- IT Technologist & Leader with more than 20 years of experience designing enterprise systems and managing cross - functional teams.
- Strong emphasis on software development and business processes quality improvements.
- In depth understanding of Agile practices and Modern Software Development toolkit.
- Expert knowledge of SOA, Cloud and Microservices architectures.
- Effective team motivator and mentor, focused on continuous improvement within the team and organization.
- Experienced in Retail, Automotive, Financial, Insurance, Software, Educational, Telecommunications and other industries.
- Implemented SOA architecture using Node.js services running on Docker containers. Utilized by SPA apps developed in AngularJS.
- Developed reports in MongoDB utilizing new “lookup” functionality.
- Adopted Pivotal CloudFoundry technology with Microservices architecture implemented in Java, Spring Boot.
- Evaluated modern cloud frameworks in POC projects: CloudFoundry, Pivotal CloudFoundry, AWS.
- Designed and implemented enterprise architecture of highly integrated and componentized Java Enterprise libraries utilized for development of client-server web applications.
- Developed RESTful Web-Services framework based on Java Servlets.
- Utilized Jboss Rules (Drools) engine to capture complex business rules utilized for Business Process Management (BPM)
- Created extensible Java Report Component standardizing look & feel of all reports generated by JasperReports software, while providing flexibility to accommodate custom report requirements.
- Built custom JSP based web page templating engine, preempting Struts Tiles.
- Redesigned distributed multithreaded application as set of independent agents based on Java Management Extensions (JMX) API.
- Designed high efficiency network protocol for low speed SCADA modems
- Developed software for telecom switch management automation
Enterprise Architecture: JEE, TOGAF, Design Patterns
SOA/Cloud: PaaS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, 12 Factor, Microservices, Spring Boot
Databases: MongoDB, DB2, ORACLE, SQL Server, Sybase
Methodologies: TDD, BDD, AOP, Agile/Extreme, Scrum, Kanban
Platforms: Win, Linux (RedHat, Alpine, Oracle, CentOS), AIX, Solaris, AS400
Containers: Docker, Docker Compose, Terraform
Middleware: Web Services, MQ Series, EJB, JDO, RMI, CORBA
Web: Spring, Spring Boot, AngularJS, Material CSS, jQuery, JSON, Struts/Tiles, Tapestry, X/HTML, Tomcat, Websphere AS, ASP, Flex, Ajax.
IDE: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, WSAD, RAD, NetBeans
Build Tools: NPM, Bower, Maven, Gradle, Ant, Ivy
Other: Log4j, JMX, Apache Commons, jUnit
Sr. Developer / Architect
- Lead multitrack Agile (Scrum) software development team of 16 developers.
- Established best practices for Coding, Pair Programming & TDD.
- Implemented Microservices based architecture deployed in the Cloud.
- Designed scalability strategy for high transactional software modules.
- Innovated reusable UI components repository.
Environment: Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Spring Boot, AngularJS, Google Material Design, Bootstrap, REST, Ajax, JSON, Grunt, Gulp, NVD3, jQuery, Node.JS, Gradle, Jenkins, Git, SonarQube, Selenium, Hibernate, DB2, Tomcat 7, Java 8.
Software Architect / Development Lead
- Led refactoring and addition of new features to Project Management Toolkit Java Enterprise software at Home Depot.
- Improved code stability by addressing cross-cutting concerns and implementing strict validation rules.
- Promoted Agile at Home Depot. Part of the Agile Forum team. Introduced XP/TDD with JUnit/Selenium
- Established Cloud based business requirements gathering utilizing Google Apps Spreadsheets with real time multi-user collaboration.
- Administered a Cloud based Linux CentOS Server with Moodle Educational Software. Created Java Fundamentals training courses and assessment exams.
Environment: Linux RedHat/CentOS, SQL Server, Oracle, Tomcat 6 (Grid), Java 7, JSP/Servlets, RESTful (Jersey), XML, Ajax, JSON, jQuery, DAO (proprietary), Ivy, Cobertura, Jenkins, SVN, Selenium.
- Coupled custom intranet/internet solutions with existing QAD & iPurchase systems.
- Established XML backed standards for web interface UX.
- Enabled unit testing of database components with in-memory running Apache Derby database.
- Encapsulated Tapestry/OJB components into separate components repository.
- Established Continuous Software Improvement as a necessary business process.
Technologies: Java/J2EE, Tapestry, OJB, JSP, Log4j, JUnit, Maven, Drools, XML, XSLT, Apache Commons, jQuery
Environment: AS400, IBM WebSphere, DB2, Linux RedHat
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Environment: Java 5, Flex 3, Struts, REST Web Services, Maven 2, Hudson, JIRA, SQL Server, Tomcat 6
- Created Report Component that used Jasper Reports JRXML file as a template that will be customized during runtime to fit particular report.
- Developed Pivot Column functionality for the reports in Java - representing values of the certain column of the table (pivot column) as columns.
- Used Template Engine (StringTemplate) to assemble complex SQL queries.
- Introduced String Aggregate - a custom Oracle SQL aggregate function that is able to produce a comma delimited list of strings.
Technologies: Struts 1.2.7, Jasper Reports 3.0.1, Apache POI, Log4j, JUnit, EasyMocks, Maven 2, StringTemplate
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Technical Team Lead
- Pioneered implementation of open source web application framework Tapestry 5.0 at Confidential, provided mentoring for team members.
- Reached above 80% of Java code coverage by running JUnit test cases with EasyMocks and Mockrunner frameworks.
- Used Maven for Project Build Management, Hudson for Continuous Integration and SubVersion as Source Control System.
- Incorporated requirements management into JIRA infrastructure. Integrated Web Application with Oracle back-end using stored procedures.
Technologies: Tapestry 5.0, Log4j, JUnit, EasyMocks, ANT, Maven 2, Apache POI
Environment: Linux RedHat Enterprise, Java 5, Agile/Scrum, JBoss AS 4.2, Eclipse Ganymede, Oracle 10G, Hudson, SVN, JIRA, Wiki
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Extensive use of open source projects including Tapestry for web framework, OJB for persistence layer and JBoss Rules engine for business logic.
- Utilized XML in web applications as an intermediary front-end layer with consequent XSLT translation to HTML.
- Instructed team members on Java Development Best Practices and performed software quality control via use of Agile Software Development and implementation of Design Patterns.
- Promoted department-wide standardization of user interface and implemented the standard using XML technologies.
- Boost database performance by restructuring SQL queries for optimal execution plan.
- Developed Apache 2.0 module for AS400 using C language, able to do XSLT translation of web XML content into HTML.
Environment: AS400, Agile/Extreme, WebSphere 6.0, RAD 7.0, DB2, J2EE, EJB, Struts, Tapestry, OJB, JBoss Rules 4.0, Log4j, JUnit, ANT, Web Service / SOAP
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
- Delivered a timely completion of prototype for the Customer Profile project, implementing J2EE technologies and team environment.
Environment: AIX, WebSphere 4.0, Visual Age, DB2, Struts, J2EE Container Security, SSL, CVS, SSH