- Around 2+ years of experience in application software development supporting web - based applications on J2EE framework and GUI based applications.
- Proven track record of coding, integrating complex technical processes within international, high-profile and tight deadline-oriented environments.
- Extensive experience in Java J2EE technologies using Core Java, Java collection, JDBC, Threads, Spring Framework, Struts Framework, Hibernate, JSF,Servlets, DHTML, CSS, XSLT, JMS, JSTL, UI Design, Java Script.
- Extensive experience of working on all tiers of J2EE n-tier Architecture.
- Proficient in designing applications using Java and J2EE Design Patterns such as Singleton, Factory, Facade, Observer, Command Patterns, Value/Data Transfer etc.
- Good web page design skills using HTML, CSS, Java Script, XSL and XML.
- Extensive Knowledge in Java Persistence API.
- Exposure to Software Engineering methodology like Agile methodology, Waterfall methodology.
- Responsible for coding, implementation and unit testing of various J2EE related projects.
- Expert in designing and developing various UML diagrams using tools like Rational rose, RUP.
- Good experience on EJB (stateless Session, MDB, Entity Beans).
- Extensive experience in Tomcat Server, JBoss, and Weblogic Server.
- Good Experience in implementing Web Services such as SOAP, WSDL, UDDI.
- Extensive experience in database designing using RDBMS Concepts in Oracle, MS SQL.
- Hands-on experience in writing stored procedures, functions, views, triggers and joins.
- Experience with debugging with Firebug in Mozilla Firefox
- Involved in preparing use-case, functional, technical design of the project and test case document.
- Excellent ability to quickly master the technologies and concept.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with people diplomatically.
- Comprehensive problem solving abilities
Languages: Java, SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, C#, VB.net.
Modeling/Methodologies: Agile Software Development Methodology, Water Fall Model
Java/J2EE Technologies: JDK 1.5/1.6, JSP, Servlets, Java Beans, EJB, JDBC, JPA, JTA, JSF 2.0, Web Services.
Frameworks: Struts 1.x/2.3,Spring 2.5 MVC, Spring 2.5 JDBC, Hibernate 3.0/3.2, JUnit
Web Service Frameworks: JAX-WS, Apache AXIS.
Design Pattern: Singleton, Front Controller, Model View Controller, Session Facade, Business Delegate, Factory, Decorator, Observer.
XML Technologies: XML Schema, XSD, XSLT, SAX, DOM, JAXB, SOAP, WSDL
Build tools: ANT, Maven
Design & Debug tools: Log4j, Microsoft VISIO
Version Control: Subversion (SVN), Concurrent Version Systems (CVS)
Database: MySQL 5.0, Oracle 8i/10g, SQL Server 2005
Java IDE: Eclipse 3.2/3.7/4.2
Web/Application Servers: Web Logic 10.3, Tomcat 5.5, JBoss 4.0/5.0,6.0, Apache HTTP server
Confidential, Portland, OR
Sr. Java/ J2EE Developer
- Involved in analysis, design, coding and testing of the project.
- Implemented “Model View Control (MVC)” architecture to isolate each layer of the application to avoid the complexity of integration and customization.
- Used J2EE front-end design patterns in implementing Struts framework.
- Used Struts framework for configuration and implementation of presentation and business layers.
- The Views are programmed using JSP pages with the Struts 1.1 tag libraries, Model is a combination of EJBs and Java classes (Form and Action classes) and Controllers are ActionServlets. The controller uses XML mappings in Struts to map the request to the server side functionality.
- Used EJB as a middleware in designing and developing a three-tier distributed application.
- Persistence layer was developed using Hibernate with JPA.
- Implemented business logic at server side using Session Bean.
- Developed Entity Beans (Program, User) used for encapsulating business logic.
- Developed Web services using Apache Axis2 and generated the WSDL.
- Used Web Services (SOAP) for transmission of large blocks of XML data between two interfaces.
- Used SAX parser and SAX APIs to parse and read XML files.
- Used JMS and Message Driven Beans (MDB) to download XML messages.
- Responsible for generation of jar/war/ear files using Maven tool and deployed in WebLogic Application Server.
- JUnit, JMock Frameworks were used for performing unit and integration testing by writing test cases.
- Used SVN for version control and Eclipse as IDE.
- Involved in understanding the functional requirements and converting into technical design document
- Developed JSPs and Servlets to provide a mechanism for obtaining electronic and printed pricelists for list prices, regional prices and customer-specific prices.
- Used Spring Framework to provide architectural flexibility.
- Designed and developed JDBC module to read and write data from Oracle and SQL Server databases and convert to XML format.
- Developed a module to export XML data to CSV files.
- Parsed XML data using Xerces parser to display it on JSPs.
- Designed and developed Session and Entity beans.
- Implemented hierarchical control mechanism to provide different permission levels to different users to modify pricing rules.
- Provided control mechanisms to allow a salesman to view customer accounts associated with his login.
- Implemented hierarchical definition of products, customers and channels.
- Used SVN as version control, ANT as build tool and IBM WebSphere for deployment.
- Involved in unit testing and also developed test cases.