sent by site controller. Used Struts and JSP in designing and presenting regular screens.
- Used waterfall and Agile software development methodologies to successfully develop this project.
- Led a team of experienced application developers in the design and development of an enterprise Prepass Gates application using AJAX, JMS, Spring, JSP, Struts, Hibernate, JDBC, ANT and Oracle on Linux and Windows Platforms. This project provides a complete yard management solution for trucking yards by automating entry and exit of trucks in and out of the yard. This project is designed to provide a cloud based management of trucks where the customers can manage their trucks on the cloud. This data is then sent to the yard computers where the decision making is done locally. Cloud sends a tag file to the local system on a daily basis for the network failure cases. Local yard system checks with the cloud to make a decision whether to open a gate or not. Yard and host talk using sockets. Yard controller was developed with RoseRT C++ and Yard manager with Netbeans. Yard manager uses AJAX to automatically refresh the screen to display the real time transaction sent by yard controller. Used Struts and JSP in designing and presenting regular screens. We used Agile software development methodologies to successfully develop this project.
- Led a team of experienced application developers and coordinated with stake holders and successfully implemented International Border Crossing Project using Java, Servlet, JSP, Web Services, JDBC, Swing and C++ on Linux platform for automating truck crossing between USA and Mexico. This project provides an automatic e-clearance to the trucks which are traveling between USA and Mexico. This project checks the validity of the driver's license, truck's registration and insurance details using the web services and stores the transactions in to the local, database with JDBC. Truck and driver have RFID associated with them, Transcore reader reads the tag and passes the information to the C++ process and C++ process sends it to the Java process via the sockets. Java process checks the credentials from the New Mexico database via the Web services to access the SAFER and LIFIS database information. We used the water fall methodology to develop this project.
- Led a team of experienced application developers in developing and managing an enterprise application EZ-Pass. This project provides high speed Electronic Toll Collection solution to clients, New Jersey Turnpike Authority and Port Authority of New York. Customers enroll in EZ-Pass program and receive an RFID device called an EZ-Pass tag. Customer (Driver) attaches this tag to his car's wind shield and drives through high speed lanes.
- Developed C++ interface to the RFID reader to get the tag information, C++ interface to the AVC (Automatic Vehicle Classifier) to get the vehicle classification, C++ interface to the overhead scanner which gives the class information to the lane controller and then lane controller creates a transaction according to the business rules and tag file. If a customer drives through these lanes without tag or if the reader fails to read the tag, then a violation transaction is generated and the front and rear images of the tag are captured. Rational RoseRT was used to develop the entire lane controller. RoseRT runs on Windows and generates the C++ code from the model, which in turn gets compiled on a Linux box using the Samba mount.
- Led a small team of developers in enhancing, managing and migrating a Unixware based Prepass application system to Linux. Enhanced C programs which used IPC, Socket programming, device interfaces, enhanced Pro*C programs which dealt with Informix database, enhanced lot of shell scripts, enhanced Pro*C programs which dealt with billing module, enhanced C programs which dealt with modems, blast process to dial in to remote locations to collect the data. Demonstrated ability to independently research, install and interface to different programs on to Linux platform.
Senior Developer/System Analyst
- Provided technical expertise in designing and developing various business applications for three clients (Fannie Mae, MCI World com and HBOC) using J2EE, Core Java, Swing/AWT, JDBC, Weblogic, C++,CORBA, Rogue wave and shell scripting.
- Developed and maintained mortgage calculators for Fannie Mae: True Cost Calculator, Refinance Calculator, Arm vs fixed comparison calculator using J2EE, Servlet, JSP, Java script, Weblogic and Oracle.
- Developed and maintained a TPS (Translation Provisioning System) server, which constantly monitors incoming equipment into the system, for MCI Worldcom. Developed this server using C++, CORBA, Rogue Wave and Oracle on HP Unix. When the server receives new equipment, it has to translate the equipment details into TPS format and store the final equipment into the database.
- Developed and maintained a TPS (Translation Provisioning System) to CPAS interface project for MCI Worldcom. CPAS is a group that retrieves current switch data. TPS is a provisioning system that does the provisioning for Lines, Trunks, Trunk groups etc. To perform this provisioning, we needed to keep the switch data and TPS database in sync. Designed and developed a TPS/CPAS interface GUI using Java AWT, which requests status and attributes from the switch. This interface talks to TPS database using JDBC, runs Oracle procedures to get unique request ID, then talks to CPAS Server over CORBA interface.
- As a senior developer worked in a team, developed and maintained a TPS Server using C++, CORBA, Rogue wave, Oracle on HP Unix, which takes data from the raw switch and updates the TPS production. I have developed a CORBA server, which is called TPS server, and is running on TPS side. Once CPAS server is done writing data into raw switch it calls my TPS server, so that it will read from raw switch and update the production.
- As a senior developer worked in a team, developed and maintained a DB Server in NIS Order Entry system for MCI World com using C++, Rogue Wave and Oracle on HP Unix. I have developed methods for reservation, cancel reservation, activation, disconnection of channels and equipment.
- As a developer worked in a team, developed and maintained a Metadata Entry Screen using Java AWT and JDBC on Windows for HBOC client. This Java program takes input from the user about each job and stores in the database. When it is running the job, it takes the inputs from the database about inputs and displays input fields to take input for that particular job, supplies those inputs to the shell and runs the job.
- Developed and maintained Job Conversion project using C++, C, Shell Scripting and Oracle for HBOC Client. We converted an HP 3000, DB2, COBOL based health care product into an HP 9000, Forte, Java and Oracle based product. Developed various tools like, Dbq util (which takes a SQL query as input and gets the data from Oracle and writes that data into flat files. These flat files will be given to Shell Scripts and COBOL as input), Automation of Job Conversion (This reads the existing code from HP3000 files and fills the metadata entries and creates dummy shell scripts.
- Also developed a shell tool, which automates the process of testing converted script). Claims Processing (This tool extracts claims information from the Database using C++ tool and writes it into flat file. After that I have performed several operations like sort, append, reformat those flat files and submit that re-arranged flat file to COBOL program, so that it in-turn generates the report or modifies the database. Claims processing involves processing the medical, dental and drug claims), and Report generation in C++, C and Shell scripting.