Experienced Software, Release and Integration Engineer, with hands on experience in the full life cycle of software design, implementation, testing, release, maintenance and monitoring including using OOP, post production configuration and optimization.
Frameworks: Jakarta Struts, Spring MVC
Financial Software: BARX, Bloomberg, Imagine, Thomson Reuters Tick History, Wombat, Confidential, Algorithmics
Clustering Software: Tibco Datasynapse Gridserver, Proactive, Azure
Integration Software: Hudson, Jenkins
Office suite: Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook)
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
Monitoring Software: JManage, Nagios, OpenNMS, Splunk, Oracle Enterprise Manager
Scheduling Software: ActiveEon ProActive, CA Autosys job management framework, Datasynapse, Proactive
Messaging Software: JMS, TIBCO Rendezvous
Senior Integration Engineer
- Develop, automate and optimize new and existing Risk Reporting tools (python 3, bash, Jenkins)
- Create regression and unit tests for batch processes to minimize the release lifecycle time and improve robustness
- Set up and maintain Nagios for monitoring and performance tuning the Algo infrastructure.
- Set up Continu ous Integration and Continuous Deployment for the Algo software
- Implement business continuity process and conduct DR tests, Audit and provide third level support.
- Implemented several tools in Matlab and Perl to analyze PNL, fee calculations and other stats to optimize execution.
- Ensured accuracy of all trades/risk positions including monitoring/dissecting PNL and resolving discrepancies.
- Validated models via back - testing, screening market data and FX signals for noise that can affect trading.
- Set up, maintained and actively used Nagios for monitoring the framework for an FX algorithmic trading platform.
- Automated daily restarts and market data download, used by the trading platform using the TRTH Java API.
- Wrote CGI, AJAX based web tools, Perl and bash scripts, XSLT transformations and Java Nagios plugins to monitor stability and collect performance stats of the ASP environment
- Tracked application and production issues and application bug diagnosis in an environment of over 700 servers
- Provided multilingual second level technical support to over 3000 clients including many of the world s central banks, leading investment institutions, hedge funds and corporations
- Created Java, Perl and bash automation tools for different parts of the release management process
- Identified and implemented system and software performance optimizations through configuration and code changes
- Administered MS SQL databases backup and recovery and DR environments for over 50 SQL server instances.
- Managed systems/software configurations and troubleshot production environment issues
- Released, tested and troubleshot new software deployed to the ASP UAT and Prod environments
- Provided Second and third level product technical support to operations team.
Software Engineer Intern
- Designed and developed multiple new features for RMG client side software
- Worked directly with QA team through testing and benchmarking new functionality
Graduate Research Assistant
- Designed and maintained an Access relational database for a book collection program for Iraqi Universities.
- Designed Logos, graphics, ID s and security access cards using Photoshop.
- Helped sort and select over 6000 books that were sent to five Iraqi universities
- Improved Search Engine rankings for clients using keyword optimization, and cross link building techniques
- Designed user friendly graphical interfaces for internal tools using java Swing.