- 7 years of overall Software Design and Development Experience in Android and Java based applications.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with good working knowledge, disciplines, tasks, resources and scheduling.
- Extensive experience in using Android Studio and Eclipse with ADT plugin.
- Extensive experience in using Java and XML in developing Android applications using Android Studio/Eclipse with ADT plugin.
- Experience in designing UI layouts using Linear Layout, Relative Layout, Frame Layout, Table Layout, List View, Grid View and using Android native widgets and custom Widgets.
- Extensive experience in using basic Android components such as Activity, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Content providers, Notifications in Android and also implementing Intents/Intent filters, Fragments, Material design, Compound views, Custom views to match the provided UI specifications and Animations such as Tween, Frame and Property Animations.
- Extensive experience in parsing JSON/XML data and displaying the data in the List View/Grid View, Customized List View/Grid View and in the form of different layouts.
- Extensive experience in Camera, Wifi, Sensors, Bluetooth, Telephony, Google Map etc.
- Hands on experience in integrating third party Social API's into Android apps such as Twitter, Facebook, Google, YouTube.
- Experience in managing backend data by using Android File system, Shared Preferences, SQLite database and Content Providers.
- Expertise in using Design patterns and Object Oriented methodologies to design software for mobile phones.
- Working knowledge of graphic design, audio and video multimedia features and handling various kinds of media using Photoshop, Flash.
- Expertise in OOPs concepts, Data Structure, Multithreading, Collections, Exception handling.
- Extensive experience in Unit Testing using JUnit, Integration Testing, System Testing, Mobile Automation Testing (Robotium)and Production Support of large-scale, enterprise applications and products using automation tools such as Appuim tool and instrumentation tools such as Roboelectric and Robotuim.
- Experience in making efficient use of version control management and bug reporting tools like Tortoise SVN, GIT, TFS, Bitbucket and error tracking tools such as Jira etc.
- Ability to quickly adapt to different project environments, work in teams and accomplish difficult tasks independently within time frame.
Android OS: Android 2.2 to Android 6.0 (Gingerbread, Honey Comb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jellybean, Kit Kat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat).
Frameworks: Android SDK, Java Development Kit (JDK)
Data Bases: SQLite, SQL, Mongo DB, Mysql, Oracle (8i,11g)
IDE: Android Studio, Eclipse ADT, Intelli J, NetBeans, Visual Studio
Version Control: CVS, SVN, GIT Hub, Bit Bucket
Bug Tracker Tools: Bugzilla, JIRA
Operating Systems: Android Variants, Linux, Windows 8/7/Vista/XP, Mac
Android Application Developer
Confidential, Oakton, Virginia
- Worked with android components such as activities, intents, services, and custom UI components such as Navigation Controller, List View, Customized List View, Tab Layouts, gestures events, menus, etc.
- Responsible for designing and developing all the GUI elements by making required modifications to the xml.
- Consumed REST Web Services and parsed the JSON data using the third party library GSON.
- Integrated location based services using Google Maps API to display locations of the nearest Branches.
- Handled integrations with SMS and e-mail.
- Created UI including Navigation Layout, List View, Image View, Text View, Search View, Scroll View and Map View.
- Implemented custom List View UI Design, List View drag and drop features to rearrange the List View content.
- Re-structured list views to use View Holder pattern with lazy loading for improved usability and lower memory footprint.
- Made a responsible function to handle user Logins and Logouts.
- Used Picasso library for smooth loading of images.
- Made Android compatibility to all the devices from API level 16 to 22 and Implemented Navigation Drawer, Action bar using AppCompat-V7 Support Library to compatible with lower version devices.
- Collaborated with the QA, testing team to re-create different scenarios and perform smoke, unit testing.
- Used Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, sharing using Facebook, Email, Twitter, SMS, etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Designed and deployed SQLite database to store huge amounts of data.
- Tracked issues using JIRA, updated status on the tasks using the common platform Basecamp.
Environment: Java, Android SDK, Android Studio, GIT, XML, SQL Lite, JSON, Jira, Picasso, GSON, Agile, RESTful WS.
Android Application Developer
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
- Involved in requirement Analysis, Module level designing, UI design and development.
- Implemented important phases of activity life cycle for a complete and stable application.
- Worked with Content Providers in conjunction with local data storage using SQLite to transmit data among various other health care apps in the Hospital.
- Implemented immediate notifications and alerts using Notification bar and push notifications.
- Worked with View Pager, Navigation Drawers and action bars for better connectivity within the app.
- Worked with Sync Tasks in conjunction with broadcast receivers and services to provide certain functionalities such as show urgent SMS messages, emergency calls etc.
- Implemented JSON and REST API web service calls for data parsing and server interaction.
- Implemented Geo Location Tracking of Emergency Vehicles using Location and Google Maps API
- Exposure to working with secure connections with server by using the Secure Socket Layer and a protocol consisting of XML messages between the client and the server.
- Worked with Maven for build version control.
- Worked with debugging tools such as using Logcat, and DDMS.
- Test and error logging on different versions and devices of Android, debugging them in the very first phase of development, eliminating possible app crashes.
- Have used the android support libraries to provide the latest features like action bar, fragments to the lower versions of android devices.
- Used Photoshop CS5, Firework CS5, and Illustrator CS5 frequently for editing images, altering photos, and customizing look and feel of clients applications.
- Have created the unit test cases using Mockito JUNIT framework.
- Took care of code review, code fixes and bug fixes
- Responsible for testing the application in stage, code review fixing the bugs and providing post-production support.
Android Application Developer
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Worked on different phases of the project cycle like design, development and testing for all kind of android devices.
- Implemented native libraries in application by using Android NDK.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to define, design, and develop new features.
- Collected the requirements with the client and documented the requirements.
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design and development.
- Implemented functionality based on the business requirements for major releases.
- Worked on intergrading with Google API to provide the user with directions to the closest Best Buy locations.
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Used Google API’s to implement certain features in the application.
- Used android Location Manager to get the users current location and display it on a map view.
- Worked closely with the testing team.
- Designed screens related to categories and detail description for different sized devices by customizing views as per mockup.
- Used JSON to fetch data from the server.
- Implemented List views for displaying new releases.
- Developed the Alert dialog for confirmation of quitting the application Provided subsequent releases which included feature changes, enhancements and bug fixes.
Environment: Android SDK 1.6, Java SDK 1.6, SQLite, Eclipse IDE, ADT Plugin
- Involved in the development of Test Resiliency module using Spring MVC, Spring JDBC and Core Java.
- Involved in web component design and development using the spring framework, C, C++JSP, Servlets, and tag libs.
- Integrated springs framework with Hibernate that is used for Database operations
- Developed packages and stored procedures for some of the complex functionalities in test resiliency module.
- Expert in UI application development using Adobe Flex framework with Action script 3.0, Blaze DS integration with Java.
- Used SQL to retrieve the data.
- Requirement Analysis, Preparation of detail design, STP, ITP and UTP for Test Resiliency module.
- Performed independent unit testing, Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Provided post-production application support through root-cause analysis and implementation of relevant software patches.
- Invoking the Web service calls to QWE system
Environment: SQL, Tomcat, Java, Jsp, CSS, Servlets, struts, Web services, SOAP UI and Eclipse IDE.