- Experienced professional with extensive knowledge in trouble shooting problems within various environments.
- Works directly with customers supporting Application Performance Management (APM) product monitoring customer’s business critical applications for Confidential 500 customers.
- Expertise in ARCserve (Backup | Restore) application, Application performance, maintaining GA code, analyzing root cause of problems, provides code fixes, releases service packs and enhances product features in a fast pace environment.
Programming Languages: C, C++, JAVA, Perl, Shell Scripting, SQL, HTML, XML, CGI, Visual Basic, Make, Assembly Language
Platforms and Application Servers: Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP, AIX, Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic, Jboss, IIS
Programing Environment, Troubleshooting Tools and commands: Eclipse, Visual Studio .NET, Sun Workshop, IBM Memory Analyzer, Process Explore, Pstack, tcpdump
Networking, Programming, protocol Knowledge: Data Structures, Algorithms, TCP|IP, Web Services, Socket Programming, Inter - Process Communication, SNMP
Database Knowledge: Oracle, Oracle RMAN, Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, MySQL, Informix, DB2
Hardware Knowledge: PC|UNIX Computer Architecture, IDE|SCSI Technology, SAN
Confidential, Islandia, NY
Senior Software Support Engineer
- Helped identified product problems in source code and submit to Engineering for review and create fixes.
- Analyzed and identified memory problems with tools like Eclipse, IBM memory analyzer.
- Worked in heterogenous environment for Install, Upgrade, administer, trouble shoot APM in various environments: Unix | Linux | Windows with different application server environments like Tomcat, Jboss, Websphere, Websphere MQ, Weblogic, IIS, .NET Applications.
- Trouble shoot Postgres | Oracle | SQL related database problems which APM uses.
- Trouble shoot network problems with tools like Tcpdump.
- Optimize Java applications with options like Xmx, Xms and GC for APM and customer applications.
- Helped customer with questions on Java certificates, Web Services, LDAP, SNMP, shell script, related problems when implementing and using APM in their environment.
- Deployed applications on Tomcat, Jboss, Webshphere, Weblogic, IIS to help with customer issues.
- Managed customer technical issues and escalations.
Senior Software Sustaining Engineer
- Analyzed | debug customer issues to identify root cause and created code fixes for the bugs.
- Trouble shoot issues with system tools like strace, pstack, tcpdump analyzing core files with system tools like GDB.
- Enhanced product features.
- Worked on releasing Service Packs which included cumulative fixes.
- Maintained source code control with Perforce.
- Used Roguewave, memory debugger, Electric Fence.
- Collaborated QA and Technical Support to solve issues.
- Worked in fast pace Backup | Restore environment which is critical to customer’s business and handled escalations.
- Mentored Junior Engineers.
- XOSoft was written in C++, C#.
- Provided code fixes for customer issues.
- Maintained source code control with Confidential Software Control Manager.
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Setup machines for all platforms (Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX and AIX) for product testing.
- Installed | used different databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2) on different platforms for product testing.
- Created product test cases base on Software Requirement Specification.
- Worked with Development on fixing product bugs.